Cutting off tips in rebalance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lelu

Reaction score
I've seen on some video tutorials techs clipping off tips, eg glitter tips, before resculpting tips and rebalancing. Is it ok to do this and if so what tool is best to use? Would be grateful for any advice.

I wouldn't see a problem with that. It will save you a lot of time.

I'd use a normal nail clippers and take the nails down by clipping in small amounts, rather than in one go, then rebalance as normal.

HTHs

I wouldn't see a problem with that. It will save you a lot of time.

I'd use a normal nail clippers and take the nails down by clipping in small amounts, rather than in one go, then rebalance as normal.

HTHs

I do the same but it does have to be done carefully and in front of where you want the free edge to be .. then file the smile line in. If you don't leave some extra length, you run the risk of the free edge cracking. Little tiny 'bites ' with the clippers is the secret .. you cannot use one cut clippers for this.

Thanks for that. Really helpful. 😄

I always thought using clippers in this way "could" cause micro cracks?

I always thought using clippers in this way "could" cause micro cracks?

That is why you cut ahead of where you want to be and file the rest.

Best is to fille as often cut make a crack.

I just use my e-file running on very high. And cut from left to right, following the shape of the nail you're working with. It makes re-shaping the nail much faster.

I too do this, I use normal nail clippers and do small lengths at a time. I like to leave about 1ml to file.

little bites and always face the clippers forward, so if it cracks, it will crack forwards, not backwards

Latest posts

Back