custom blending- share your advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is a fantastic thread,i bought some nsi powders a few weeks ago .but im not really sure what to do with them
i did get a nice colour the other week,but just played around so havent a clue how i got it :rolleyes:
i will be having another play later so will let you know if i come up with a good'en

id like to know how you get zone 3 and the sidewall area to be more transparent as even though i work wetter and thinner its still not transparent enough there
xxx

Try adding a little Perfect Pink for zone 3

Thanks for typing up the article have saved it to my pc. Ibrought the creative CBM kit the other month and although you got the recipe booklet with it, it wasn't really that clear to me. You notes made alot more clearer.

One thing I would like to ask if anyone has any pointers is how do you tell the tone you are going to go with (Warm, Cool etc...) Do you just look at the nailbed tone and try to match or the clients skin tone?:rolleyes:

The way i check the tone of a client is to look at the underside of their wrist. If the veins have a blue tint they have cool tones. If the veins have a green tint they have warm tones. This is just one way of checking, but in general cool tones have pink undertones to the skin and warm tones have more yellow undertones.

time for a "bump" up the bum !!!

Right the question I have now is,

You find you have mixed a lovely colour, only problem is, it is not quite opaque enough, so in you throw another scoop of soft white etc....
then your whole mix has gone to pot ! and now its too pale :irked:
What is the easiest way of sorting this out? as I end up getting in a tizz all the time and completely lose the plot !!
Im not the best when it comes to maths lol , I can manage 1part / 2 parts etc.....but when we come to 16th and 32's thats when my mind totally switches off,

I love custom blending it's my favourite application method , unfortunatly not my "best" lol

You should have a standard base mix of i think it's 4 parts pink to 1 part white, not to sure on the measurements though so don't quote me on that one. This makes it easier as the only other colours you going to add to these are what suits your clients skin tone which are the only ones that are unique to your client but the base mix of 4:1 should be the same.

another point to think about, the only reason it's becoming transparent is because your adding a transparent colour, e.g perfect pink (CND). I would only add this colour to my zone 3 mix.

i hope that make sense

Great thread - picking up loads of tips!

A couple of questions though - I read somewhere about making zone 3 less opaque, how would you do that without there being a definate line of colour change from zone 2 to zone 3 - or am I just being a bit opaque myself!

Also, when I got my blend together it was a little "flat" looking - how can you make it "shimmery" without it being too glittery - if you know what I mean?

Thanks in advance guys :hug:

YOu could try adding a little glimmer or what's the other one called? Or adding a tiny bit of melting pot, but not too much as it will darken your blend

Was just wondering, this thread seems predominately to deal with L&P custom blend, but does anyone have any good recipes for Gel?
I can never seem to get a good enough coverage to cover a nail-biter (myself being one). I have read another thread on here by Heather Davis regarding mixing Gel with Nail Polish but am wondering if this is a good way to go in regards finding suitable coverage.

Paula x

Was just wondering, this thread seems predominately to deal with L&P custom blend, but does anyone have any good recipes for Gel?
I can never seem to get a good enough coverage to cover a nail-biter (myself being one). I have read another thread on here by Heather Davis regarding mixing Gel with Nail Polish but am wondering if this is a good way to go in regards finding suitable coverage.

Paula x

Was just thinking the same. Any replies gratefully received.:hug:

Latest posts

Back