Curette-where to purchase?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty_Geek

Reaction score
Hi geeks any idea where I can get one of these? I'm based in UK but happy to use tinternet.

Been watching fingernailfixer on YouTube and reckon its a worthy investment

Xx

Sweetsquared. :)

I bought the Mehaz one that Holly uses in the videos from the Internet. I'm also in the uk and after getting hammered with custom charges (it was 11p over the limit after the exchange rate THEY use was applied) it cost about £25-£26 but it's AMAZING. I adore it and my clients commented on the difference when I started using it. I should have ordered 2 as I worry about losing it xxx

Girls what is curette? Xxx

I bought 3 of them from Sally's, they were very cheap. I've had them for years. They sanitize well and are good quality for being so cheap. I thought about buying the Mehaz brand figured I'd try these first. They work well and I don't get to upset if I lose one.

It's a metal implement with tiny scoops on either end. It's used to remove cuticle. I got one from CND when I took the master painter course and I love it.

Do you guys ever worry about not being able to clean them fully? Maybe I'm just paranoid but it worried me thinking about not getting all the skin out of the scoops. Mine was from an authorized beauty supply but it was very difficult to get inside the little scoops to get the skin out.

I used various nail brushes to clean it and also had to use an orange wood stick at one point. Sorry to jump in on the thread.

The one from s2 is enough to remove the cuticle but not curved too much so that it is hard 2 clean, under £10 too :) xx

The one from s2 is enough to remove the cuticle but not curved too much so that it is hard 2 clean, under £10 too :) xx

Ah.. Good to know. I will have to look around then. This one was far too curved! Everything got stuck in it! I'm in Canada or else i'd be checking out S2, but thank you very much for the help!

It's a metal implement with tiny scoops on either end. It's used to remove cuticle. I got one from CND when I took the master painter course and I love it.

This is true - a CND-branded curette is part of what you receive when taking the Master Painter class. Cool, huh? :D

If you can- wait for Excel! you will get Megaz one for much cheaper! I have two of those and they are AMAZING! I also have a Sweetsquared one and personally I feel like it was waste of money (I say "personally" so if someone wants to start throwing stones at me read the word "personally" twice ;) )

Sorry whats excel? I'm going prof beauty in feb I think (it's on my bday and OH really doesn't wanna come lol) if that's what u mean xx

Yes, profesional beauty at Excelx Enjoy your birthday shopping spree ;)

I have the CND one and really like it.

Ah fab how much are they? Xx

Do you guys ever worry about not being able to clean them fully? Maybe I'm just paranoid but it worried me thinking about not getting all the skin out of the scoops. Mine was from an authorized beauty supply but it was very difficult to get inside the little scoops to get the skin out.

I used various nail brushes to clean it and also had to use an orange wood stick at one point. Sorry to jump in on the thread.
I use a cocktail stick to clean it in soapy water before putting it in the mundo, cheap as chips from the pound shop and work really well for all sorts of things in the salon!

I use a cocktail stick to clean it in soapy water before putting it in the mundo, cheap as chips from the pound shop and work really well for all sorts of things in the salon!

That's exactly what I do, otherwise there is no way of getting it out!!

I have bought several but only use the one from CND I find it is really gently on the nail plate.

I found some of the other scoops to be quite sharp and scratched the surface of the nail a bit :eek: so don't use them anymore

x

Cheers for that tidbit K-Nails, I didn't think of that. Oh it's a minefield isn't it. How much was the cnd one? Did you get it with your kit or buy from s2? Xx

Latest posts

Back