Crazy colour will NOT budge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohmygorgeous

Reaction score
Guys I need some advise please. Posted a thread the other day about a client wanting to go orange and yellow from around a 5 with crazy colour violette slices

I bleach bathed with 10 vol to start to take out the bluey residual crazy coloyr and lift her hair gently.... Her tint lliftes great!!! The bleuy crazy colour would not move :( washed off the cleanse and applies bleach and 30vol in fouls on the crazy colour and even that wouldn't budge it!!!
Really not sure what else to do. Clients coming back in Monday so advise please guys xxx

Sorry about spelling my phone cuts the message in half and I can't see the majority of what I'm typing

What is the purple like now? What condition is the hair in?

It wasn't purple any longer she had faded it out in readiness for the colour change. It was almost turquoise and I swear all the bleach done was lift her other tint. No change on crazy colour. I gave it a good working in aswell!
Hair is still feeling pretty good. Have sent her home with a wee treatment but going to have another go on Monday.
I know I could go to 40vol but I really don't want to as even 30 did zero

I wouldn't use 12% personally, these type of colour corrections sometimes take 2 possibly 3 appointments!! If only we had a magic wand!

If hair ok to bleach again, bleach 6% 45mins lifting slowing! What beach are u using?

I just can't understand why a crazy colour wouldn't budge. I use Indola
rapid bleach. When I had it in fouls it was on with 30vol for 20mins and as it showed no change I washed off

Ah oops i forgot to add residual blue tones are really hard to bleach out of hair it just goes a minging green colour.
Best thing to do would have been to apply an orange/copper semi on those parts to try and neutralise the tone and make it easier to bleach out next time. Buuut seeing as you cant do that I might try and put the copper (but make it a bit more orange to counteract blue tones) over those bits of the hair and tell the client that by the time she comes in for a touch up if those bits need doing yellow it will be easier as the copper will have faded and hopefully taken the blue tones with it.
Does that make sense?

Ah oops i forgot to add residual blue tones are really hard to bleach out of hair it just goes a minging green colour.
Best thing to do would have been to apply an orange/copper semi on those parts to try and neutralise the tone and make it easier to bleach out next time. Buuut seeing as you cant do that I might try and put the copper (but make it a bit more orange to counteract blue tones) over those bits of the hair and tell the client that by the time she comes in for a touch up if those bits need doing yellow it will be easier as the copper will have faded and hopefully taken the blue tones with it.
Does that make sense?

Perfect sense! I'm crap with words! You could also strand test just to be safe or i was thinking majicontrast lift and tone??

That does Hun. Im so dissapointed it looked like it was almost gone I thought a wee 10 min bleach bath n we would be laughin

Guys I need some advise please. Posted a thread the other day about a client wanting to go orange and yellow from around a 5 with crazy colour violette slices

I bleach bathed with 10 vol to start to take out the bluey residual crazy coloyr and lift her hair gently.... Her tint lliftes great!!! The bleuy crazy colour would not move :( washed off the cleanse and applies bleach and 30vol in fouls on the crazy colour and even that wouldn't budge it!!!
Really not sure what else to do. Clients coming back in Monday so advise please guys xxx

The problem with using a bleach bath for removing color is that the bleach shatters the color molecule and can actually make it stick even more inside the hair shaft. You always want to use a proper color remover, they shrink the molecule down so that they slide back out of the hair easily. Does the crazy colours product have a special remover specific for them? If not, effasol, elimin8 from rusk, Goldwell color remover, are all great products for removing color. Goldwell Elumen also has their Return product that removes direct fashion dye.

I was just on a course and they were explaining that crazy colours etc are direct colours which are develop in the bottle that's why they aren't mixed with peroxide. But if they are cleanse with peroxide it redevelops them making them harder to budge. So she explained we should do a search using bleach and water to remove the tone. I know it's not going to solve anything for you know but I will definitely remember for future col corrections. Also she explained xxl had direct and indirect colour in it making it soo hard to remove.

