curling my hair help !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jac extreme said:
as has been said, why not use your straightners they work great and the curls stay in for ages.

how would you do that jac, twist them round the barrel and hold it for a bit ?

julesx

you get quite a nice curl with the straightners but there is a bit of a knack to it. They need to be ones that get very hot so you have to be careful with them

loualarta said:
you get quite a nice curl with the straightners but there is a bit of a knack to it. They need to be ones that get very hot so you have to be careful with them

i thought that too, probably end up looking like medusa lol x

jules x

your welcome chick xx

kaney jules said:
i thought that too, probably end up looking like medusa lol x

jules x
#

you can get lovely looking curls from straightners, worth giving it a try!

PenelopePitstop said:
#

you can get lovely looking curls from straightners, worth giving it a try!

thanks pen happy birthday btw hope your having a good day!

jules x

kaney jules said:
thanks pen happy birthday btw hope your having a good day!

jules x

yep good thanks, feel sick, pigged to much choccy and cake but hey never mind, off home in a bit to have some champers x

PenelopePitstop said:
yep good thanks, feel sick, pigged to much choccy and cake but hey never mind, off home in a bit to have some champers x

good stuff pen have a nice evening x

Yeah, why not give it a try with your straighteners, my GHD's work wonders!!!

hth

xxxxxxxxx

Hiya, I have straight extensions nearly to my elbows and i use straightners to curl it... the curls stay in for 2 days!

http://www.ghdhair.com/index.php?c=uk

Click on TRENDS at the top, then LOOKS, then STEP BY STEP, choose SPIRAL CURLS and then VEIW VIDEO at the top... (bit of an effort!)

They used to send out free DVD's to show you but i can't find the link anymore...

Oh and i only use Heat protection spray too, you shouldn't need any setting lotion. Much quicker than Tongs or benders, takes me about 25 mins...

HTH
xxxx

I have really curly hair like ringlettes i straighten sometimes but i've just bought some fab ceramic varyheat tongs the large barrel to smooth my curls a bit ,and my friend bought the smaller ones her hair is straight and she loves em I usually get her to wash her hair the day before as clean freshly washed hair does'nt hold .velcro are good bendy ones are for a tighter curl depends what curl you want

I have tried the GHD angel curls but a word of warning ~ be careful, I burned my finger and it hurt for almost a week!
Wella Ceramic Pro curl tongs are the best ever - like the GHD of tongs they are FAB. I have straight hair and have never had a curl stay in it before but they do with these, much easier than GHD curls.
HTH
KxXX

mand778 said:
Yeah, why not give it a try with your straighteners, my GHD's work wonders!!!

hth

xxxxxxxxx
i just cant work out how to do it with my GHDS my hairdresser showed me but still cant doit lol xxx

I have straight hair and I love it when my hairdresser curls it for me with the GHD's. As you can see in my avator photo thats when I had it curled! I can never do it myself and its such a shame really!!! I prefer it with the curls coz I look a little older! lol. I have tried doing it myself but just don't have the patience and it always looks odd I think!

tammyleicester said:
Hiya, I have straight extensions nearly to my elbows and i use straightners to curl it... the curls stay in for 2 days!

http://www.ghdhair.com/index.php?c=uk

Click on TRENDS at the top, then LOOKS, then STEP BY STEP, choose SPIRAL CURLS and then VEIW VIDEO at the top... (bit of an effort!)

They used to send out free DVD's to show you but i can't find the link anymore...

Oh and i only use Heat protection spray too, you shouldn't need any setting lotion. Much quicker than Tongs or benders, takes me about 25 mins...

HTH
xxxx

thank you x thats really helpful x ill take a look now x x

Thanx all for you help I WILL GET MY CURLS one day big :hug: to you all x

julesx

i curl mine with my GHDs its brill! they stay in all nite, and with a touch of ellnet too!! fantastic...! wot more cud a gurl want... apart from a fab set of nails!!

I resorted to having a perm ((ppooooooo) but i have to admit i love my curly hair... you can pin it up and leave it to dry on it own.. its wild (just like me:lol::lol:)

I can remember once my mother put pipe cleaners in my hair whilst it was wet and i slept on them... OMG i had affro hair in them morning..:eek::eek: and even after washng it to try and get rid of them they refused:irked: i then refused to go to school cos they were that tight..:lol::lol::lol:

No i just stick to my mate perming mine as she gets it just right, and after a week they are perfect curls (not to tight but just tighter than bouncy)..

Sorry i can,t help with none perming but thought you would all like the story of me with the affro look..:lol:

How about the old fashioned way?

My hair reaches mid back.. and it's a job to do because it's so long and ultra thick.
BUT
Every now and then, I fancy some curls.
Out comes the bag of pink sponge rollers. I use the large ones.

I roll my hair DRY believe it or not. (for those with ultra straight hair, do it damp)
I sleep on them, with my pillow in a roll under my neck.
Yup, I wind up looking like Aunt Jemima
:lol:
VOILA curls for several days.
Sponge rollers are great for avoiding damaging your hair with the heat of straigtening tongs or curling tongs.

I'd steer clear of the velcro rollers, they have a tendency to snag hair and break it. Not great things.

I just put on my jammies
Park my butt in front of the tv, and roll.... (takes me a while, LOTS of hair LOL)
go to sleep with a bandana/scarf around my head.
In fact, I'll do it tonight, and take a pic tomorrow and show you the curls that I get.

hth's

PS:
like the ones on the right, here:
Plastic___Sponge_Hair_Rollers.jpg

Latest posts

Back