cracks??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather111

Reaction score
Well, did one of my regular clients last week and she called today to say that 3 of her nails have cracks in? Don't know where exactly until I see her on Wednesday but I can't think why it's happened!! I use ret+ and she's been having her nails done for months now and it's never happened before...any ideas why??

Maybe she put stress on them before they were fully cured....

:D :D ¿¿Well I would say that she has banged them wouldn't you ??:D :D

Just thinking...if my ratio wasn't right would this happen?

And, will I have to soak off or do you think buff down and re apply the acrylic?

Hi Heather,

I would have thought it was either bangs to the nails or in-correct mix ratio. If it were myself, i would file the acrylic down, and re-apply over the top. Hopefully this is the best thing to do!
I would keep an eye on the affected nails and if they seem to be cracking again after this, or the cracked area is becomming more visable i would remove and replace them

michelle x

If it was incorrect ratio would it have been too wet or too dry??

I was just wondering if the cracks are deep and if not might they just be caused by the top coat cracking? I've found that if people don't use gloves while using cleaning products this can cause the top coat to crack! Just a thought ....

Mish x

I would take into account which nails have cracked. If the three cracked nails are all on the same hand I would defo predict that they have been under too much pressure or have been given a knock.

Heather111 said:
Just thinking...if my ratio wasn't right would this happen?

And, will I have to soak off or do you think buff down and re apply the acrylic?
Too wet or too dry a mix ratio could contribute to cracking, but I seriously doubt that this is your problem. You can tell when your mix is off. the product is so hard to handle. Was this the case?
Imbalance is a more likely reason (NOT the cause of the breaks by itself, but a weak point if the nails are banged). Make sure your zone 2 is strong.

When 3 break as you describe it is trauma. The client did not leave you with 3 broken nails. Something had to happen to break them.

As far as repairing them. Etch the crack out (as you have been taught if you attended a CND foundation class) and reapply new product.

Thanks everyone!

Just a thought.............
L&P takes 24-48 to fully cure........... So if she bangs her nails during this time micro shattering can happen, little cracks that appear after curing time has finished......

To speed up the curing time , use solar oil to block out the oxygene.

Latest posts

Back