Decision to make-women problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nishi85

Reaction score
Evening ladies im in a dilemma and needed some outside thoughts so please help.

Ive always suffered heavy periods with clotting (sorry for tmi) and its been a nightmare hormonal, leaks, fatigue etc etc

Anyway to cut a long story short ive had the coil for 2 years and its still bad cant have anything with hormones or i turn into a nightmare! Went to see the consultant today and my options are strerilisation and removal of the lining (cant temember the actual name). This is permenant.

Im under 30 and already have 2 kids and dont want any more.

Im really torn whether i should do this or not. What do feel about this? Have you had this or know anyone who has and what was it like?

Any opinions would help as i cant really discuss this with many others :( :confused:

Thanks all xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Poor you! My friend had the removal of the lining which they described as like 'microwaving'. It made things so much better for her, she was really pleased with the outcome and it was quick and quite minor to do. Hope you get it sorted x

My bessie mate has had it done as well - it was that or an hysterectomy and it's been fantastic x

What have you already tried?

I'm on the Depo injection and this stops my monthly's - might this work for you?

I thought I didn't want anymore children when I was 29/30, I had a son & a daughter & was very happy - what more could I ask for I had a boy & a girl and was blessed with wonderful children. My relationship with my ex-husband fell apart & we split up.

I met someone new & knew instantly that if he wanted children I would have them with him. I have since had 2 children with him (so I now have 4 children and am 36) & I would happily have more if money & space in our house wasn't an issue.

Although you may feel 100% sure now that you don't want anymore children I would say don't make any decisions that are permanent lightly, ensure you have tried all other options thoroughly first.

I would seriously think about this as it is irreversible and you don't want any regrets xx

Could it be Uterine Ablation? It works wonders and doesnt sterilize you :) I had my tubes tied after our 3rd child at 30 and I get sad that I will never hold a wee one again but it passes quickly and I am very happy with our decision. However, that being said, the monthly cycle did not get lighter or shorter with getting sterilized :(

Cleen Cheeks Spa

Have they looked i to it being endometriosis? I suffer with this & i also cant have any medication including hormones. I tried the depo needle & i will be honest, it was dreadful!!! I had one needle & i was a nighgmare! Put 11lbs on in 12 weeks & felt like poo. Saying that, i haven't had a period since the first needle & that was in february. Wouldn't recommend though as side effects were dreadful.

Ask them to look into endometriosis :) they do a laprascopy to diagnose x

Honestly try the hormonal coil, hormone levels are v low, I have no side effects at all and I am awful with hormones too. The copper coil was vile I was on for 6 months with it then had it changed over and have no probs now xx

I got sterilized many years ago now and from that point my periods were horrendous. I am unable to have hormones so opted for an Endometrial Ablation which turns the lining of your womb to scar tissue. There are several ways to have it done but I had the balloon and hot water method. I won't lie, it was painful, but the results were fantastic. Took a few months to settle down but I've gone from everything to virtually nothing! Unfortunately this does affect your ability to conceive, but as I had already been sterilized, it wasn't a problem. My health was suffering badly, so I know I made the right choice. Sending hugs your way and hope you get sorted soon. 💕

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Are you able to have the Mirena coil? Don't know whether it has hormones or not. It's been AMAZING for me. I had same symptoms as you for over 15 years. Was nearly killed by fainting in front of a truck once!

You need to get as much info as possible before making a decision. Can you get an appointment with a nurse for her to go through it all thoroughly with you.

Hi all sorry for the late reply thanks to waiting for my phone to get repaired ive only got limited internet access.

I defintitely dont want mote children as i had terrible pregnncies and it put a lot of strain on my body and i dont want to be in an out of hospital as its not fair on mu boys. If have considered another baby if i was guanranteed a girl but theres no guaruntee so thats out the window.

Had depo before and that sent me a little weird! Basically anything with hormone in it is a no no.

My monthlys are very heavy and affect my daily life. And make me anaemic too.

Grr this is doing my head in im so so torn as in know its permanent

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back