Creative Products and dodgy technicians...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do people get all excited when Creative is mentioned? As a Tech I think its my duty to have knowledge of the industry that I'm in and that includes using good quality products and knowing my stuff. I did my research and trained with NSI and found little diff (pennies) in the top 5 comps.

Dont worry about these websites if you want top quality products then think about it carefully -you will always benefit, where is the back up when these people buy illegally from the US or ebay?

RedAdmiral said:
Why do people get all excited when Creative is mentioned? As a Tech I think its my duty to have knowledge of the industry that I'm in and that includes using good quality products and knowing my stuff.

I think there are a few reasons why people 'get all excited when Creative is mentioned'.

It may seem an outmoded concept in todays world, but one of the reasons is LOYALTY. To a brand that gives so much more than just adequate results. Clients LOVE the technicians who use it and that is good for business.

Another is constant SUPPORT for the Creative technicians from passionate, dedicated Creative educators and suppliers.

Another is INSPIRATION to be the best you can be and to go as far as you want to go, from the industry icons who use and love the Creative Brand.

Another is the ROLE MODELS who use and love the Creative brand and who are the ones who have the passion (not apathy) to move our industry forward and into the rightful respectful position it deserves and who give up their time to do so.

Its the same with anyone who has 'found' something really special whether it be religion or anything else ... you want to pass the word on and let everyone know what you know and have what you have because it is so great. That is not such a bad motive now is it?

RedAdmiral said:
Why do people get all excited when Creative is mentioned?

I was just thinking the same. Why do you get all excited when Creative is mentioned?

Well if the answer above doesn't explain it for you, how about ..

Because Creative is a very exciting, innovative, wonderful, fabulous, gorgeous brand to use and your clients keep coming back for more because the results are so fantastic and long lasting??

Many many technicians get very excited .... they aren't wrong.

Im going to remove those URLs to the companies previously mentioned. Legal has been investigating them both for some time (along with some others). I personally wouldnt want to get involved with the investigation becuase I saved a few quid as chances are HM great customs tax man will be getting involved to investigate smuggling (sneaking products into the country without paying tax and duty) as well as the US postal service and Royal Mail for illegal transportation of highly flamamble materials. Chances are that the receivers as well as the companies will both be targets and the fines for shipping things like monomer through the US postal service is seriously astronomicall . I think on the third offence, you could be looking at jail time with Bubba as your cell mate.

As far as CND being the most expensive with products... Its not. Whats the price difference between the cheapest monomer and most expensive monomer per application? In the region of 20 pence! If that means I pay 20 pence more per client to ensure I have less lifting, cracking, breaking, etc... than Im saving a heck of a lot more money just through less repair work. Time=money. Dont be penny wise only to end up Pound Foolish :)

As far as training... CND is one of the least expensive on a per day basis (especially when you consider all of the extras you get in the courses).

You can lead a horse to water and even give him a straw... but that doesnt mean he will drink. There are countless trained with various products that only go on to other systems. There are as many that train, but dont impliment what they learn.

IMO thats their loss. Funnily enough, they are also the ones that are the least likely to succeed statistically. Seems like a big waste to me :)

geeg said:
Well if the answer above doesn't explain it for you, how about ..

Because Creative is a very exciting, innovative, wonderful, fabulous, gorgeous brand to use and your clients keep coming back for more because the results are so fantastic and long lasting??

Many many technicians get very excited .... they aren't wrong.

I was being sarcastic and facetious.

That was my whole point. Why do some non Creative techs get so excited when Creative are mentioned? Because they know how good Creative are and it makes them nervous.

Sorry Kimmie, I was a bit slow on the uptake there .... unlike me lol.

geeg said:
Sorry Kimmie, I was a bit slow on the uptake there .... unlike me lol.

No prob Geeg. My finger was just hovering over that neg rep button LOL. xxxx

Kimmi Rocks said:
pmsl, you need therapy :D you crack me up xxx (love ya though)!!!

Hey don't think she's just kidding either!! lol

Kimmi Rocks said:

Oh dear - haven't laughed so much in ages!!! I am trying to play catch up on posts - just had to comment here - damn funny!

at one time, i used to think why on earth people got excited about CND, i have now found out why............
i trained with various companies, and the PR was diabolical, in fact im STILL waiting for an answer to an email i send one of the companies, and i sent it about 7 months ago, this to me is BAD, since i converted to creative, ive had the best training, support, everytime i ring them they are so helpful, and when they say they will ring you back, THEY DO, usually within a couple of hours. i also found that the courses are damm good value for money, you get the kit thrown in too, which cant be bad in my book, i have become quite a snob now actually, when im asked what system i use, i look at people as if there are actually other systems that are better than CND. - i have nothing bad what so ever to say about CND, for me - it was the best move i ever made, and its saved me money in the long run too.

geeg said:
I think there are a few reasons why people 'get all excited when Creative is mentioned'.

It may seem an outmoded concept in todays world, but one of the reasons is LOYALTY. To a brand that gives so much more than just adequate results. Clients LOVE the technicians who use it and that is good for business.

Another is constant SUPPORT for the Creative technicians from passionate, dedicated Creative educators and suppliers.

Another is INSPIRATION to be the best you can be and to go as far as you want to go, from the industry icons who use and love the Creative Brand.

Another is the ROLE MODELS who use and love the Creative brand and who are the ones who have the passion (not apathy) to move our industry forward and into the rightful respectful position it deserves and who give up their time to do so.

Its the same with anyone who has 'found' something really special whether it be religion or anything else ... you want to pass the word on and let everyone know what you know and have what you have because it is so great. That is not such a bad motive now is it?

That's EXACTLY why I've moved over to Creative. Products that are simply the best I've used, by a company that employ people who have the passion and foresight to create a site like this, with headliners you strive to emulate.

Hi
would you happen to have a contact number or a website address for Creative, please xx

Peter Pan said:
at one time, i used to think why on earth people got excited about CND, i have now found out why............
i trained with various companies, and the PR was diabolical, in fact im STILL waiting for an answer to an email i send one of the companies, and i sent it about 7 months ago, this to me is BAD, since i converted to creative, ive had the best training, support, everytime i ring them they are so helpful, and when they say they will ring you back, THEY DO, usually within a couple of hours. i also found that the courses are damm good value for money, you get the kit thrown in too, which cant be bad in my book, i have become quite a snob now actually, when im asked what system i use, i look at people as if there are actually other systems that are better than CND. - i have nothing bad what so ever to say about CND, for me - it was the best move i ever made, and its saved me money in the long run too.

I know what you all mean about people saying they are Creative trained and don't appear to know what they are talking about - I saw an ad in my local paper advertising non acrylic nails by Creative Designer Nails - what was that about LOL.

I did my foundation training with Creative and then was one of these obnoxious people who thought that CND were too expensive and I could do fantastic nails with cheaper products and save myself money. I spent 3 years swapping from product to product muddling along and then along came the Nail Geek and it opened my eyes a little. I also had a conversation with my friend who trained at the same time as me and asked her why she had not tried other things - she said that she got no surprises when her clients came back, she knew the nails would be good and need little work.

I decided to change back to Creative and did my Master classes - the upshot of this is that I now actually make more money and I have the accounts to prove it. I use less product because I have less repairs to do - some of which I was not charging for.

So at the end of the day, if you buy cheap loo roll you use twice as much and we all know what happens when we dont use enough loo roll LOL.

Latest posts

Back