Crazy colour will NOT budge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Color removers are different from bleach washes. Bleach will break the color molecules, shattering them like shards of glass that can then get embedded into the hair and never coming out. Color removers gently shrink the artificial color molecules, allowing them to release from the hair with no damage. I will say Loreal's Effasol is my favorite color remover. Wella must offer a color remover option? Rusk's Elimin8 is also a good one. Color removers can be used over and over again without fear of damage.

I'm sure Wella probably do, but after 5 years in the same salon all I ever saw was the bleach bath method. Apart from when we had a training session with Sassoon, I'm almost 100% certain they used a colour remover on one of the models.
Of course I had heard of colour removers before but I was always a little anxious about trying it on my clients with it being something I was unfamiliar with. But at the same time I try to keep bleach as my last resort as I'm not very keen on it! Thank you for taking the time to reply to me :)

I'm sure Wella probably do, but after 5 years in the same salon all I ever saw was the bleach bath method. Apart from when we had a training session with Sassoon, I'm almost 100% certain they used a colour remover on one of the models.
Of course I had heard of colour removers before but I was always a little anxious about trying it on my clients with it being something I was unfamiliar with. But at the same time I try to keep bleach as my last resort as I'm not very keen on it! Thank you for taking the time to reply to me :)

Sassoon has a vitamin C colour remover which is amazing! Also white up ? Their bleach is great but it's white :( x

Color removers are different from bleach washes. Bleach will break the color molecules, shattering them like shards of glass that can then get embedded into the hair and never coming out. Color removers gently shrink the artificial color molecules, allowing them to release from the hair with no damage. I will say Loreal's Effasol is my favorite color remover. Wella must offer a color remover option? Rusk's Elimin8 is also a good one. Color removers can be used over and over again without fear of damage.

(Efassol is a bleach), I also learned that color removers/shrinkers like Rusk Elimin8 are for removing permanent tints only. Is this true anyone. :D

Sassoon has a vitamin C colour remover which is amazing! Also white up ? Their bleach is great but it's white :( x

Ahhhh yes white up was sooo good! Sadly I no longer work in salon and can't get a hold of the Sassoon range :( I love the wella colours but I miss having a little choice in what I use xx

(Efassol is a bleach), I also learned that color removers/shrinkers like Rusk Elimin8 are for removing permanent tints only. Is this true anyone. :D

Hmmm, Effasol did not act like a bleach back in the days I used it? Interesting to know! The info I know when it comes to removing color is this. Permanent is just easier to shrink/remove because permanent color uses stronger developers that lift the cuticle layer, therefor making it easier to lift the cuticle again for removal.

Latest posts

Back