Creative on E-bay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artymarty

Young at heart geek
Reaction score
I have just noticed that somebody is selling tabards on E-bay, one white and one black, with the Creative logo on the front. So it would seem anybody can PRETEND to be Creative trained!! I'm not yet, but wouldn't even consider bidding for one of the tabards. I know there's always Creative acrylic powders, gels etc for sale on E-bay, but again I wouldn't consider it until I'm Creative trained. Shouldn't be allowed!!

:mad:

This is something you are never going to stop unfortunately. Their was a thread on this recently, where people got really annoyed about how people get hold of creative stuff. Alot of it you don't have to be Creative trained to buy it, only the L&P, so if you can get hold of it, you can't stop people selling it on Ebay.

Annoying i know.

I think CND only refuse to sell L&P to non-CND trained techs, so I can't see the problem with the tabards on Ebay - there's all sorts of stuff there including brushes, solar oil, enamels etc, and I'm sure many CND trained nail techs have picked up a bargain or two there, I certainly have. If someone is determined to 'pretend' to be a CDN nail tech, then they'll do it one way or the other. Anyone, even member's of the public, can buy the whole kit and kaboodle (just luv that saying!) at the shows if they so wish. I happened to be standing close to a couple of women at the CND stand at GMEX last year who were congratulating each other on being able to buy their supplies in bulk, enough to last till the next show, despite not being trained by CND. It happens, and there's not much one can do about it.

I don't believe in 'just anyone' being allowed to buy the L&P, far too many cowboys out there, but a tabard is just the same as someone using other Creative products that are available to other nail techs, and if clients are stupid enough to believe they are being serviced by a CND nail tech just because of a tabard and a bottle of solar oil on the table- then they deserve a big case of greenies! ;) I remember someone on here asking for empty CND powder containers - now, I don't remember much fuss being made of that, but to me it sounded like someone wanted the empty pots to put their own powders in, especially as from previous posts of theirs it appeared they weren't trained by CND! Just thought I'd throw that littel snippet in! :twisted:

I would imagine the only people who might have concerns about the sale of these tabards would be CND/DN if the person selling them on Ebay was doing so in a large amount and undercutting their prices, but if it's a CND trained nail tech who bought them legitimately and who no longer wants them - why not?

Why should anyone want to particularly buy CND tabbards if they were not trained by CND anyway? Surely CND aren't the only nail company who train nail technicians, some people have never heard of CND. I wouldn't want to buy something totally unrelated to what I do, eg Star Nails tabbard if there is such a thing if I was trained by NSI for instance.

Perhaps this person has given up and only knows about ebay to sell the items on. If I saw a CND item on ebay I'd bid on it especially if its a bargain.

Deb379

i have also seen the CND items on ebay, i looked at the tabards are these genuine as i have never seen them in the creative shop?! only t-shirts or fleeces... the liquids and powders on ebay are going for twice as much as they are in the shop i once saw the perfect pink powder the smallest one that costs about £8 in the shop...it was on ebay for £17 ! which idiots are paying so much for the stuff? why not do the conversion course and get a kit then buy as much as they want??? they must all be loaded.

anyways i enjoyed my course and love going in the shop ....!
thanks to all at designer nails leeds.

Kat xxx

I had a look at e-bay and they are definitely more expensive especially when you add post and packing. I was going to put in an order at Ellisons for solar stuff and I think it is cheaper to buy from them than ebay. Plus you have to wait quite a long time to get them. I've phoned the Creative nails number several times for the price list they never send it. They did send me the training course details though which looks interesting. Does anyone know are there more products in the creative brochure than in Ellisons? If so, I'll have another go to get one.

Ring them once more & explain firmly but nicely cos they are all dead polite that it's the price list you need. I needed to do the same & eventually ended up with 3!!!!!!!!
If you want to order from them you will need to send or fax your certificate to them & they will set you up a secondary account which allows you to buy anything other than L&P. When I faxed mine they rang me back within the hour, well efficient. Also you get a password which will let you view products & prices fully online though you cannot order online to my knowledge.
They do have some different stuff in their brochure as opposed to Ellisons but the prices are both the same. HTH

Sonia

i rung them a few weeks ago and sent my certificates to them and got all my account number and catalogue the next day. they were so helpful

i ordered some things that were out of stock so couldnt order them and alovely lady named debbie rang me to tell me they were back in if i would like to order them without paying postage. I have to say i have delt with alot of companies over the years we have 2 businesses and i can honestly say i have never dealt with anyone so polite well mannered and helpful the girl i spoke to is a credit to the company.
as soon as i can get enough time away i am going to do the cnd course as the company seems to me to be in a class on its own

Now all this jacks me off a little. I like Creative - hell I use their products - but I don't agree that you can't buy their L+P just because you haven't trained with them. (Note please that I do agree that you should have to prove that you are trained before you can buy professional products)

It's convenient that many already-competent techs who have trained with other companies have to pay to re-train or 'convert' to Creative just to buy their L&P. I mean the stuff is no more dangerous than any other L&P so safety isn't the issue. I'll no doubt get shouted down by everyone on this but it sounds like a pretty good money-making scheme to me.

As for doing down the company name - you can buy all the advertising products (fleeces etc) as well as the rest of their stuff - just, not the L&P. Isn't that the wrong way around??? Wos goin on there??!

Will wait for the abuse hurling to begin....

Looby:rolleyes:

Hi Looby,

I hope you don't get shouted at too much for this but Mui has done this one to death LOL.

It is only a stipulation in the UK to have to be CND trained in order to buy L&P as there is no licensing etc over here. They want to protect the brand and its tech's reputation - you don't want someone who has done a 5 minute "nails by butcher" course using our valued products LOL.

As to the money making exercise - you basically pay for the kit of products and get the training free.

I don't know what it is like in Oz.

annalooby said:
Now all this jacks me off a little. I like Creative - hell I use their products - but I don't agree that you can't buy their L+P just because you haven't trained with them. (Note please that I do agree that you should have to prove that you are trained before you can buy professional products)

It's convenient that many already-competent techs who have trained with other companies have to pay to re-train or 'convert' to Creative just to buy their L&P. I mean the stuff is no more dangerous than any other L&P so safety isn't the issue. I'll no doubt get shouted down by everyone on this but it sounds like a pretty good money-making scheme to me.

As for doing down the company name - you can buy all the advertising products (fleeces etc) as well as the rest of their stuff - just, not the L&P. Isn't that the wrong way around??? Wos goin on there??!

Will wait for the abuse hurling to begin....

Looby:rolleyes:

Looby sawasdee ka

Its easy if you do not have anyone to give you the conversion in Australia you get an aroplane to England it is only about 25000 km :) .

Creative have no education or foundation or conversion course in my country they do not want or need us we do not want or need them .

Every body is happy :)

Mui from the land of smiles .

Am I not right in saying that the exhibition at the Docklands in September is open to the public, so doesn't this mean anyone can buy the products?

Deb379

Latest posts

Back