Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a salon advertising £10 to colour your hair if you bring in a box dye! - CRINGE!

Set of acrylic enhancements - £7

Set of acrylic enhancements - £7

They are ALL £7per set where I live! Standard! £10 is considered expensive to be honest!!!!

I've seen 18" full head of bond hair extensions for £90!!

What the heck? The hair I supply costs £100-£120 alone! And that's without maintenance but because I live in a small area the clients go to the cheaper price. What they don't know is the hair will be terrible quality and they will have to be removed in a matter of weeks

I don't know how people do it! haha

I've seen 18" full head of bond hair extensions for £90!!

What the heck? The hair I supply costs £100-£120 alone! And that's without maintenance but because I live in a small area the clients go to the cheaper price. What they don't know is the hair will be terrible quality and they will have to be removed in a matter of weeks

I don't know how people do it! haha

Racoon always used to be a popular and respected quality brand of hair extension.... the problem is these days trying to get the customer to pay a few hundred pound for application as well as the hair! Very difficult. I do brand my own clip in hair extensions which are proving to be very popular...170g for 18 inch, 100% Remy and double weft for £90.

I had a client in for eyebrow threading and she told me she had trained in "gel Polish" and that her prices were a lot better than mine... She uses blue sky and charges her clients £5 a set as it's not her career choice to paint nails like mine. Rather miffed she thinks all I do is paint nails when she came in to have her eyebrows threaded.

Leely x

"CND Shellac" for $10 AUS which equates to about 5.80 pounds :|

Forgot to mention the 'easy at home shellac removal' consists of buying 100% pure acetone from the hardware store, soak em for a bit, then scrape it all off with a cuticle stick and buff. Lovely!! :Scared:

Forgot to mention the 'easy at home shellac removal' consists of buying 100% pure acetone from the hardware store, soak em for a bit, then scrape it all off with a cuticle stick and buff. Lovely!! :Scared:

Ha ha that's not too far away from how it's done anyway is it? .plus CND have a home removal kit...what do you expect. It wont be too long before Shellac is sold to the public...it always happens!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I just seen an ad for full spray tan, shellac nails & make -up for £30??????

ahhh thats a bit mental isnt it? wheres the profit in that?

whats the craziest pricing you've seen?

Why would anyone want a spray tan AND makeup anyway? Or am I missing something?

It's to proper removal as apples are to bananas! Jeez.

HARDWARE acetone? :/ Soaking? :/ Scraping? :/

I've just had a leaflet through for my local salon offering Shellac. But then in brackets and very small writing lists an unheard of brand!! Shellac is a brand!! They have Shellac signs up in the window so non professionals would presume that's what they are getting!! Grr

Ha ha that's not too far away from how it's done anyway is it? .plus CND have a home removal kit...what do you expect. It wont be too long before Shellac is sold to the public...it always happens!

Not quite the right way to do it!

The salon I used to work in is doing extensions for £175, might not sound like a ridiculous price but the hair must be crap and iv never heard of a salon to do them so cheap! X

£10 shellac mani! £15 for fingers and toes!!!! Whyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! And she's using proper CND shellac too!!!

£10 shellac mani! £15 for fingers and toes!!!! Whyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! And she's using proper CND shellac too!!!

......because she can!....could be a hobby, could be uninsured (as most geeks will say)....could be crap at what she does.....then you go into the realms of "how can you charge this as a business, cheap prices attract cheap customers.....etc etc"......I put my money on "hobby" probably with insurance...!!

Hmm I think we should remember what this thread is about and keep it on the subject, don't you think? ;)

Hmm I think we should remember what this thread is about and keep it on the subject, don't you think? ;)

Have you read the last 64 pages?

Have you read the last 64 pages?

Why yes I have! I believe we're talking about crazy prices, the worst we've seen! And not whether they are doing it as a hobby, or uninsured. It's actually all about silly prices :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back