The problem with using a bleach bath for removing color is that the bleach shatters the color molecule and can actually make it stick even more inside the hair shaft. You always want to use a proper color remover, they shrink the molecule down so that they slide back out of the hair easily. Does the crazy colours product have a special remover specific for them? If not, effasol, elimin8 from rusk, Goldwell color remover, are all great products for removing color. Goldwell Elumen also has their Return product that removes direct fashion dye.

Crazy colours are true semis, therefore the colour molecule doesn't enter the cortex...a colour remover wouldn't be effective in this situation.

To remove tone you shouldnt need an peroxide...I would use bleach and shampoo (clarifying) personally...even though 30 vol didn't budge it, you may find this works more effectively...but as stated above, some are really hard to budge and they stain the hair shaft too x

Crazy colours are true semis, therefore the colour molecule doesn't enter the cortex...a colour remover wouldn't be effective in this situation.

To remove tone you shouldnt need an peroxide...I would use bleach and shampoo (clarifying) personally...even though 30 vol didn't budge it, you may find this works more effectively...but as stated above, some are really hard to budge and they stain the hair shaft too x

I am used to Elumen from Goldwell. An acid based true semi. Bleach does not remove it, it simply turns it into a problem. It has to be removed with a specific remover. I have never worked with Crazy Colours, but I imagine they are similar. I tend to look for any option before bleach because it is just too caustic for use in all of these sort of situations.

I find with crazy colours you can get away with a lot more than your usual perm/quasis. For example, you use them to cancel eachother out just as you would regular dyes except its more like painting so its not as complex to understand.
E.g. If i had a client who had bleached hair with a faded red semi on top that was gingery and wanted to go purple I would just put it on top as the strong red tones in the purple would completely cover it.
If they wanted to go light blue I would say you cant do this straight away but put a dark vivid true blue on and tell them that as this fades it will turn light blue anyway (depending on the tone) but that next time they come back I would be able to apply a light blue as the orange tones would have been cancelled out and faded out with the dark blue. Topping up the colour after a week or so also helps to cancel out unwanted tones as crazy colours have a cumulative effect and get more vibrant/long lasting if applied in layers with continued use.
Because you can mix up your own shades you can adjust the underlying tones which means you dont have to use bleach baths as often.

It also depends on your base colour. if its dark and u go for liter shade, ur roots become very prominent...

Well i posted a post but just seen this now my friend had been doing crazy colour red for over 2 years 3 bleach baths and highlights and still pink it will not budge so she has just had to go brown :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi I have crazy color in my hair at the minute . red. Wanting to go to a mid chocolate brown. I am not a hair dresser by trade but I have always dyed my own hair. Any suggestions to the best plan of action

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hi I hope you don't mind me asking, how strong is the colour remover that you use? The salon I trained and worked in always used the bleach bath/strip method for removing unwanted or previous colours and tones but as you have pointed out and I have found in my experience the bleach can make the colour stick and obviously cause damage to the hair and I would prefer to use a colour remover when needed. I'm not familiar with Goldwell colour products, only Wella and Vidal Sassoon which is why I ask :)

Hi I have crazy color in my hair at the minute . red. Wanting to go to a mid chocolate brown. I am not a hair dresser by trade but I have always dyed my own hair. Any suggestions to the best plan of action

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Go to a Hairdresser...

Hi I hope you don't mind me asking, how strong is the colour remover that you use? The salon I trained and worked in always used the bleach bath/strip method for removing unwanted or previous colours and tones but as you have pointed out and I have found in my experience the bleach can make the colour stick and obviously cause damage to the hair and I would prefer to use a colour remover when needed. I'm not familiar with Goldwell colour products, only Wella and Vidal Sassoon which is why I ask :)

Color removers are different from bleach washes. Bleach will break the color molecules, shattering them like shards of glass that can then get embedded into the hair and never coming out. Color removers gently shrink the artificial color molecules, allowing them to release from the hair with no damage. I will say Loreal's Effasol is my favorite color remover. Wella must offer a color remover option? Rusk's Elimin8 is also a good one. Color removers can be used over and over again without fear of damage.

Latest posts

Back