Dark brown to blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahh <3

Reaction score
Im a trainee at francesco academy, doing my first year level two and we havent started our colour module yet, My hair atm is dark brown it was a 4/0 colour but has faded slightly. My natural shade is a very light mousey brown, with natural highlights. I have had my hair blonde before, and would really love to again as this colour is too dark for my skin tone. i was just wondering, what you all think will lift the dark colour out? i live right by the local hair suplliers, so any product you suggest i shoudl be able to get. thanks x

hey they there clarifing/anti dandruff shampoo work quite well,especially combined with bi carb soda [i know it sounds wack but it works!] lemon juice is also good 4 lightning hair naturally but u may have quite a bit of build up it depends on if u hav a permanent or a semi/quasi colour u may hav to get the girls at college to give u a cuple ov gentle bleach baths in conjunction with your home regime 2 get any lighter hth let me no how u get on hun:hug:

Get it done at work or college, anything that you put on it youself wont take evenly as it sounds like the regrowth(natural colour) will have to be treated differently from the ends . Nobody wants blonde roots and dark ginger ends!

so il jus clear up any confusion :Look_righi was recommending a simple service that u can do at home[wen u wash ur hair] that dident require yourself using colour or a strippant to eliminate ure buildup. defo get the girlz at college to do it 4 you

Ive been to the hairdresser today, and they've said they will do me a bleech shampoo to lighten it because my ends are still dark and then put a lighter colour on it and keep doing that gradually, because my roots are very light compared to the rest of my hair and as you said i dont want blonde roots and ginger ends :) alot of people suggested getting full head of highlights and gradually doing it like that, but i think that my roots will still show. My hair colour is the one in the avatar (its a recent picture :) ) thanks for all the advise, i will nip to the shop to buy some bi carbonate soda, i have head and shoulders will that work in lightening my hair? xx

yea it work hunni bout half teaspoon to 1 to 1 n a half cups ov water lyk i sed u can but a sprinkle ov lemon juice in to help and a squirt ov ur heads n shoulderz [i no dare i say it:rolleyes:]lolz:lol::lol: just do that regime inbetween salon visits n u be on the road 2 recovery in no time luvie!! good luck wit it all upload sum pics ov tha end product!!!:D:lick:
emza xx

will do hun, ive just found out i can get my hair stripped at college for half the price.. its just getting in there now. but im sure its worth the wait, ive jad a word with the mca in the salon today. she said we can get it to a caramelly colour, then in a few weeks get a full head of fine highlights and t should lift nicely :) xx

will do hun, ive just found out i can get my hair stripped at college for half the price.. its just getting in there now. but im sure its worth the wait, ive jad a word with the mca in the salon today. she said we can get it to a caramelly colour, then in a few weeks get a full head of fine highlights and t should lift nicely :) xx

Hi Sarah, that sounds lovely , before they apply the new lighter brown colour they will be aiming for an nice orangey shade .... but don't panic because this is usual .... they will then put the lighter brown shade on.

I am glad you are having it done professionally as it may sound simple but .... if you don't have an experienced hairdresser on hand to supervise it
so much can go wrong with timings and application methods ,

So its well worth the wait to have it done properly at college and look forward to those lovely blonde highlights
we would love before and after pics if possible :) minky

Im getting my hair done tomorrow, at college :) very excited now. The MCA at college said we can get it a dark blonde and she is going to help the level 3 do it, and its a bargin 25 quid. for a bleech bath and a full head colour. Im glad i have 25% discount now :D Ill post pictures for you minky. Im also very glad i chose to do it at college or a salon. Last time i made the mistake of thinking i could do it myself and ended up with the underneathe of my hair very very dry and Bright coppery orange and had no toner either, so i had to start college like that. Never mind im more wise now :)xx

Latest posts

Back