Dennis Williams selling Solar Oil, Scrub Fresh, Additives and Nourishing Remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you , id hate to think id upset anyone xxx

There's 20% off at DW this Sunday & Monday for anyone who's interested 🙊

I use CND Shellac exclusively and I've never actually looked at Dennis Williams before. I spend a lot at S2 and I know they don't need to do offers on the products as they get plenty of business.
I've just been on the Dennis Williams website. The shellac is buy 5 get one free? That's amazing, if it's genuine then I'm sorry but I would buy from them!

....are the shellac genuine?!!

I use CND Shellac exclusively and I've never actually looked at Dennis Williams before. I spend a lot at S2 and I know they don't need to do offers on the products as they get plenty of business.
I've just been on the Dennis Williams website. The shellac is buy 5 get one free? That's amazing, if it's genuine then I'm sorry but I would buy from them!

Yep it's genuine!

And S2 probably have never had offers because they've got the lions share of the market! We've had no choice but to buy from them in the past!

I have also looked at website, great offer on shellac, shame I have just bought 5 new colours with s2 :) . As long as it is genuine I will order , they also sale lots of other stock for hair and beauty I would use , are they a new company never heard of them before ??

BMW.
I also would buy from them! That's amazing!!!! Never have done before but this is too good to be true?

Exactly! And what's more....free delivery with orders worth £50 ex VAT...£4.50 (ex VAT) delivery charge if under £50 ex VAT!

Jeez, I sound like I work for Dennis Williams! I don't buy the way, I'm a stay at home mother of one who is just trying to look out for fellow geeks!

I have also looked at website, great offer on shellac, shame I have just bought 5 new colours with s2 :) . As long as it is genuine I will order , they also sale lots of other stock for hair and beauty I would use , are they a new company never heard of them before ??

They have been a wholesale company since 1955!
From what I can see online, they are mostly situated up north.

So for all those naysayers who think that DW's shellac/gelish stock isn't "genuine"... Think for a mo... Why would a company that's been around for so long, risk tarnishing their reputation for the sake of stocking dodgy shellac/gelish?! They wouldn't!

All they are doing is providing the same Shellac/Gelish, for the same price, but with deals (shellac) and offering a better delivery deal!

Last edited:
They have been a wholesale company since 1955!
From what I can see online, they are mostly situated up north.

So for all those naysayers who think that DW's shellac/gelish stock isn't "genuine"... Think for a mo... Why would a company that's been around for so long, risk tarnishing their reputation for the sake of stocking dodgy shellac/gelish?! They wouldn't!

I'm gonna have a look tomorrow I want locket love!

That's along time trading ! Well I'm gonna give them a go !

Personally I'll be sticking with S2 - yes it may mean more £ than DW, but at least I know I'm getting the support & training of CND from S2 - something that DW can't offer. I'm not slating DW I've used them for beauty purposes for over 17 yrs x

20% off or a VAT free?

VAT is 20% hun so it's the same amount, although they call it VAT free it technically isn't as they aren't allowed to choose not to pay tax xx

BMW.

Exactly! And what's more....free delivery with orders worth £50 ex VAT...£4.50 (ex VAT) delivery charge if under £50 ex VAT!

See this is what I have never understood with regards to the S2 delivery charge, as so many outlets have lower thresholds to get free delivery. For me personally it means I am more likely to order more frequently and not be so tight with the purse strings with a lower spend amount needed. But I'm just a little Joe Bloggs doing very few nails, so also struggling with staying on the locator. So if I'm not staying on there I'm struggling to find reasons to continue my loyalty.

See this is what I have never understood with regards to the S2 delivery charge, as so many outlets have lower thresholds to get free delivery. For me personally it means I am more likely to order more frequently and not be so tight with the purse strings with a lower spend amount needed. But I'm just a little Joe Bloggs doing very few nails, so also struggling with staying on the locator. So if I'm not staying on there I'm struggling to find reasons to continue my loyalty.

Yes, same as me!
And personally, being fairly new to the industry, I'm sick of feeling like I'm being mis-informed or even lied to by the big companies.
Now, I've never heard or seen S2 or any if it's employees say anything themselves about Dennis Williams selling CND Shellac. But, there are plenty of threads on this forum and plenty of geeks with a whole lot more experience and product knowledge on here saying "Sweet Squared are aware of this and are working to have this stopped" or " ooooh if Samuel Sweet knew about this, they'd be in big trouble".......�� I'm sorry, when did Sweet Squared become the mafia?! And when did Samuel Sweet become a Soprano?!

Someone, somewhere is feeding us ****** and I for one have had enough!

If you want to play the big business game Sweet Squared, you have to take the rough with the smooth. Other businesses can and WILL sell CND products, just like you (only with deals and better delivery rates....cough), like it or lump it!
The customer wants quality and decent prices, they are attracted to deals and saving money where possible. They want good customer service (Love and Respect all you want... CND lamp issue and threads on here about that!) ok, ok, sweet squared have good customer service records (before I get a flogging!)

Small businesses that are just starting out, don't have money to throw around. We can't afford your £125 limit before we get free shipping, Sweet Squared. We sometimes can't afford to keep buying products to stay on your salon locator. We're starting out, we want deals....... Oh hello Dennis Williams!

Sorry to rant, but this has really got my goat!

P.s- bravo Dennis Williams for standing up to the 'big boy bullies!'

Last edited by a moderator:
Hilarious! Angelgorg I can't help thinking all you say is true! I have a hunch we are passive consumers, once again accepting whatever companies tell us with no question! It is time to think outside the box.

I always bought from sweet squared before but now I am very tempted to venture off elsewhere!

What happens when a company take on distribution rights to a product ie S2 signed a contract with CND to become the sole distributor for CND products in the UK & now Ireland. Samuel Sweet has written on Salon geek about this issue, and also Samantha Sweet has written an article in The Guild magazine regarding distributors etc. Wholesalers in the US who sign a contract with CND & part of that contract is that they do not export the product outside of their business - but one wholesaler in the US is clearly going behind CND to sell onto DW - not illegal but they are breaking their contract with CND (I would imagine). They are so many Cnd sub dist/wholesalers in US CND won't know who is responsible, and it will take time to find out, hence DW not been forthcoming in who they are receiving their Cnd products from.
Now DW maybe selling the products cheaper, but for how long? As I've said above I won't be purchasing from DW but I do understand techs becoming annoyed since DW have offers, VAT free days etc. X

I have to jump in here, I have looked into using S2 but declined to stock their products due to the way distribution is set up here in the UK. I think we should have the freedom to buy where we like and get the best prices etc. Companies/distributors have been guilty of scaremongering for far too long. You must buy the whole system/no other lamp will work/you will over/undercure, the list goes on...

We can all tell the real from the fake and the good companies from the dodgy ones - we're business people at the end of the day - we should have the right to choose. I have bought various products from various companies and never been disappointed - and saved a bundle at the same time!!

Rant over :wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back