Crimped brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portnus

Reaction score
Hi guys

I currently use a sable round size 10 brush for my L&P but find that it holds too much liquid. I am looking for a size 8 quite rounded/oval brush with a bit of a point.

Just went on NSI website and came a cross 'Crimped' brush, what does this mean? Anyone used it?

xxx

It means the ferrule of the brush (the metal bit) has been crimped (squeezed) to flatten the normally round ferrule and force the hair into a flatter more paddle shape. Designer nails also do a paddle brush in the size you want.

:lol:,i had a vision then of an 80's throw back looking brush :eek:

Me too Becki,:eek:

Cheers Geeg, sounds just right. I might give it a whirl.:)

xxx

Don't crimp a round brush yourself, it will crack the glue holding the hairs and they will fall out. Buy a crimped brush (as this is how they are designed)

Don't crimp a round brush yourself, it will crack the glue holding the hairs and they will fall out. Buy a crimped brush (as this is how they are designed)

Now, I thought that specifically designed L&P brushes had the hairs hand tied and not glued - is this not the case ?

hmmm me too good point

Some are tied, some are glued. Creative states theres are tied.
These are the crimped brushes I currently use.
brushes.jpg

I fan mine out and trim it square.
Like this
brush01.jpg

It's a size 14

Some are tied, some are glued. Creative states theres are tied.
These are the crimped brushes I currently use.
brushes.jpg

Blimey, do you use all of them? which is for what ?

Carl why do you cut it so that it's square ?

Would it not make more sense to buy a square brush ?

Do Creative still package their sable brushes in the Arabic Gum?

Just interested.

I only use 2 of them, I have a size 14 & a size 16, I use them for everything.

I really didn't know that there were brushes that big, I use a No.8 as it what I trained with and have been quite happy with it, this has really surprised me. Nor did I know of crimped brushes - I have obviously led a very sheltered nail life

Carl why do you cut it so that it's square ?

Would it not make more sense to buy a square brush ?

Square brushes have very little belly and don't hold liquid like an oval brush, I square mine so I pick up even strips of acrylic the width of the nail, it also conforms better to the cuticle shape (polish brushes are quite square, but fan rounded when pressed, think about that one)!! It also gives me corners of the brush to work with when i have to pick up smaller applications. When it's shaped this way, I can also pick up a whole sidewall in one application, When doing a natural or clear overlay over a tip, I pick up a large strip, turn my brush sideways, apply down the middle of the nail (one application..... done)

I see,thanks for explaining.

I personally am not confident enough to start snipping at my brush,however your explanation does makes sense,thanks x

Latest posts

Back