curling my hair help !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you use heated rollers or curling tong, the 1st trick is to fully dry your hair first, so that it feels dry to touch (not damp), because its at this stage that the core of the hair shaft is still damp (although you wouldn't be able to feel this) and this is best time to use heated curlers or tong.

if you use tongs, there's a trick to unravelling the hair. the only way i can describe it is to hold the handle firmly, don't twist the tong to unravel your hair out (like the way you do to put it in), grip the hand and then use your wrist in a sort of action as if you are turning a skipping rope. that way the curl stays in shape (like GHD curls) and doesn't go all over the place, which is what i think you are talking about. hope you understand that, its a bit hard to explain without showing you.

if i curl my hair with tongs the first side has dropped out by the time ive done the other side.i use my straighteners i find i can do it in half the time and the curl lasts longer.you can also choose how curly you want it.the more you twist the straightnener the more curly your hair goes.good luck.:)

have you tried curling it with your straightners i find that makes fantastic curls and as it's so hot the curls do stay in, if i use anything else to curl my hair with they drop out in minutes!

My hair is mega straight to! I use hair straighteners too they are fab for long lasting curls it took me a while to get the hang of it but the only thing I can liken it to is curling a ribbon with scissors just twist and pull!! Good luck have fun!!! x

How about the old fashioned way?

I sleep on them, with my pillow in a roll under my neck.
Yup, I wind up looking like Aunt Jemima
:lol:
VOILA curls for several days.
Sponge rollers are great for avoiding damaging your hair with the heat of straigtening tongs or curling tongs.

I'd steer clear of the velcro rollers, they have a tendency to snag hair and break it. Not great things.

I just put on my jammies
Park my butt in front of the tv, and roll.... (takes me a while, LOTS of hair LOL)
go to sleep with a bandana/scarf around my head.
In fact, I'll do it tonight, and take a pic tomorrow and show you the curls that I get.

hth's

Lol Thats so funny victoria cant wait to see the pic xxxx:hug:

if you use heated rollers or curling tong, the 1st trick is to fully dry your hair first, so that it feels dry to touch (not damp), because its at this stage that the core of the hair shaft is still damp (although you wouldn't be able to feel this) and this is best time to use heated curlers or tong.

if you use tongs, there's a trick to unravelling the hair. the only way i can describe it is to hold the handle firmly, don't twist the tong to unravel your hair out (like the way you do to put it in), grip the hand and then use your wrist in a sort of action as if you are turning a skipping rope. that way the curl stays in shape (like GHD curls) and doesn't go all over the place, which is what i think you are talking about. hope you understand that, its a bit hard to explain without showing you.

Great thanks buggy, you explained it well its so hard when you cant demonstrate it i know. Ill get there cheers xx

Ive since tried it with straighteners and rollers and find both really fidly, I burnt my ear with curling tongs years ago and have not touched them since lol.
Thanks everyone ill keep trying, maybe it would be easier to get a perm and then straighten it lol.Thanks xxxx

julesx

Just want some advice on how to temporarily curl my hair, its shoulder length and i straighten it every day but recently ive fancied some nice curls in my hair, but i cannot use curling tongs the curls always end up all over the place, ive seen those bendy rollers you can get, how are they put in, do you use them on wet or dry hair, or are the heated versions the best?? x

x x thanks x x

jules x

Hi

I have very thick long hair and I dont bother with velcro curlers or bendy ones, they take too long. I use Herstyler babycurls wand, it is very hot and comes with a glove to protect your fingers. They do these in different sizes depending on what size curl you want, babycurls, medium or grande. They also last for ages. Hope that helps. You can get them quite cheap on ebay, I bought mine about a year ago and they are still fine. About £40.

Abi x

Depending what effect you want i normally use heated rollers on dry hair with redken spray starch for that soft "cheryl cole" curl. Or sometimes tong the hair sections lightly then roll in velcro rollers while hair is stil hot. I would do this on dry hair using a good heat protection possibly with memory shaper if you have one available (redken sparystarch is great i use this with all of my heated appliances) If its a more "set" curl that you want i would use velcros or other rollers on damp hair with a good setting lotion. Generally if you want the curl more set then do it on wet hair, if you want the curl softer do it on dry hair

Latest posts

Back