Customer complaining then returns 3 months later!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleL

Reaction score
hi all,

I run a hair extenion business from home which i have done so for the last 8 years now.
I've never had an problems in the past with clients, they have always been satisfied until a few months ago... i had my first 'nightmare' client.

As i always do, I carried out a free, no-obligation consultation and showed her the grades of hair i offer, i then colour matched and gave her the total price. i answered any questions she had and she agreed to go ahead and left a £60 deposit for a fullhead of micro-ring hair extensions as discussed.

I fitted them a few days later for her and she left my house happy with no problems.

the next day after fitting, i received a facebook message from said client explaining that 7 individual hair extension strands had come out and also that she felt there wasn't enough strands added around the front of her head as there was a 'gap'.

As this was my first ever complaint, i wanted to put things right so as a good will gesture, i offered to fit 25 extra strands round the front of her hair and to also put the strands that had come out, back in for her.
I also went through the aftercare with her again and explained that micro-ring extensions do need to be handled careful etc but its not uncommon for a few to come out. She was happy with all of this and booked in to have this done a few days later.

later that same evening, i had another message from her saying that she was still unhappy (even though we earlier agreed that i would replace the strands and add some more for her) but that she was now going to get them removed by her friend and that she wanted a full refund.

I remained completely professional and explained that i was not prepared to give her a full refund, however that i would replace the 7 strands that had come out, fit an extra 25 strands round the front to fill the 'gap' and also to cut her extensions in all free of charge. (which i feel is very fair and would resolve the issues she had)

she was still not happy with this and demanded a full refund otherwise she was going to take this further (im assuming she ment to a Small claims court?!)
I explained once again that i wasnt going to refund her as i had done everything explained and asked of me. She left my house very happy after the extensions had been fitted and she had no problems until the next day... it seemed alittle fishy to me.

she got very abusive in her messages after that and called me unprofessional and rude (even thought i wasn't in the slightest - i have all the facebook messages to prove this). I run a business which i take great pride in.
After a few more messages to and from, she stopped replying and i never heard from her again... until today!!

I just put it all down to her being a 'problem client' and wanting 'to get something for nothing'... i think she had a chance of heart about the hair extensions and just wanted to see if she could 'bully' me into giving her a refund (which i never did)

out of the blue, she messaged me today saying the following:

"hello, i want to apologise for how i overreacted with the hair. I really want to try the nano rings this time because i think my hair was too fine for micro-ring and thats why they fell out. Please let me know. Thanks"

i have already decided that im not prepared to do her hair extensions ever again after the abuse i received from her last time but how do i word it so that i remain professional?

any advise?

thanks

I don't do hair (im beauty) but I would tell her that I was fully booked for months to come and wouldn't be able to offer her an appointment anytime soon!!!

I can not believe the sheer audacity of some people!

I dont think I'd reply! I can't believe shes been back in touch, I'm glad she's apologised to you, but what if she doesn't like these ones either will she abuse you again!?

If you do respond I'd maybe say, great to hear you're giving extensions another go however I wont be able to offer you an appointment, heres a number for another extensionist in the area.. 20283747492 x

Xx

Love that reply Rachul!!! Definitely go with that, don't even explain why x

I had a very similar thing - client complained, got a refund, then contacted me to book again. I said "I'm really sorry, but I don't think this treatment is for you. If you wish to go elsewhere I understand". She didn't come back, which is all I wanted! Good luck x

Latest posts

Back