DENIED for Gastric Bypass

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ms.Matrix

Tweetacular Geek!
Reaction score
Hey geeks!!

Well for all of you who knew my plight regarding my Gastric Bypass surgery, I just wanted to update you all, I got denied!

Yup, it knocked to wind out of my sails and I may be a little down, but definately not out!! I am going to appeal the decision. I hear that this insurance company regularly denies on the first go round...BUT I SHALL NOT BE DETERRED!!!

I fully expect to be coming back on here in a few weeks telling you that I have been approved!!

Oh Yolanda, thats awful. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope that the appeal is successful. Been thinking about you, Yahoo me soon!!
xxx:hug:

I'm sorry to hear this hun. Doesn't sound like you're going to give up so good for you.

Let us know how you get on and GOOD LUCK!

Teri x:hug:

Oh what a bummer! But then you had been warned that they usually decline at first so I guess it wasn't totally unexpected. Praying that you win the appeal hun ... thinking of you MWAH :hug:

Oh no, what a disappointment for you!:hug: I know you were really up for this Yolanda. Dont give up the fight! XX

xxxxxxx - everything crossed for you Yolanda - whatever happens we love ya just the way you are :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yolanda I am sure you will win your appeal and wont let this knock you back :hug:

ON KNOW!!!!
I know how disheartening it can be to be knocked back about something you feel so passionate about.
What was the reason they gave you??

Lets hope that the rumour they knock back everyone first time is true and hope they go on the grounds that 'if the patient wants it that badly, they'll not be detterred' that motto probably saves them a few bob!

I remember the same feeling when I was knocked back by my doc to have it on the NHS..
The doc says its was a postcode lottery and the old girl down the road was still not allowed a new hip due to funding!

I hope you get what you want.. but if the answer is still no.. you'll have to go private like I did.
LOL

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Insurance companies always deny the first time, give it another go, give em some fight.
Good luck !!!

Chin Up, and keep fighting i'm sure your grit and determination will get you want you want. Best of luck.

:hug:

Sorry to hear about the denial!!

But if at first you don't suceed!!! try and try again....

Good luck to you... I'm sure everything will turn out for you..

Sincerely;
the nail fairy:hug: :hug:

All the best Yolanda whichever way it goes

XX J XX

dony let them beet you if it is something you really want.

What reason did they say? - this could perhaps help with your amunition for your appeal.

Have all my appendages crossed for you (makes it difficult to type, however:lol: )

I'm hoping for all the best for you, please keep us posted!!

:hug:

Thanks guys!! You are a great support system to have! :hug:

The reason they gave was because I didn't have 12 months of doctor supervised dieting...but there are a lot of people approved throught the exact same clinic with the exact same insurance that got around it. Mind you I was 403lbs in 2003 and got down to 337lbs from 2003 to 2006 then started gaining again so now I am 364lbs...to me the fact that I lost all that weight should be prood enought that I was doing something, whether it was dr supervised or not!

I am going to do my appeal. I heard from someone else the same thing happened to them and they appealed and was approved within 2 weeks! So I am going with that hope!

Fingers crossed for you buddy xxx

Yeah my fingers are crossed for you too.
Lets hope its quick like 2 weeks too! LOL :green:

Just wanted to say that if anyone needs any information or advice or support regarding the gastric bypass proceedure please feel free to contact me. I had the op on 5th Feb. xx

keeping fighting for it hun x

I had it 2 years ago now. Best decision I ever made in my life .. now I have a life once again.

Congratulations Aviva .. maybe you should contact me!! lol I'm way ahead of you. xxx

Latest posts

Back