Decided on Calgel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweet Candy

Reaction score
Well being a newbie and training up with college man/ped and waxing, have decided that Im going to offer both Shellac and Gel and have decided on Calgel, quite excited I have to say.

Just interested to hear from other Calgel girls and how you found the training? Many thanks,xx

Doing the training in Jan 2011 and waiting to hear back re Shellac training.

Hi have you looked at gelish by nail harmony? l had calgel and shellac and find gelish blows them away l hardly ever use the others x

You have made your choices and they are excellent ones.

Calgel is a good and popular line and there is simply nothing else like Shellac colour coat from CND and the whole world knows it lol. :lol:

I recently did calgel training and I love working with it! Im qualified in L&P and although I prefer using that system theres endless things you can do and an amazing choice of colours! I wear calgel alot now as a overlay and my nails get really long just after 3 weeks wear I really like it. xx

You have made your choices and they are excellent ones.

Calgel is a good and popular line and there is simply nothing else like Shellac colour coat from CND and the whole world knows it lol. :lol:

I agree with Gigi - both fantastic choices and well-known products that will get asked for specifically by brand name: whereas many enquiries are broad requests for 'nail extensions', 'silk wraps', 'false nails' etc, the ones that I get asked for by brand name are 'Shellac' and 'Calgel' (rather than asking for 'gel-polish hybrid' or 'gel nails'). This is excellent, as these clients are specific about what they want, and not every therapist will fill that brief, making it more likely they will find you!

With regards to Calgel training, as with any starter/foundation training, it's just that: a beginning point for you. As long as you are patient and practice lots - concentrating on developing your brush control & skills in the early days (rather than worrying about picking up speed & trying to do a set at pro-speed) - and are committed to ongoing education (we are all still learning, every day), you should do well with both of these products. Patience & practice will be your best friends, in the search for success!

Best of luck hun! x :hug:

Last edited:
Thank you so much fellow geeks, your words of encouragment have made me feel really confident that Im making the right choices.

I will practice practice practice, and let you all know how I get on.

Wooh hooh Im excited, as a married Mum of 35 with two kids, I feel I am entering a new chapter in my life and at long last getting a chance to do something I have always wanted to do.xxxx

I am so determined to make my new business work.:)

Thank you so much fellow geeks, your words of encouragment have made me feel really confident that Im making the right choices.

I will practice practice practice, and let you all know how I get on.

Wooh hooh Im excited, as a married Mum of 35 with two kids, I feel I am entering a new chapter in my life and at long last getting a chance to do something I have always wanted to do.xxxx

I am so determined to make my new business work.:)

I was the same age as you when I started out in the nail business ! No one had barely even heard of nails in the UK. It is an exciting time in our world with unique new things like Shellac, Lumos, Dashing Diva and Minx, truly new and innovative products to excite the consumer. Best of luck on your journey.

From a voice of experience with Calgel.Learn to sculpt really well with the clear as they last much better than with tips so pay extra attention to that in class:) and also do not set your prices too low.As you are aware it is a high priced system and especially sculpts use quite a lot of gel and if you start very low its very hard to suddenly whack up your prices.
Good luck, its a great system i never get bored of doing them its by far my favourite treatment and certainly the training ive had has been excellent.

ive got Calgel training on Sunday and Monday, im really excited will let you know how it goes

Good stuff thanks guys.xxx

Latest posts

Back