Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all these places advertisng brands such as shellac and not actually using them can you not report them to trading standards for false advertising of treatments?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

With all these places advertisng brands such as shellac and not actually using them can you not report them to trading standards for false advertising of treatments?

Would you spend a few months wasting your time on this? I certainly wouldn't. ...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Would you spend a few months wasting your time on this? I certainly wouldn't. ...

Yes I would, if it was in my area. I would without a doubt!

I had a possible new client text me asking about acrylic and prices. I quoted them the starting prices and was asked if I offered any student discount. Said no I offered discount to MOD staff. They then went on to ask if I would do a complete set of acrylic with gelish for £25. They then said for 2 of them. When I said no as I had set prices. I was then informed they were looking for cheaper anyway.
Good luck finding 2 sets of acrylic nails under £25 lol x

Pointless. . You would never be able to keep up with them all even in your area .there are so many salons - the ones you see and the ones that you don't, mobile ones, ones that work from home, ones that charge silly prices that treat it as a hobby, opportunist ones. .. .... ... by the time you've dealt reporting one there are another three new ones to replace it!
focus on your business not everyone else's is my advice. You will never change it. ..the industry needs government intervention with standards and policies which I doubt you'll get regardless.

Lol if only I had the time to even think about calling trading standards....

And really they probably wouldn't do anything as shellac on its own isn't trademarked by cnd and it doesn't state cnd shellac.

I can honestly say trying to sort out the whole issue is like hitting your head against a brick wall. The only people that care are us and we are in the minority compared to the masses of public. All we can do is feel sorry for the poor clients who know no better x

[QUOTE=Nails

Is that not illegal? Health and safety etc

Surrey Girl through and through x

Nails Is that not illegal? Health and safety etc Surrey Girl through and through x[/quote said:
There's no laws to govern it so no it isn't illegal x

Some CRAZY ones i have seen today...
One full body spray £8 or 2 for £12
Individual lashes £10
cluster lashes for £5
Shellac for £6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm all for 'offers and discounts' but these prices are diabolical! Crazy!!!!!

You said it. It's a joke that this industry isn't regulated. If it was I don't think there would be such a thread as this.

Laura x

It's not just the products that need regulating it's the opportunist therapists that need regulating more so...the entrance qualifications need to be higher and harder so not every tom, dick and harry can feel the need to think......"Hmmm what can I do today?? oh I know....spend my unemployment benefit on a day course and tomorrow I'll be a qualified beautician" ....then I'll ask Salon Geek to tell me what equipment I need, how to answer the phone and maybe they'll help me understand how to make a cup of tea......I'm not sure why I have not got any customers....oh hold on ....Shellac £3.50 ..that'll do I'll get some really good clients now!! (I can't help the sarcasm - it comes naturally!)

On my facebook page today:

Acrylic plain nails £10
Acrylic with gel polish £15

And.... its a geek because the only reason they come up on my facebook page is because I "Liked" their page in another thread.

How can you do acrylics for £10 and then effectively gel polish for £5???????? How long does this take? How much are you earning per hour? Madness.

The fact that these people are begging for business on Facebook tells me that the clients just ain't coming!

On my facebook page today:

Acrylic plain nails £10
Acrylic with gel polish £15

And.... its a geek because the only reason they come up on my facebook page is because I "Liked" their page in another thread.

How can you do acrylics for £10 and then effectively gel polish for £5???????? How long does this take? How much are you earning per hour? Madness.

The fact that these people are begging for business on Facebook tells me that the clients just ain't coming!

Is it hobby based though? quite a few are, not everyone has to earn a living - this sometimes is where it fails. However that is certainly not to say this isn't a business!!!

Is it hobby based though? quite a few are, not everyone has to earn a living - this sometimes is where it fails. However that is certainly not to say this isn't a business!!!

Can't really be a hobby if you advertising all the time for business can it?

Actually, I've just checked via google maps and its a salon.

Can't really be a hobby if you advertising all the time for business can it?

Actually, I've just checked via google maps and its a salon.

Unfortunately it is becoming more and more common these days.

Ive just seen on fb £15 for sculpted acrylic nails no matter what nail art u want, £3 for a brow wax and £8 for hd brows!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Ahh! Its so annoying hobby or not people r out there trying to make a living and these people doing it just for fun are making it harser for people who actually need to make something to get clients. No matter what way u look at it people go for the bargains.

Acrylic nails £10
Infills £3
Mani/pedi £5

:o

this is on facebook, and the pictures displayed are shocking, cuticles flooded, huge tips slapped on half way down the nail bed, really thick with product and then polished over down to the knuckles near enough.

Yet loads of enquires. The mind boggles!

£10 shellac and if u add an eyebrow shape £12.....wow! Oh well believe in yourself and like most people have said,these people short cutting themselves never last.

At min I only charge £15 for acrylics as I am still training and waiting for my full certificate to come through. I know this is to low but at moment I am only doing friends and family

What is a reasonable price to do once fully qualified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back