Creative or 16 week VTCT at local college?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natty800

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to get some opinions as I'm a bit confused. Never done nails before but think I would love learning. First post on this brilliant website by the way!
I'm thinking of doing the Creative foundation course but also applied a few weeks ago for a VTCT in Nail Treatments at my local college. I have pretty much decided I want to eventually work with Creative especially the gel. But my question is..how come it takes 16 weeks (3 hours in the evening) to learn Nail Treatments, which is apparantly the bit I have to learn before I do a Nail Technician course - and yet it would only take a few days to do the private courses such as Creative, IBD etc? Do you think I should do this VTCT course at college as well as the Creative foundation or is this 5 day foundation really enough to get started (I think its only 3 days for an IBD foundation in gel)?
Just seems a big difference in the amount of time it takes ie. the private courses are really short so makes me wonder if I would be missing out on a lot if I just do the Creative or IBD foundation. Got to make a decision soon :confused:
Any thoughts much appreciated x

Last edited:
Hi, ive completed the vtct level 2 course ready to go onto my level 3, the course i did was 3 hours a week and took a year but it covered fibrelgass/silk, manicure and pedicure and nail art, level 3 covers acrylic, gel, sculpts and 3d nails art, i have chosen to go with creative also but i am going to do the college course then do a creativer 1 days coversion course, personally i feel id have more time to practice doing cothe college course and it covers everything i want to do, whereas i would have to do the creative foundation for acrylic then the gel course then also go onto to do a 3d nail art course, just my opinion but there is a thread on here somewhere thats covers all types of courses i think its down to personal choice,

I have not done a college course but have done the Creative 5 day foundation course.

The classes are very small - no more than 8
The 5 days are spread out - 3 days consecutively and 1 day 2weeks later then a final day a month after that.
You need to buy or hire a trainer hand and you work on this at home in between classroom days.
You are taught everything you need to know in the class, given clear written material and if you have any problems in between classes your educator is always available to give you advice.
The Creative products are excellent

All educators are trained to Grand Master level and chosen for their people skills. HTH

I'd highly recommend it

I have not done a college course but have done the Creative 5 day foundation course.

The classes are very small - no more than 8
The 5 days are spread out - 3 days consecutively and 1 day 2weeks later then a final day a month after that.
You need to buy or hire a trainer hand and you work on this at home in between classroom days.
You are taught everything you need to know in the class, given clear written material and if you have any problems in between classes your educator is always available to give you advice.
The Creative products are excellent

All educators are trained to Grand Master level and chosen for their people skills. HTH

I'd highly recommend it

Creative Ambassadors are also chosen for their training skills, knowledge and technical skill!! lol

CND Foundation classes are something you build on slowly so in that way do not differ from longer courses.
To take all the CND training will take you a year at least.
So don't be fooled.
The CND Foundation course is just the beginning of your learning experience not the total of it..

I did the VTCT as a start and went on to train further with EzFlow because my college training really wasn't so good in enhancements. But VTCT changes so much from college to college....it's hard to say whether the college you choose is good or not.
Cut out the middle man love... and just do some private training if you can.
I'm not saying all VTCTs aren't up to scratch but some just aren't.

CND foundation is only a few days BUT ..... Its very intense & the hours in practice far outweigh the 5 days ....

Its a fantastic training course & I learnt more than some college students who have completed 1-2 years ..

With my foundation, brisa, spa mani & pedi courses, I have set myself up & have been doing very well....

If you put in the effort you will do well ... During my course I spent hours practicing into the small hours every night...

I would highly recommend.

CND foundation is only a few days BUT ..... Its very intense & the hours in practice far outweigh the 5 days ....

Its a fantastic training course & I learnt more than some college students who have completed 1-2 years ..

With my foundation, brisa, spa mani & pedi courses, I have set myself up & have been doing very well....

If you put in the effort you will do well ... During my course I spent hours practicing into the small hours every night...

I would highly recommend.

And it has o be remembered, that the initial 5 days is just the start (the foundation) of the education to come. To do all the Creative training takes approximately a year to complete if you keep up to it. At the end you will be fully qualified, doing expert work and in 2 systems plus manicure and pedicure. Creative training will take you all the way and it is continuous.

The EVENT in Manchester in October is an example of that Creative continuing education. People say, "will I learn anything new?" Hello!!
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/...ticket-going-event-weve-all-been-waiting.html

Latest posts

Back