Dangerous nail glue warning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyshMash

Reaction score
Personally I've never used it or even seen it for sale but someone posted it in a Facebook group.
It's a nail glue that's being sold on eBay and other sites and burns straight through clothes and other material. God knows what it does to nails!

Thought I'd share it in case you haven't seen it either.
Please note, the pictures on this page are not very nice! :Scared:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Byb-nail-glue-awareness/453169851385406

I've never heard of it either but ouch!!! 😳 X

I buy false eyelashes from china to sell. They come with glue - the glue goes in the bin

Oh my god that poor lady 😦 thats appalling, so scary whats on the market for the public to buy now a days. X

I have seen that glue on fleabay before, thanks for posting x

Good grief!!!!! A warning to all to stick to professional products....bad enough happening to you but imagine if it was a client

Sorry to disappoint you but all ethyl cyanoacrylate (nail adhesive) when spilt on clothes e.g jeans, will react react with the fabric, burn straight through and weld to skin. There have been MANY cases of this, especially with home use kits and some 1st degree burns needing skin grafts.

Nothing to do with eBay products. It will happen with your professional products too!

All nail glue can burn. Back in nail school, a girl thought it'd be a good idea to stick a gem on her cheek to replicate a cheek piercing... with nail glue! Her burn wasn't as bad as that girl's leg, but she had to wear a bandaid on her face til it healed because it hurt being exposed to air.

I've used it, spilt it on my table and all over my hands (duhh) and it done absolutely no damage to me or my nail desk lol x

My cousin tried to buy her own kit instead of coming to me for nails and this glue was in it, I just happened to call into her house and she was in the middle of sticking tips on and she knocked over the glue, she was using her ironing board as a desk and the glue started smoking, then sizzling and bubbling when spilt on the iron board cover, I've never seen the likes of it. I was so shocked to see that happen. She got it on her hands but nothing happened to them, just the ironing board

Ive spilt glue on my finger before and it has hurt and felt like it was burning but no damage was done to the skin...

No way was that from just a drop of glue like the lady said, it must of been a alot!! Id of thought any nail glue could do this if it were perhaps the whole bottle...?

I've used it, spilt it on my table and all over my hands (duhh) and it done absolutely no damage to me or my nail desk lol x

I'm afraid you are missing the point of my post. It is when it goes through fabric that there is an exothermic reaction so high that it will burn skin. A high grade of ethylcyanoacrylate can be used in some surgery. (I have used it to repair a blister on my foot and stop it hurting!!)

Not sure about the girl and her face! Maybe an allergic reaction?

I can't open your link so can't see the product you are talking about...but I've knocked over various glues...all Uk bought and reputable...generally i use OPI or Sally glues, all burn in quantity, I have a hole on my beauty bed via a couch cover and towel...this is what it did to my tunic
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374183071.055102.jpg

Sorry to disappoint you but all ethyl cyanoacrylate (nail adhesive) when spilt on clothes e.g jeans, will react react with the fabric, burn straight through and weld to skin. There have been MANY cases of this, especially with home use kits and some 1st degree burns needing skin grafts.

Nothing to do with eBay products. It will happen with your professional products too!

Good to know.... Thanks for information :hug:

I can't open your link so can't see the product you are talking about...but I've knocked over various glues...all Uk bought and reputable...generally i use OPI or Sally glues, all burn in quantity, I have a hole on my beauty bed via a couch cover and towel...this is what it did to my tunic
View attachment 38637

Yiiiiikes :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Not sure about the girl and her face! Maybe an allergic reaction?

Nope. Definitely a burn. She cut the gem from her little coin purse. Probably the glue reacted to the fabric stuck on the back of it. She wasn't exactly the sharpest crayon.

Arghhh quoted the wrong post :rolleyes:

Is was meant to be about the above image

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

:hug:

I ruined a chair with nail glue. I knocked it over and it 'burnt' through fabric and sponge and was smoking like a BBQ! I then bought those polish holder things to stand the bottle in before I caused any more damage to soft furnishings!

Latest posts

Back