Creative polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemmonie

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Just a quickie, I have 30 creative polishes and some of them have gone a bit gloopy/sticky.
What can i use to thin them out a bit?

Thanks
Melanie

If they're already goopy, why not try it!
If they're bad, you can't make it any worse.

Kathleen
My Nails Rock!
My Nails Rock!

I don't believe it advised to add any form of thinners to Creative Enamels. I'm surprised they've gone gloopy....mine never do, as they are designed to be thixotropic...ie not to change in viscosity over time. How do you store them?

You can try adding a little from a bottle of fresh polish the same colour. This is really all that I would do.

Last edited:
Hi Melanie,
CND polishes are indeed thixotropic so should last a loooooooooooong time before going gloopy, provided they are stored with the lid on properly, but all nail enamels can eventualy go thick as the solvents that keep them liquid evaporate (especialy if the bottles have spent a long time with the lids off).
Adding thinner/other solvants will change the formulation of the polish and therefor make it's staying power much less reliable.
I have added solvents to enamals I use for nail art, but would advise not to do this to enamals you will be applying to clients nails or toenails. Invest in some replacement CND nail colours and ensure your clients have the reliable, long lasting finish they deserve. :)
HTH!

You can add a few drops of CND Stickey Base Coat and it will revive your enamel or as others have said, mix with the same colour that is fresh.

Your CND enamels must be WAY old if they have gone gloopy.

Latest posts

Back