Dangerous dogs or irresponsible owners?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost commented no they shouldn't, and thought mm29 will be back lol.

Lol this thread isn't helping me stop smoking 😫

I doubt very much the army/police treat their working dogs like humans

I'm out,

Dogs should be treated as dogs for their own sanity,

Well my Clyde would never get a 2nd chance if he had eaten my good heels never mind my girlies.

He's treated as a dog, sleeps in the kitchen not allowed upstairs
Because humans sleep in beds not dogs lol

I am out too. I was out the second I was told that dogs should be treated equally to children lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am out too. I was out the second I was told that dogs should be treated equally to children lol

Lol I know I can't comprehend it

Lol I know I can't comprehend it

Lol I can't comprehend how people think they shouldn't be. I'm obviously just a crazy animal/dog lady. :lol:

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384040443.876760.jpg

This is my boy Gary,I think you would agree that without training etc he could have been very unpredictable because of his size etc.

He's treated like a dog no upstairs no on bed upstairs no children being left alone with him etc that is very irresponsible.I love him to bits but he's a dog.

Lol this thread isn't helping me stop smoking 😫

I doubt very much the army/police treat their working dogs like humans

No because then the dog wouldnt work for them they would be like. "Wtf man, I ain't going in there. There might be bombs and crap. Human, make me a sandwich, no butter I am watching my figure"

But he had the 'instinct' like some of you are saying about dogs!!! Why was he doing glassing people! That's no accident sorry. Your cousin also had 'the instinct' to protect himself like a dog! How do we know what a dog means to do! They could just be doing what your cousin was doing; protecting themselves!

I'm done now too. I think we can all agree it's irresponsible to leave a dog alone with a child.

The guy punched him, he punched back with the glass in his hand as sheer instinct... He didn't continue, my cousin the same, both accidents. A dog that snaps is warning and my dog has occasionally almost caught me, when play fighting (I know I know to all others, she soft as a brush but an Alsatian and if I got hurt its my fault I would see it as) as it would be an accident, and she gets playfull and doesn't know her own strength but I say 'ok now' and she stops instantly and lies down. When I've been brushing her ive caught her and she's yelps and almost caught my face, but she wasn't going for me, just warning, so the catches were an accident if she bit or actually attacked me that would be no accident.

View attachment 47530

This is my boy Gary,I think you would agree that without training etc he could have been very unpredictable because of his size etc.

He's treated like a dog no upstairs no on bed upstairs no children being left alone with him etc that is very irresponsible.I love him to bits but he's a dog.

He's lovely x

He's lovely x

Thank you,he is indeed.He's a bit of a theif though lol and no o didn't teach him that it's instinct hahahaha only joking but he is a theif.Likes socks far to much x

Thank you,he is indeed.He's a bit of a theif though lol and no o didn't teach him that it's instinct hahahaha only joking but he is a theif.Likes socks far to much x

Mine are thief's too lol socks and bras :eek: x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384041571.887196.jpg

Here's my lil beaut. Doesn't go upstairs, has her own room... It's the snooker and darts room that's not used, so it's hers. As she's a guard dog, god knows if she would do that job, but given she doesn't like men I thinks she'd wake us at least, she has the run of downstairs, the cat lives up stairs, she wouldn't dare try going up, and thinks if we ask he up she's having a bath and refuses point blank, to the point once I'd kicked cat food everywhere on accident and wanted her to eat it, so I had to carry her up the stairs as she would not go up. She sits and does anything regardless as to who tells her, I treat her more like family than anyone, but she still has to sit, and wait to be told to eat before eating. Once I went to get biscuits and forgot heard her whimper after 5 mins, still sitting there looking at her bowl, I felt so sorry and mean lol. But she's well trained.

Bit embarrassing after your massive dogs but here are ours

Attachments

• 1384042511306.jpg
    1384042511306.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 1384042523119.jpg
    1384042523119.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 114
my beautiful baby. Buddy

Attachments

• 20131016_105051.jpg
    20131016_105051.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 105
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384044495.151947.jpg

Mr Darcy is the biggest of my/my parents woofs. A complete teddy bear! But I'd still never leave him alone with a child or even an adult friend or family member that hasn't known him long enough. X

View attachment 47547

Mr Darcy is the biggest of my/my parents woofs. A complete teddy bear! But I'd still never leave him alone with a child or even an adult friend or family member that hasn't known him long enough. X

He is a beaut! Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Reactions: LMA
I used to be very wary of dogs before I had my boxer pup Ruby n now other people's dogs don't worry me at all. I couldn't imagine not bring able to trust my own dog I can put my nose right up to her nose and she couldn't care less shes so laid back n dopey. she's 2 now, brindle coloured with a black face that looks like butter wouldn't melt lol will get a pic x

View attachment 47530

he is gorgeous x

Yep. We should have rehomed it with someone without kids and then when they decided that they couldnt cope they could sell it on fB or gumtree and it could them go to a family with kids or grandkids. Mind you sheps don't do well with re homing a lot of the time as they form such strong pack bonds with their owners. One of their characteristics is to be aloof tp strangers. This is why theyake such good police and army dogs. They bond with their owner/handler and will ignore anyone else untill the owner/handler says so.

Sorry have to disagree with this - shepherds will bond with anyone / that's why they are so easy to re handle - is humans love to think " awe he loves me so much " kind of true but they will love the hand that feeds

They make good army and police dogs because it's the only breed with over 200 million scent receptors? Is big, looks the part and has both defence and prey drive.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384070830.860346.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384070867.639006.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384070940.962701.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384071027.333393.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384071071.076823.jpg

Just to lighten the topic I've attached some pics of my working doggies over the years, / and to make you laugh a pic of my old van after it was rammed after a cash point job!!!!

And to discuss the topics of destroying dogs - despite being a dog lover I think they should be destroyed / because when a dog become dangerous what do you do with it, who handles it, or tries to retrain it and who funds it.
We have to face it that some dogs are just nasty - some through training, we used to get a lot of dogs imported from holland that had been kennels their whole life, used to bite only and be electric collared / it fries their brain and turns then into unpredictable creatures, and at 1 year old they are too far gone to be retained, they either get used as non compliant dogs or sent to the army, otherwise it's the needle and I have to agree with that,
In a perfect world it would be lovely to be able to make these dogs good but it rarely happens

We had one dog called paddy, bred by the police, well brought up by puppy walkers but at a year old on its novice course it proper attacked it's handler
Then did it to a trainer / all for no real reason - the preserved with it, more and more handlers got bitten and put In hospital in then end it had to be destroyed. Turned out it had a brain tumour

So who would have likes to have retrain that dog????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back