Creative Foundation Courses L&P or Gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrudyB

Reaction score
Hi to everyone on the Nail Geek. I'm a lurking Geek who has not had the confidence to post before, 'cos I'm old and doing nails is a big career change for me. Firstly may I say a big thank you to all of you out there who have made it possible for me to even think about doing this. The wealth of knowledge you have given me has guided me this far and after meeting Mandy (Rachel says hi!) and Sassy Hassy at Excel, I feel it's time to be brave!

I've just received dates for Creative courses but I can't decide which foundation course would be the best to do. I was going to go with Brisa gel but am wondering if I'd be better to start with L&P Retention? The only thing that puts me off L&P is the smell. I will be starting off mobile and maybe doing some at home. I'm hoping to give up my part-time job to do nails full-time. I'd be grateful for any advice. :confused:

TrudyB

Hi matey and a BIG welcome to the site:hug:

Have you ever worn enhancements yourself?

I would probably put a plea out to a fellow local tech to maybe have a demo of each system and see which you prefer.

If the smell is an issue ....why not go with BRISA ..you can always convert over to l+p after this if you want to.

Good luck either way - you've taken a BIG STEP in the RIGHT direction on the training front - creatives training is second to none!

AMb x

someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure the foundation course is now run over 6 days with the option of doing the brisa induction on the 6th day, I'm sure samantha said this in a thread a while back.

sandi where's the link???? lol

someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure the foundation course is now run over 6 days with the option of doing the brisa induction on the 6th day, I'm sure samantha said this in a thread a while back.

sandi where's the link???? lol

Yes she did.

There is no actual Brisa Foundation anymore....but a Brisa Induction/Conversion is going to be included in the L&P Foundation adding on a 6th Day.

I always think L&P is the best system to go for in your foundation anyway as it can be the most difficult to master. IMHO.

Hi to everyone on the Nail Geek. I'm a lurking Geek who has not had the confidence to post before, 'cos I'm old and doing nails is a big career change for me. Firstly may I say a big thank you to all of you out there who have made it possible for me to even think about doing this. The wealth of knowledge you have given me has guided me this far and after meeting Mandy (Rachel says hi!) and Sassy Hassy at Excel, I feel it's time to be brave!

I've just received dates for Creative courses but I can't decide which foundation course would be the best to do. I was going to go with Brisa gel but am wondering if I'd be better to start with L&P Retention? The only thing that puts me off L&P is the smell. I will be starting off mobile and maybe doing some at home. I'm hoping to give up my part-time job to do nails full-time. I'd be grateful for any advice. :confused:

TrudyB

Hi Tudy and welcome.
I am hoping I can make this very easy for you. Because L+P is the prefered course to 99% of our customers we have decided to stop FDFC in Gel unless it is 1-2-1 or we get at least 6 people all at the same time wishing to do it.

What we are offering is the following: Pay for the Five Day Foundation Course and get the 1 day Gel Induction for £199.99 which includes the lamp and kit. You do not need to do this immediately after your L+P course. You can wait and get comfortable with one system and book yoour Brisa Gel Inudction later when you feel ready.

The £199.99 is a lesser price than if you bought these products seperately in the OSNS (I think a difference of £40.00 off the top of my head).

We have had great feedback from this so far knowing that you have it all paid for but are under immediate pressure to do it immediately before you are comfortable with L+P!

Hope this helps!

The £199.99 is a lesser price than if you bought these products seperately in the OSNS (I think a difference of £40.00 off the top of my head).

Just a question - is this available to people who have already done their L&P foundation, or would this need to be treated as a conversion?

Sorry for Hi-Jack Trudy - and welcome to the site :hug:

Thanks for that. There is a paper inside the brochure saying that "our Education programme is currently undergoing a few changes....and the contents of the brochure may have changed". I'll send off my booking form for L&P (this is what my daughter has on her nails and most of her friends, Creative of course!), and perhaps they will let me know about this. What you suggest sounds a very good idea, especially if I don't have to do the Brisa straight away.

Trudy

Does anyone know if this is the same in Scotland? I havent been offered this option and I just booked my course last week.:cry:

Just a question - is this available to people who have already done their L&P foundation, or would this need to be treated as a conversion?

Sorry for Hi-Jack Trudy - and welcome to the site :hug:
This is for people booking an FDFC right now; they are given the option to make the Five Day FC into a six day with Brisa! If you have completed the FDFC already, you would do what is called the Brisa Induction which is a conversion and exactly what the the FDFC students will do!

Does anyone know if this is the same in Scotland? I havent been offered this option and I just booked my course last week.:cry:

Scotland have always run their course differently. Their price stucture and course content is the same but they have always done things in a Scottish way. Please call Lorraine McDougall at the C.N.A. Scotland if you have any queries.

Latest posts

Back