Courtesy text

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choochy Face

Reaction score
Hey guys
Just wondered would you text a client a courtesy text on a Sunday night fir appointment on Monday as a reminder as client forgets x

Yes, especially if they usually forget! my hairdressers phones everyone the day before to remind them, they say is really helps with there no shows. It is my new year resolution to do it myself. x

Yes, you can get apps to do it for you via your appointment system x

I always text my clients the night before, I'm mobile and you be surprised how many times I've had the reply- oh yeah I can't do tomorrow now .

Always, I have so many people who forget!

Hi Tina

What do you reply when they text you that?

Difficult one really. I don't normally do it and last week I did for the first time and got the same response as Tina did. It can pre-empt situations when clients decide to cancel...

I normally just then ask when they would like to re book as its virtually impossible to have a cancellation policy when mobile but I would rather I find out the day before than waiting on a doorstep and no one answering the door.

Difficult one really. I don't normally do it and last week I did for the first time and got the same response as Tina did. It can pre-empt situations when clients decide to cancel...

I do agree sometimes I wonder if I hadn't have text though would they still have had the appointment .

I still text because I once had a woman cancel by text when I was a street away from her house.

You should always do it! I text my client at 8pm tonight ( forgot to do it earlier) to confirm for her tan tomorrow and she replied :)
I also send all my clients texts once a month or so reminding them of the website etc n offers

I always send a courtesy text 48 hours before the appointment, it really helps keep no-shows to a minimum. I also state that a 24 hour notice period is necessary if the appointment can't be kept.

I always send a text the day before reminding them of the appointment.

I have a lady tomorrow who I've text twice today and she hasn't replied. I'm a bit worried as her daughter cancelled her appointment for this week and I have a feeling that this lady won't want hers done.
Would anyone still go (I'm mobile) if she doesn't reply? I'm going to call tomorrow anyway and see if she will answer me then

Vicki x

I message all my clients on Sunday evening for that week. At least then if they are going to cancel I have time to fill their space and if they don't turn up I invoice them. Thankfully since March I've only had 2 no shows, and a handful of cancellations - bet I've just cursed myself.... xx

Hi Vicki,

I'm not mobile myself, but if it were me I would still go. She has booked the appointment after-all and hasn't cancelled, so I would definitely consider it on! You've texted her twice, and in my experience only 10% of attending clients reply. Although I am familiar with the 'gut-feeling' you're on about. Fingers crossed she's there ready & waiting!

I always send a text the day before reminding them of the appointment.

I have a lady tomorrow who I've text twice today and she hasn't replied. I'm a bit worried as her daughter cancelled her appointment for this week and I have a feeling that this lady won't want hers done.
Would anyone still go (I'm mobile) if she doesn't reply? I'm going to call tomorrow anyway and see if she will answer me then

Vicki x

I'd go! She might not have any credit and if you don't turn up and she's waiting for you, it will look unprofessional xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

She has just replied to cancel. No worries lost one gained 3 new bookings :) !!!!!
Vicki x

Good on you :) x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back