custom blending- share your advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was asking yesterday about a blend for extending the nail bed sing NSI powder, I just can't seem to get it right, any suggestions?

what colour nsi powders do you have and we can see if we can convert other powder colours so you can use the same recipes with nsi...

*JOANNE* said:
what colour nsi powders do you have and we can see if we can convert other powder colours so you can use the same recipes with nsi...

Thanks Joanne, pink masque, radiant pink and radiant white.

tentips said:
Thanks Joanne, pink masque, radiant pink and radiant white.
you could add a sidgen of radiant white to your intense pink or pink mask, but i reckon it would be worth investing in some of the nsi coloured powders.
i did a blend but it was to peach and antony suggested adding white so soften it abit...is pink masque a cover up powder????

*JOANNE...is pink masque a cover up powder????[/quote said:
It is supposed to be but I can still see a definate shadow, I'm not sure if it's me or not, but someone said yesterday that they do too. I shall try that anyway Joanne thanks for your help.

tentips said:
It is supposed to be but I can still see a definate shadow, I'm not sure if it's me or not, but someone said yesterday that they do too. I shall try that anyway Joanne thanks for your help.

a shadow?... as in at your smile line?

Sparklepink said:
a shadow?... as in at your smile line?

Where I have extended the free edge Jess, does that make sense? perhaps I should say it just looks odd???

tentips said:
Where I have extended the free edge Jess, does that make sense? perhaps I should say it just looks odd???

yeah it does make sense.... it could be that the powder you are using doesnt cover up enough... try using it drier or making it more opaque by adding a more opaque powder (ie soft white) to it

hth

Jess
xox

Snugglepuss said:
[/B]The easiest way to test your blend is by using a Brisa Clear Performance form. The centre of each form provides a perfect surface to drop a bead onto and hold it up against the nail. It also serves as an excellent ‘swatch’ for testing existing batches of blends for new clients.

I like to apply the test mixes to clear nail tips. That way you have a bunch of pre-made tips ready for clients and if you aren't sure if they are a warm or a cool, you can just lay one on top of their nail. Even if you end up tweaking it a bit at least the client can somewhat see beforehand what their nails will look like. Clients really seem to like that too :)

Laura

Sparklepink said:
yeah it does make sense.... it could be that the powder you are using doesnt cover up enough... try using it drier or making it more opaque by adding a more opaque powder (ie soft white) to it

hth

Jess
xox

Thanks Jess I'll get on to it and try it.

tentips said:
Thanks Jess I'll get on to it and try it.

or alternatively get the pastle flower collection... thats the collection i use for my base mix ;)
pansy is a must imo....
plus its on offer for may and june.....buy the PF collection & you get the walk of fame collection free!!! :green:

for your nearest ezflow distributor call 0845 330 0840

Jess
xox

**BUMP**
just bumping at while im here i might aswell ask if anybody can help me re getting a custom blend mix to be opaque enough to cover the natural free edge ,but then be transparent enough at the cuticle area ????
i had another go last night on my sister and it didnt look that good to be honest,also i got a marbled effect even though i tried overlapping the beads ggggrrrrrr !!!!!! its getting on my nerves :irked:
i am using the nsi technicolour kit btw !!!!!

(i have loads of bloomin flys near my monitor ,little tinsey winsey ones,they're getting on my nerves now too :green: )

emmsybabes! said:
**BUMP**
just bumping at while im here i might aswell ask if anybody can help me re getting a custom blend mix to be opaque enough to cover the natural free edge ,but then be transparent enough at the cuticle area ????
i had another go last night on my sister and it didnt look that good to be honest,also i got a marbled effect even though i tried overlapping the beads ggggrrrrrr !!!!!! its getting on my nerves :irked:
i am using the nsi technicolour kit btw !!!!!

(i have loads of bloomin flys near my monitor ,little tinsey winsey ones,they're getting on my nerves now too :green: )

with the nudite powders from entity, i was shown to do the pink area in 3 beads.

the first to cover the area you want to lengthen, in the coverage powder sloping down into zone 2.

then another in the coverage pink next to it, but using a wetter ratio and overlapping the first bead and sloping down on to zone three.

a final bead in their regular pink powder for the cuticle area, pulling it gently over the othe beads.

now i dont know if this will work with other brands, but maybe it would be worth an experiment on a few spare tips ?

ahhh thankyou i will give it a go ,ill let u know how i get on xxx

Sparklepink said:
or alternatively get the pastle flower collection... thats the collection i use for my base mix ;)
pansy is a must imo....
plus its on offer for may and june.....buy the PF collection & you get the walk of fame collection free!!! :green:

for your nearest ezflow distributor call 0845 330 0840

Jess
xox
Thanks I didn't realise, but I've been poorly.:cry: Good bargain x

"bump"
has anybody got any more advice/tips ect... to update?
any any help on custom blending toe nails or pics would be good too

Has anyone got any recipies using Creative without using Flawless pink??? xxx

hth

Jess
xox

time for a "bump" up the bum !!!

Right the question I have now is,

You find you have mixed a lovely colour, only problem is, it is not quite opaque enough, so in you throw another scoop of soft white etc....
then your whole mix has gone to pot ! and now its too pale :irked:
What is the easiest way of sorting this out? as I end up getting in a tizz all the time and completely lose the plot !!
Im not the best when it comes to maths lol , I can manage 1part / 2 parts etc.....but when we come to 16th and 32's thats when my mind totally switches off,

I love custom blending it's my favourite application method , unfortunatly not my "best" lol

Great thread - picking up loads of tips!

A couple of questions though - I read somewhere about making zone 3 less opaque, how would you do that without there being a definate line of colour change from zone 2 to zone 3 - or am I just being a bit opaque myself!

Also, when I got my blend together it was a little "flat" looking - how can you make it "shimmery" without it being too glittery - if you know what I mean?

Thanks in advance guys :hug:

Latest posts

Back