curling my hair help !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewsey

Reaction score
Just want some advice on how to temporarily curl my hair, its shoulder length and i straighten it every day but recently ive fancied some nice curls in my hair, but i cannot use curling tongs the curls always end up all over the place, ive seen those bendy rollers you can get, how are they put in, do you use them on wet or dry hair, or are the heated versions the best?? x

x x thanks x x

jules x

i would love curly hair.

my hair is so straight it won't curl and if it does they drop out after an hour.

have you tried the velcro rollers from boots?

Im always watching the hairdressers when im not busy in the salon & my sister had her hair curled on saturday night for a doo & they set it with the velcro rollers & put her under the heat, her hair was damp not soaking wet & it turned out brill xxx

The bendy rollers are good. Use them on damp hair with some styling lotion, you can get some really good styling sprays which you can just spray on the damp section of hair you are going to wind. If you use perm papers on the ends of your hair when you wind you will find it easier and it will stop you getting fish hooks (bent ends). Its not the easiest thing to do on yourself though. you must let it dry right through so if you have a hood dryer you can use that to speed things up. If not why not try rags and go to bed in them. I used to do that when I was little lol!!

Fingertips ND said:
i would love curly hair.

my hair is so straight it won't curl and if it does they drop out after an hour.

have you tried the velcro rollers from boots?

hi vicki not used the velcro ones from boots just havent got a clue how to put them in what a durrr but ive never used anything like that before, the reason i ask is that Grace from bb had them in her hair the other day and she seemed to have them in a while and her came out not really curly just a bit of bounce lol x

jules x

kaney jules said:
Just want some advice on how to temporarily curl my hair, its shoulder length and i straighten it every day but recently ive fancied some nice curls in my hair, but i cannot use curling tongs the curls always end up all over the place, ive seen those bendy rollers you can get, how are they put in, do you use them on wet or dry hair, or are the heated versions the best?? x

x x thanks x x

jules x

Hi Jules

Have you tried drying your hair with a diffuser? I have a kink/natural curl. I rub some serum and mouse into my hair, then tip my head upside down and diffuse it, then apply/scrunch some more serum & John Frieda frizz free cream into it and a bit of a spray with hair spray!!

Ive never really got on with curling tongs as they seemed to drop out within a few hours!!

Lea on BB uses them bendy curlers too, have a look if you like how hers turn out!!

x

~shelley~ said:
Im always watching the hairdressers when im not busy in the salon & my sister had her hair curled on saturday night for a doo & they set it with the velcro rollers & put her under the heat, her hair was damp not soaking wet & it turned out brill xxx

sounds like it turned out well, just think i will have trouble with putting the curlers in, have to train hubby up to do it lol x x
thanks shellyx

jules x

loualarta said:
The bendy rollers are good. Use them on damp hair with some styling lotion, you can get some really good styling sprays which you can just spray on the damp section of hair you are going to wind. If you use perm papers on the ends of your hair when you wind you will find it easier and it will stop you getting fish hooks (bent ends). Its not the easiest thing to do on yourself though. you must let it dry right through so if you have a hood dryer you can use that to speed things up. If not why not try rags and go to bed in them. I used to do that when I was little lol!!

thanks hun i remember those papers my nan used to use those and perm lotion goodness it used to wreak, will have to practise that one x

julesx

velcros are really easy to put in yourself I think you would be able to do this in no time. They stick to the hair when as you put them in. If you want quite a tight curl I would still go with the bendy rollers.

Helencad said:
Hi Jules

Have you tried drying your hair with a diffuser? I have a kink/natural curl. I rub some serum and mouse into my hair, then tip my head upside down and diffuse it, then apply/scrunch some more serum & John Frieda frizz free cream into it and a bit of a spray with hair spray!!

Ive never really got on with curling tongs as they seemed to drop out within a few hours!!

Lea on BB uses them bendy curlers too, have a look if you like how hers turn out!!

x

cheers helen ive tried the scrunching method but my hair is so straight and kinky on the ends so it doesnt turn out the way i like, but im going to try the bendy curlers, going to have to watch closely now to see how she puts them in lol x x thanks for you help helen x x

jules x

why not ask a friend or just go to the hairdresser!

Fingertips ND said:
why not ask a friend or just go to the hairdresser!

could do vicki just would love to be able to change my hair myself sometimes, no way am i letting any of my mates near my hair last time i done that i ended up with a friar tuck haircut pmsl x

jules x

Or have my hair that is mega curly and I have to straighten it within an inch of its life.

have you tried curling it with your straightners i find that makes fantastic curls and as it's so hot the curls do stay in, if i use anything else to curl my hair with they drop out in minutes!

tentips said:
Or have my hair that is mega curly and I have to straighten it within an inch of its life.

i know why do we always want the opposite to what we've got never blimmin satisfied me x

kaney jules said:
could do vicki just would love to be able to change my hair myself sometimes, no way am i letting any of my mates near my hair last time i done that i ended up with a friar tuck haircut pmsl x

jules x

LOL

I know what you mean!

Before I had mine cut it was either down and straight or up in a pony just normal.

I can't do anything with my hair.

kaney jules said:
cheers helen ive tried the scrunching method but my hair is so straight and kinky on the ends so it doesnt turn out the way i like, but im going to try the bendy curlers, going to have to watch closely now to see how she puts them in lol x x thanks for you help helen x x

jules x

Now worries chick

I would have thought if you buy some you would get some instructions with them, if not I would have your hair damp and place your hair into sections, roll your hair round the curler in the middle and bend the edges into the middle making sure thy are tight! Leave for a while and voila!! Put products in that will make them stay!! Im pretty sure Ive seen these been put in before!!

Hope it makes sense!!

Fingertips ND said:
LOL

I know what you mean!

Before I had mine cut it was either down and straight or up in a pony just normal.

I can't do anything with my hair.

mines the same vick before i had kids my hair was straight and very thick and coarse now its really fine and sometimes flyaway, from one extreme to the other x

jules x

Helencad said:
Now worries chick

I would have thought if you buy some you would get some instructions with them, if not I would have your hair damp and place your hair into sections, roll your hair round the curler in the middle and bend the edges into the middle making sure thy are tight! Leave for a while and voila!! Put products in that will make them stay!! Im pretty sure Ive seen these been put in before!!

Hope it makes sense!!

you make it sound so easy helen, if you get instructions great diagrams would be better lol x thanks again helen x

jules x

as has been said, why not use your straightners they work great and the curls stay in for ages.

Latest posts

Back