Cruising....seafaring style!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
Need some advice here...For christmas,i bought Rich and i two tickets to go on a cruise....we are going with P&0 on the new ship the "Ventura" from Southampton the end of next month....now the ship we are going on is HUGE and i mean huge....i have booked a suite cabin with everything,i wanted the "top dollar":lol:....but this is our first cruise...

Has anyone done cruising and could you share your experienxes,good or bad....i know we are going on a fairly informal cruise and we have the choice to dress up,and believe me i will with my cocktail dress and long curly hair down to my waist:green:...

We just would like to know what to kind of expect...i do appreciate all cruises are not the same...cheers:hug:

Hi, not much help but all my clients who have been on cruises have loved them and over half booked to go again while on board.

Have a fab time xxx

Hey Gabi, hope you are well.

I have done loads of cruising and in fact my last cruise was on Ventura in October 2008. If you wanna chat just give me a call: will pm you my numbers.

J

Hi,
I am just back off cruising on Artemis P & O smallest, we had 4 formal nights, and I go OTT on those, full ball gown with train etc, hubby looking like James Bond, but to be honest not everyone does dress up, I would say about 10% on ours didn't. They looked out of it to me. But that is how I like to do it, everyone has their choice.
On casual nights I still wore very dressy cocktail dresses. One of the formals was black & white ball, we also had a 60's & 70's night, I dessed up for that too, such fun.
We cruised with Princess a couple of years ago, they really dress up too.
I am going on Ventura too, mid April, taking my Mum on her 1st cruise and I know it is a mega big ship, you can easily get lost, hubby did on tiny Artemis!!!!
I spoke with people who had been on Ventura, they said we will love it, but did ask which dining option we had taken, we have gone for 2nd sitting 8.30pm. That way you get the same table every night, if you go for Freedom dining, there can be problems as all those wanting to eat in that restaurant seem to want to eat at 8pm.......that did cause problems. And you can't change dining options when you have sailed. PM me if you want to know anything else.
Happy Cruising x
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

We have gone for the second sitting...i never was one for eating early:eek::lol:

I must say the wine list looks good as well:lol:

I am not intending to have any beauty treatments though....we just need to be by ourselves away from it all.....i just hope the entertainment is good...

We are not sure wether to book any excursions to spain and portugal while we dock....we want to get so much out of being on a cruise...we have booked a cabin on the stern side whatever that means...apparently we can see where we have come from!

Last edited:
Never been on a cruise (I'm more of a camping in Devon type person!), so can't help, but hope you and Rich have a fabulous fabulous time, you deserve it :hug:

Latest posts

Back