Customer from hell 2

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystal100

Reaction score
I rent a nail table in a Hair Salon in Fugengirola. Scenario....client comes into the salon (off the street) on Friday, I was not there, but an appointment was booked for 'infills'. Came in to do the 'infills' which turned out to be a 5 week L&P P&W job! Last place she had her nails done was in a 'nail bar' in the UK (one in one out job using drills and airbrushing whites). Anyway to cut a long story short, I charged her for a normal infill (stupid me!....because that was what she says she was quoted when she made the appointment). NEXT DAY I get a 'phone call from the salon manager to say that the client was in the shop demanding a refund because of 'lifting'! She was told to come back in 20 mins so that I could get to the salon to see this 'lifting'. While she went away the salon manager 'phoned me and told me that there was nothing wrong with the nails and under no circumstances should I offer a refund. Anyway, I still panicked, as I've never had anyone come back with next day lifting! So I rushed down to the salon (got hubby to take me on the scooter because the traffic in Fuengirola was manic....looking back it was funny!). Client came back, I had a look at them...there was no 'lifting' but you could see she'd definitely been trying pick the acrylic away on a couple of nails (for what ever reason)...I buffed the picking and sent her away without a refund! Some people will try it on!

My lady did not come into the salon or telephone me during working hours she left her message and later that evening threats on the answer machine with no telephone number and her record card which she filled in had a digit missing and directory enquiries had no number to give me. She said she had been to trading standards and was writing to me and if I did not reply they would take the matter up.

Im still waiting for the letter.

But my faith in human nature has taken a battering

Betty - you got a bad 'un there hun. She's prob a professional moaner which is why her nails were such a mess when she came to you, cos noone else will do them anymore lol.

Honestly hun, I know it's easier said than done, but you need to get a thick skin on this one - if she contacts you again say you have been in touch with a solicitor and the Association of Nail Technicians and they say you haven't got a case to answer to ..... should shut her up. - calling people's bluff usually does the trick!!

I know its good advice.

Many thanks

Latest posts

Back