Council charges - ear piercing, electrolysis, etc.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amanda63

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm not a regular poster here and have just jumped over from another forum. It's come to light that councils are charging anything they like for licencing of skin piercing treatments. Some are charging £170 one off fee, whilst others are charging hundreds of pounds on an annual basis. The current legislation is open to different interpretation by whoever is reading it! This is not good for our industry.

Anyway, I am a member of the FSB so brought this situation to their attention and have been told that the situation meets their criteria for looking into. However, we need to give them the information they need in order to do that. You don't have to be a member to do this, but just register on this website,
https://www.fsb.org.uk/benefits/fsb-connect page (free). This forum is also viewed by people doing business research and also politicians. If we can put our respective fees on the forum the situation will be looked at. Even if you are not doing these treatments, could you take a moment to call your council to find out what they would charge and feed back to the FSB. It was this group who lobbied hard to get the business rates reduced for small businesses.

I have a small salon in Sussex, just in case you are wondering who I am.

Latest posts

Back