Delivery costs to Northern Ireland

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaxGirl

Reaction score
Why are we charged such ridiculous delivery costs to Northern Ireland?

They are extortianate

I have looking at one product - nail wraps - and for the same parcel to be delivered in England is £3.50 but to Northern Ireland is £21.50!!!

Now that's excessive

Never ever ever when I have went to the post office have they told me that because I am posting to England or Scotland or Wales that I automatically have to multiply the cost by 6 times what it would be in Northern Ireland

Have other geeks in Northern Ireland found this??

I can't understand why its sooooo excessive

I wish more companies were like spraytansupermarket and eve taylor and genuinely try and help their customers by working to get the lowest delivery costs

The irony is that salons and the beauty trade is doing really well here in Northern Ireland and there is great business from the companies but come on we are intelligent people even we know when prices are ridiculous!

The problem isn't the companies ... It's the couriers. They are the ones imposing the delivery charges. Not much they can do.

The problem isn't the companies ... It's the couriers. They are the ones imposing the delivery charges. Not much they can do.

I hear you but.... this one is Royal Mail regular delivery!!!!

Eve Taylor send a MASSIVE parcel either free or maximum £6

Why don't companies shop around couriers?

That is shocking! It really annoys me when companies profit on delivery charges!

I have questioned charge myself before. I've also used websites like Parcel2Go and arranged for packages to be collected rather then pay their charges.

That is shocking! It really annoys me when companies profit on delivery charges!

I have questioned charge myself before. I've also used websites like Parcel2Go and arranged for packages to be collected rather then pay their charges.

good idea!

I know its like they don't want Northern Irish business

Unfortunately all couriers seem as good (or bad) as each other. We have used DPD, UPS, FedEx, XPD, Tuffnells among others. As soon as look at Northern Ireland for delivery normally a consignment surcharge of approx. £20.

I know it's no consolation but we lose money on just about every parcel we send out.
And we don't charge any extra to send to our lovely NI customers. We still get grief on pretty much a daily basis about not giving free postage.

As an aside it's not just the postage that contributes to the shipping charge; there's the box, the void fillers, the parcel tape, the document pouch, the paper for the invoice and packing slip, and the time to pack it, arrange a courier, take it to the post office etc.

That said £21 odd is too bloody much. I'd be on the blower 'avin' a word!

I feel ya! Postage to N.Ire is a pet hate of mine too! and I too always use the post office/parcel force as a reason for it not needing to cost a bomb like some couriers charge.

Hey all I did get in touch with them and fair play they have listened

and now will send out in standard delivery to Northern Ireland the same as if was posted in England for £3.50 can only send 4 packs of wraps in that size but...

im happy that's good enough I can work with that just order in sets of 4

its nice to see when there is compromise

Latest posts

Back