Creative but not......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, some of you are far too trusting! Yes this is V bad but don't waste your time worrying about another salon when you could be putting that effort into your work using your superior products. Surely clients will know the difference when they see the results you produce compared to this other salon.

Stevie

Ok so I had a woman in for her nails yesterday, who used to work in another salon in town. When she saw my Creative products on the desk, she asked if I actually used Creative.

I gave her a bit of a funny look and said well of course I do, thats why all my products say Creative. She then told me that the salon she used to work for , just refills all his Creative pots and bottles, with cheaper replacements!!!!! AND they actually advertises that he uses Creative!

I was in shock! It isnt an nss salon, although they does tell clients 'no pain no gain!'when they come out with rings of fire and savaged cuticles.

Im sooooo mad!!! When people like myself pay for products that people know and want to have and others lie!!

(Thanks for listening to my rant)

Lisa xx

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest tbh.
Probably loads of salons do it.
They just don't admit to it.

when i did a placement when in coll the owner had a wax system induvidually applicant eg bikini arm and she had me refill each one with a cheaper wax oh
u normally buy from cash and carry in packs all sizes cant remember watthe system was called then i had to clean them so they look new then 3days in she sent me to bank with 2 weeks takings i told coll head of department and she went mad rung the shop and told her i wont be back:hug:i banked the money had a peek of paying in book and nearly fainted when i realised how much was there

This doesn't surprise me,
However it does P me right off !

For most of the reasons already mentioned...
and I would say this is a NSS ...
It is NOT standard practice to decant one product into a differently labeled container,

I could put my coffee in a tea container and offer client coffee, but give them tea !!!
same isnt it ....its still a drink !!!
well obviously NO it isnt the same,
Just as all nail products are NOT the same,
They do a similar job...but they are all different,
It is misleading to advertise you are using or giving something, when you are not.

Yep allergies are one reason, although the possibility of this happening are small..but it is still a possibility !

I wouldnt say that doing this would give CND a bad name as such,
But I have in the past had a client say to me they dont like NSI as a previous technician had used it on them, and they had lots of problems...
I explained I had been using it for a while with no problems etc....
I used it...wayyheyy as expected...NO PROBLEMS !!!

So yes clients DO notice the brands...but they only THINK they know all about it..

They have no idea of product chemistry etc.....

So it is up to US as individuals pulling together to stay on top all of the time,
and keep the standard high ,

some of the salons in my town use other products and put them in opi pots, and one of the salons actually asked a client to go to sallys in the town and get her some product that sally does, then poured it into her opi pots - the clients still go to her, cos she makes sure they book in for an infill and if they dont show, she rings, texts etc and tells them if they dont show they will be charged - i dont understand the clients, if you gonna get charged for not going back, how the hell can she charge you

Latest posts

Back