custom blends ....help please xx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clara doon

Reaction score
hi guys

hope someone can help with this clients colour blend as I'm having real trouble getting her mix 100%

as you can see I've had a few goes with this and still not 100% happy I was hoping someone would be able to give me a few pointer.

the first and second pic are the first ones using mr geeks mix but I felt it was too cold for her skin tone so warmed it up for pic 3 :eek: (nearly every colour I own was added to this mix) but I think it turned out too peach, she how ever liked it.

on to pic 4 (the main one with white tips) I used the peach mix in zone 2 and a 50/50 perfect pink flawless in zone 3 (dragging it over zone 2)
I quite like this mix and am nearly happy with it, but as I said not 100% so am hoping someone can help !!

cheers for looking guys xx

Attachments

• colour blend 1.JPG
    colour blend 1.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 323
  • colour blend 2.JPG
    colour blend 2.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 329
  • colour blend 3.JPG
    colour blend 3.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 304
hi mate , what is it you dont like about the main pic mix ?
i think it looks lovely , colour suits and its not patchy or anything , it looks good t me xxxxx

I think you made a good call on warming up the nail bed color. The one with the white tips looks very natural. The one with the sparkly fuschia tips is a little speckley, but that's what happens when you used some of those darker Metro powders. :) Still a good color for the client. And I love the fuschia tip color!

Your sidewalls are a bit "fat in the hips," however. They should be straight up and down, and parallel to each other. You can slide your abrasive straight down each side, and bevel toward the top to take the thickness down in that area (does that make sense?).

All in all, very pretty. I love the shape!

i think it looks lovely , colour suits and its not patchy or anything , it looks good t me xxxxx

I agree, from what I can see they look lovely, the colour looks similar to the base mix I use. Love the shape too. Well done hun:hug:

thanks for all your comments girlies xx
yep Emma I do like the last one I've done (white tips) but can't help thinking they still look a little like 'stick ons' !! I think they look better on the pic than in real life lol

I'll see when it comes to re balance time xx

thanks for all your comments girlies xx
yep Emma I do like the last one I've done (white tips) but can't help thinking they still look a little like 'stick ons' !! I think they look better on the pic than in real life lol

I'll see when it comes to re balance time xx
I know what you mean this is exactly the problem I kept having. But I personally found if you add a powder that is transparent, like perfect pink or even perfect clear it kind of soften the plastic look if you get me.

Of course not every one will agree with this as GMG stated that if you get your mix right then it won't look plastic.

However this is just personal opinion from my point of view. Try it who knows?

sorry i cant give you much advice on the custom blend colour as i dont yet do it but i wanted to say that i love these nails.i love the shape and the colour of the glitter.i would love to wear these myself.:)

I'm with you I think they look great. I wish my custom blends were that nice.

I think that you will also find that the free edge colour will affect/change the colour of the custom blend nailbed aswell. I have a large amount made up of my mix and use it everytime I rebalance but will often change the free edge colour and the look of the custom blend changes.
My mix at the mo is just equals parts of flawless and intense pink, a bit of melting pot and a touch of quartz. Instead of the quartz you could try it with the terra cotta to get the warm look. HTH

Latest posts

Back