Dennis Williams selling Solar Oil, Scrub Fresh, Additives and Nourishing Remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sticking with S2, I trust them and their stock/products ..... Enough said x

Anyone that purchases from the unauthorised distributors also supports a company who sell professional products, to non-professionals.

So when Mabel down the road buys her Shellac/Gelish with no formal qualifications, sets up in her lounge and starts undercutting you, you've got nothing to moan about!

Anyone that purchases from the unauthorised distributors also supports a company who sell professional products, to non-professionals.

So when Mabel down the road buys her Shellac/Gelish with no formal qualifications, sets up in her lounge and starts undercutting you, you've got nothing to moan about!

No moaning from me, it's just my opinion 😇
It's a dog eat dog world out there after all.

I don't think DW have too much to hide, because after all, they aren't hiding it!
20% off is a good deal and let's face it we like a good deal :)

I don't moan either I have come to accept competition! Such is life!

Although I don't like the idea of buying old out of date stock!!!

I personally don't see that the "cheap salon" analogy is correct.

We are not talking about NSS, we are not talking about untrained techs or unsanitary salons, we are not talking about salons who use cheap products, we are not talking about the DIY mob.

We are talking about trained, qualified, insured techs using decent branded products but being able to buy them at a lower price. If the decent salon up the road from me is charging the same price for the same high quality service but they are paying less for their products, they are making a higher profit than me.

Clearly we should not confuse this issue by talking about training. Obviously the big companies are the best for that. However, their training is not free (and in fact is often the most expensive). Most of us would still choose to spend our training budgets with them. That does not mean, in a free market, that we have to spend every penny with them.

Are there really any of you out there that buy 100% of your products from one supplier?

We all run our own businesses, we are all free to decide where we buy our genuine branded products.

I still don't think that it is a coincidence that all these new suppliers have suddenly popped up. What has changed the game?

I will shop where and when I choose to get the best deals - its called good business, rather than blindly accepting what I am told by companies who have cornered the market. This world runs on competition whether we like it or not. I don't care about Mabel down the road, I care about my business, my clients, my standards. Rant over...

DW ask for proof of qualifications for a trade card so not quite sure what your point is?

DW ask for proof of qualifications for a trade card so not quite sure what your point is?

My point is, that I was able to set up an online account in two minutes and purchase whatever I liked. All I had to do was tick a box to say I was a professional.

I put some Shellac in my basket and took it right up to the part where I would pay for it. No restrictions whatsoever.

My point is, that I was able to set up an online account in two minutes and purchase whatever I liked. All I had to do was tick a box to say I was a professional.

I put some Shellac in my basket and took it right up to the part where I would pay for it. No restrictions whatsoever.

Perhaps they check AFTER you make the purchase? The same way s2 does at the shows?

We are not talking about NSS, we are not talking about untrained techs or unsanitary salons, we are not talking about salons who use cheap products, we are not talking about the DIY mob.

We are talking about trained, qualified, insured techs using decent branded products but being able to buy them at a lower price. If the decent salon up the road from me is charging the same price for the same high quality service but they are paying less for their products, they are making a higher profit than me.

Clearly we should not confuse this issue by talking about training. Obviously the big companies are the best for that. However, their training is not free (and in fact is often the most expensive). Most of us would still choose to spend our training budgets with them. That does not mean, in a free market, that we have to spend every penny with them.

Are there really any of you out there that buy 100% of your products from one supplier?

We all run our own businesses, we are all free to decide where we buy our genuine branded products.

I still don't think that it is a coincidence that all these new suppliers have suddenly popped up. What has changed the game?

If you are commenting on my post then I think you need to read it again. I'm not disagreeing about healthy competition in prices and, more importantly, choices. I am pointing out the differences that sellers provide to their customers.

If this industry was populated by "trained, qualified and insured techs" there would be no problem at all. But it isn't.

I agree with you about the change. Something has radically changed and I wonder what it is!

Well said- I wanted to post words to this affect but kept chickening out! I totally agree though.

I suppose only time will tell....

Perhaps they check AFTER you make the purchase? The same way s2 does at the shows?

Selling to the public at shows has always been the one thing that has disallowed S2 to boast that they only sell to professionals, so I'm really pleased that this is now a thing of the past if I have read your post right.

Reactions: LCB
Well said- I wanted to post words to this affect but kept chickening out! I totally agree though.

I suppose only time will tell....

That is exactly what I was thinking...couldn't find the words lol.

Reactions: LCB
Selling to the public at shows has always been the one thing that has disallowed S2 to boast that they only sell to professionals, so I'm really pleased that this is now a thing of the past if I have read your post right.

Is it a thing of the past?

Oh no, I was hoping it was. I obviously read your post wrong about them checking afterwards. Oh well, things remain the same then and they continue to serve the pro as well as the public. :D

Oh no, I was hoping it was. I obviously read your post wrong about them checking afterwards. Oh well, things remain the same then and they continue to serve the pro as well as the public. :D

I believe so.... Perhaps someone from s2 could clarify this for us.

Think if im right yes dw has 20% off but u might find one u have to spend over fifty pound to qualify n ive been before and certain products not included in it like tigi and sure shellac wasnt included in promo. I wont buy shellac from dw as i like the customer service, salon locator and everything i get from S2

I don't believe there has been any "change" that is suddenly allowing it. I believe that a distributor of CND in a different territory (perhaps US for example) has chosen to break their contract with CND and sell outwith the zone they are allowed to (i.e to DW). This could be for many reasons, perhaps they just want to make more money, perhaps they have a a whole load of old stock they need to shift, perhaps they are no longer a distributor for CND and have a whole load of stuff still in their warehouse they can't shift at home. Whatever reason it is, they have broken their contract with CND to not sell outwith the territory they are allowed to. It may take CND a while to figure out who it is, but when they do they will have a legal position to put a stop to it through breach of contract if they are still a current distributor. Either way, there is no way to know if it's old out of shelf life, recalled etc. stock. Since they are selling discontinued colours I would tend to believe it's old.

The choice is yours.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

How long have they been selling Shellac? Surely if the products DW are selling were not fit for use then someone would have said something by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back