Custom Blend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik Nak

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

If I did a set of enhancements on a nail biter and extended the nail bed with a custom blend mix, when I come to do the rebalance can I just go ahead as normal, by filing down and reapplying the white over the thinned down custom blend colour? Would this show through the white as two different tones?

I hope I have worded this so that it makes sense!! :)

Hi Guys,

If I did a set of enhancements on a nail biter and extended the nail bed with a custom blend mix, when I come to do the rebalance can I just go ahead as normal, by filing down and reapplying the white over the thinned down custom blend colour? Would this show through the white as two different tones?

I hope I have worded this so that it makes sense!! :)

I remove all the white with clippers. Then I file in a new smile line apply a form and sculpt a new white back to the smile line I have created with the file. Very easy and quick and looks stupendous!!

Another easy trick is just to file away the white and do an ordinary French Polish application. It lasts for ages and no need to use white powder until the client requests it.

Thanks Gigi, I like the idea of sculpting the whites on after filing the smile line in. I knew there would be a good way, I just couldnt picture how I could do it.
Just one more question, would I just use normal nail clippers to cut the white off? Would this cause any breakages etc?

Thanks x

Thanks Gigi, I like the idea of sculpting the whites on after filing the smile line in. I knew there would be a good way, I just couldnt picture how I could do it.
Just one more question, would I just use normal nail clippers to cut the white off? Would this cause any breakages etc?

Thanks x

I do not use one cut clippers. If by ordinary clippers you mean the ones used when held between the thumb and forefinger then yes. Use carefully and with precision and take tiny little 'bites' rather than trying to cut across half the width of the nail. You can trim quite precisely using the clippers like this.

I remove all the white with clippers. Then I file in a new smile line apply a form and sculpt a new white back to the smile line I have created with the file. Very easy and quick and looks stupendous!!

Another easy trick is just to file away the white and do an ordinary French Polish application. It lasts for ages and no need to use white powder until the client requests it.

May sound dumb now, but don't you ever have nno client's? I kinda like the idea of your way, but has always been taught to "strive" after clients eventually having nno's. But now you got me thinking, because usually if clients don't wanna have enhancements the nails grown under enhancements can't stay as long as under the enhancement eventhough they are not damaged and I know that the join between nail and product is considered weaker than if it's a nno? I hope you get what I'm trying to ask, not sure how to put it into words:hug:

I have now reread the thread and not sure if this is only for nailbiters you do this?

You really kickstarted my brain now LOL

Last edited:
May sound dumb now, but don't you ever have nno client's? I kinda like the idea of your way, but has always been taught to "strive" after clients eventually having nno's. But now you got me thinking, because usually if clients don't wanna have enhancements the nails grown under enhancements can't stay as long as under the enhancement eventhough they are not damaged and I know that the join between nail and product is considered weaker than if it's a nno? I hope you get what I'm trying to ask, not sure how to put it into words:hug:

I have now reread the thread and not sure if this is only for nailbiters you do this?

You really kickstarted my brain now LOL

Actually, you lost me at the end there somewhere!! :lol:

If clients have a NNO and want permanent French then this doesn't work so well but for custom blend clients it is GREAT and it is cheaper than having:lol: permanent French redos all the time ... and less work for me so I generally talk them into it.

Thanks that answered my question!
I kind of lost myself in the end too:lol: I didn't know the right question, but you gave the right answer:hug:

Latest posts

Back