Creative but not......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkies101

Reaction score
Ok so I had a woman in for her nails yesterday, who used to work in another salon in town. When she saw my Creative products on the desk, she asked if I actually used Creative.

I gave her a bit of a funny look and said well of course I do, thats why all my products say Creative. She then told me that the salon she used to work for , just refills all his Creative pots and bottles, with cheaper replacements!!!!! AND they actually advertises that he uses Creative!

I was in shock! It isnt an nss salon, although they does tell clients 'no pain no gain!'when they come out with rings of fire and savaged cuticles.

Im sooooo mad!!! When people like myself pay for products that people know and want to have and others lie!!

(Thanks for listening to my rant)

Lisa xx

i think that is unbelievable, to be tricked in buying what you think is one product but are really buying something cheaper.

im speechless:smack:

kelly

I once (ver briefly!) that worked in a salon that used wella bottles to shampoo clients, but they used to buy cheap home brand stuff and decant it into the wella shampoo and conditioner bottles! Not nss either, but well respected!

I think it's quite possibly illegal aswell.... to say that you're selling / using something when you're not. Especially if the clients believe him and are going there for that reason.

Someone should perhaps quote the Trade Description act to them.

Also, if the products aren't that good..... it's giving Creative a bad name.

Last edited:

I was in shock! It isnt an nss salon, although they does tell clients 'no pain no gain!'when they come out with rings of fire and savaged cuticles.

Im sooooo mad!!! When people like myself pay for products that people know and want to have and others lie!!

(Thanks for listening to my rant)

Lisa xx

To me that actually does make them a NSS! Especially if they are saying that they substitute CND products for cheaper ones.

To me that actually does make them a NSS! Especially if they are saying that they substitute CND products for cheaper ones.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Yep i do agree i meant that i suppose they arent your 'standard' nss if that makes any sence!

OMG!! Thats TERRIBLE!! I cant beleive that!

I really don't think anyone could give Creative a bad name ... people find out these things and it gives the salon a bad name.

Many peeps use CND posters to encourage people to think they use CND and, yes, fill up CND pots with something else ... shows how much they value the brand image but it is really naughty.

There are ROGUES in every business ... nails has its fair share of them for sure. Can I be bothered by them ??? NO. Not worth the energy .. I can use it better on other things.

I really don't think anyone could give Creative a bad name ... people find out these things and it gives the salon a bad name.
I disagree with this comment Gigi because if a client thinks that a Creative product is being used on them and then they get problems due to it being a cheaper brand They will then comment to others saying how bad Creative products are iykwim
Many peeps use CND posters to encourage people to think they use CND and, yes, fill up CND pots with something else ... shows how much they value the brand image but it is really naughty.
This happens in every trade I even know a pub that sell pepsi but infact its cheap rola cola in the pumps.....Why cant trading standards do more checks :irked:
There are ROGUES in every business ... nails has its fair share of them for sure. Can I be bothered by them ??? NO. Not worth the energy .. I can use it better on other things.

To be honest it does bother me because I am doing a decent job and using the best produts while some rogue as had no training and is using cheap **** and passing it off as the best :rolleyes:

Its yet again another VERY frustrating situation to find ourselves in when this happens.

Would Trading Standards be interested? I dunno thats why I ask (not had great personal experience with them in the past)

Until we are licensed it wont stop x

Dont know have thought about getting in contact with them wouldnt know how to go about it though, or if it would be worthwhile xx

To be honest it does bother me because I am doing a decent job and using the best produts while some rogue as had no training and is using cheap **** and passing it off as the best :rolleyes:

Most clients who go into that type of salon haven't got a clue what is being used on them.

This practise has been going on for years .. nothing new ... it hasn't given CND or anyone else a bad name. It just reflects badly on nails as a whole which does none of us any good.

It is up to we who care to give our profession the highest professional profile we can and then the rogues will stand out like a sore thumb from those that are really good at the job.

I once (ver briefly!) that worked in a salon that used wella bottles to shampoo clients, but they used to buy cheap home brand stuff and decant it into the wella shampoo and conditioner bottles! Not nss either, but well respected!

This is just as shocking as using creative products when they are not.......your giving the customer the wrong impression because they might go out and buy this shampoo.....and its not the one.....

People are paying for creative and not getting it......false advertising IMO.....its like , buying a telly on sale and when you pay for it its not....:eek:....shocking xxxxxxxx

This is just as shocking as using creative products when they are not.......your giving the customer the wrong impression because they might go out and buy this shampoo.....and its not the one.....

People are paying for creative and not getting it......false advertising IMO.....its like , buying a telly on sale and when you pay for it its not....:eek:....shocking xxxxxxxx

But you guys, people do this kind of trick all the time .. why so shocked to find it is being done in our trade??

SOME Pubs water down spirits
SOME Cars get their clocks turned back
SOME hairdressers decant cheap stuff into expensive bottles
SOME builders do botch jobs.
SOME plumbers use inferior goods
SOME washing machine repairers put in old parts instead of new

Surely we're not so innocent as to think it doen't go on in our business?

But you guys, people do this kind of trick all the time .. why so shocked to find it is being done in our trade??

SOME Pubs water down spirits
SOME Cars get their clocks turned back
SOME hairdressers decant cheap stuff into expensive bottles
SOME builders do botch jobs.
SOME plumbers use inferior goods
SOME washing machine repairers put in old parts instead of new

Surely we're not so innocent as to think it doen't go on in our business?

But i thought most people were like us....HONEST!!!!....

I personally think it would be naive to think this doesn't go on in our industry.
It is as Geeg said Pubs and other industries do it it is just a part of any business people wanting to advertise the best products but not the expense of buying them.:irked:

Dont get me wrong I do not advocate this practise and would never ever considerate myself :hug:

I wish ... but sadly NOT. Shame isn't it?

That is a shame....call me silly but i thought people were honest especially when it comes to beauty and nails as you have to be careful.....example:infection's.....allergy's...etc...

I know some people are not honest...i have watched rogue trader's !!!!.....but when people pay for a product ....that is what they should get....it just makes our Job's harder as we have to show our clients what they are paying for ....xx

Latest posts

Back