Dad is cheating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine Armani

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I'm really shattered.
I don't really want to tell anyone so I thought I can come on here.
My dad was using my laptop and left his Facebook logged in, I was going to log out and then I saw unread messages from a women, the conversation was really intense I immediately felt sick to the stomach and logged out.
I don't really know where his taking this whole thing but this isn't the first time I have seen him chatting intimately with other women. I've told my mum before because it wasn't as serious as this he was just commenting on some women's photos.
I still live at home so I would hate to see my dad actually leave with someone else like he said he would in the conversation.
I actually feel a lot of hate towards him right now, I don't have a strong relationship with him but I don't have a bad one with him either.
My mum is 52 and my dad is 8 years younger, my dad was really abusive to my mum and then few years ago he was diagnosed with schizophrenia, my mum put up with his shi.t all of these years and I don't understand why he can't just make her happy for once and appreciate how lovely and patient she has been with him.
I feel really angry and love my mum so much. I don't know if I should tell my mum because I know it would hurt her, she always says she's finally happy with her life because he's finally not abusive and etc.
I don't know what to do... :(

Have a talk to him about what you've seen, tell him he needs to tell your mum or you will.
I know you dont wanr to see him go but she deserves to know I think.
Im sorry lovely x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Don't tell your mum make your dad tell her,
Speak to him and tell him you know and if he doesn't tell her you will.

Or completely keep out of it!

If your mum knows what he's like as he's done it before and she's 'happy' then let them both get on with it. Just hiss in his ear 'cheater' every time you walk by. lol

You poor thing being stuck in the middle of it all. There's no winners in this situation, I think I would do what others have suggested and say he must tell her or you will. Be prepared though as your mum may not thank you for it at first, but if she found out you knew and didn't tell her I think thst would hurt her more. Good luck my lovely, let us know what you decide x

So sorry you have to deal with this. Certainly not the best way to find out. Like others have said, probably best to talk to your dad first and give him an opportunity to explain. But then it really should be up to your dad to tell your mom. I'd probably not get too involved and let them deal with it in ways they're comfortable with.

This has happened before and I confronted him about it, he didn't really have anything to say. I didn't speak to him for a whole month and didn't tell my mum.
I know deep down I don't want her to know because she may leave because she thinks she's better off without him, but I don't really want that to happen because I don't want my mum to end up alone since me and my brother are due to possibly move out soon.
I honestly feel sick, he's a 44 year old married man what more could he possibly want?
In the conversation he said that he's going to sell his house to be with this women lol thank god the house is under my mums name too if that ever crosses his mind.
I'm just really angry!!
You're all so lovely!!! So thankful for SG

Perhaps your mum and your sister should kick both those a***holes out. Sounds like you'd be better off without them in the house. Maybe those two could shack up together?

Latest posts

Back