Crazy pricing - what's worst you've seen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my work ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381087239.551585.jpg friends wedding nails

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381087318.051835.jpgmy mams

Full body spray tan in Facebook £7!
And one guy has even been offering my clients free spray tans! I mean it really can't be good if you've got to give it away! Lucky for me my clients have common sense not to take up on it

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

At min I only charge £15 for acrylics as I am still training and waiting for my full certificate to come through. I know this is to low but at moment I am only doing friends and family

What is a reasonable price to do once fully qualified

I charge £30 x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Gelish fingers & toes, eyebrow tint & shape, and a spray tan for £25!

BUT HOLD THE PHONE PEOPLE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN £38!

Just seen Gelish hands and feet £20! £10 each! X and this was a status written straight after I had written a status with my prices! Nothing like a bit of healthy competition!

I've just seen on my fb page on the local businesses page someone advertising CND Shellac for £12.50!

She's mobile and the pictures she's put up are holding a bottle of some gel polish! So where's the CND Shellac she's supposed to be using??!!

I charge £30 x

Are you mobile?

I was gonna put it up to £20 for just plain or white tips and £25 for glitters I am not confident in doing gels yet so I am not even offering them until I get decent polish such as shellac ect would u charge people a small fee if they say 'you can practice on me' I never know what to do as I still need to buy stuff and use my petrol

In my district:

Individual Silk Lashes From £20
Eye Lash Tint & Brow Tint £10
HD Brows £10 (Really? Even my own brow treatment (not HD) is more than that!)

And another lasher near me is offering EXPRESS lashes at a normal price but saying that they "last weeks and weeks"! :s

No wonder I'm struggling to get more business!

Last edited:
A salon across the road from where I am working offers eyelash extensions at £130. Would people really pay this much? I don't currently offer them (have my training on Saturday) so I am unsure of prices, this seems a bit high. when the Infills are £35.

Leely x

A salon across the road from where I am working offers eyelash extensions at £130. Would people really pay this much? I don't currently offer them (have my training on Saturday) so I am unsure of prices, this seems a bit high. when the Infills are £35.

Leely x

first lashes I had (Extreme lashes in 2009) were £180.00. Infills started at £70.
I was treated in a warm room with a magnifying light over me for 2.5 hrs, I was soaked in sweat and very uncomfortable.
they have now dropped their prices to £130, infills start at £35.

I now go elsewhere and have Lash Perfect, they charge £60 for a full set and infills start at £20 for 30 mins.
I much prefer the look of them and they last longer. x

Gelish fingers & toes, eyebrow tint & shape, and a spray tan for £25!

BUT HOLD THE PHONE PEOPLE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN £38!

Hahahaha

Full body massage for £15. :O eye rolling

first lashes I had (Extreme lashes in 2009) were £180.00. Infills started at £70.
I was treated in a warm room with a magnifying light over me for 2.5 hrs, I was soaked in sweat and very uncomfortable.
they have now dropped their prices to £130, infills start at £35.

I now go elsewhere and have Lash Perfect, they charge £60 for a full set and infills start at £20 for 30 mins.
I much prefer the look of them and they last longer. x

That's what they call them "extreme" lol x

Leely x

Hubby just pointed out an advert locally...it doesn't give prices but actually says "therapist wanting cash in hand work" I really hope the tax man and local trading standards call her 😡😡😡

There is a girl near me who works from home, she charges £9 for acrylic nails, £10-£14 for gelish design, £6 for gelish £8 for spray tans.

I don't get it, If I charged that I would never make anything. She uses NSI products for her nail extensions so do I btu no way could I charge £9 for acrylic nails !!

Some people are crazy !

At min I only charge £15 for acrylics as I am still training and waiting for my full certificate to come through. I know this is to low but at moment I am only doing friends and family

What is a reasonable price to do once fully qualified

Find out service cost. What product do you use? Private message me if you wish, I was shown last night the proper way! Trust me I am glad I asked now.

Seen this morning- Eyebrow threading £2.50! What a joke!

Find out service cost. What product do you use? Private message me if you wish, I was shown last night the proper way! Trust me I am glad I asked now.

Messaged :)

Mobile spray tan for £8 - suntana

Really?

I had a lady call the other day and ask threading, booked in and asked the price, when I told her she said "it's only £3 in the precinct!" And decided not to come. More fool her, the shopping precinct smells of public toilets, you are on full public display having you facial hair removed and I don't see any hand wash facilities... Yummy! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back