Deposits During December

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellyT

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was hoping you could advice me on what to do here.
I'm based on a forces camp in Germany and in December there are soooo many xmas do's going on that people are booking me up already!

As much as this is wonderful i dont want to experience no shows when i might have had to turn people away saying im booked up! (But i am planning on doing a wait list incase!)

I'm thinking about taking deposits to cover myself so i dont lose any earnings.
What would you suggest? Or do any of you do this already?
Should I take a percentage or minimum amount?

Thankyou for your time

Hi All,

I was hoping you could advice me on what to do here.
I'm based on a forces camp in Germany and in December there are soooo many xmas do's going on that people are booking me up already!

As much as this is wonderful i dont want to experience no shows when i might have had to turn people away saying im booked up! (But i am planning on doing a wait list incase!)

I'm thinking about taking deposits to cover myself so i dont lose any earnings.
What would you suggest? Or do any of you do this already?
Should I take a percentage or minimum amount?

Thankyou for your time

I would take a 50% deposit or pre-payment of the whole amount if they wish (some will like this idea of pre-payment now rather than so close to the holiday itself). Very sensible idea. I think you percentage should be a large one so if you do experience a no show you do have a substantial amount to show for the waste of your valuable time.

Ah - yes, pre-payment does sound like a good idea! i think that would go down well.

Thanks for that Geeg, that has put my mind at rest!

We've just been told that we now cannot take a booking unless the person pays a £10 deposit, and that's for all appointments, any time of year, due to too many people not turning up. We had a no-show on saturday, who was a soak off and new set, which meant alot of time and money lost.

I'd say go for it. If they refuse, they'd probably be more likely to be a no show, otherwise they'll pay!

We've just been told that we now cannot take a booking unless the person pays a £10 deposit, and that's for all appointments, any time of year, due to too many people not turning up. We had a no-show on saturday, who was a soak off and new set, which meant alot of time and money lost.

I'd say go for it. If they refuse, they'd probably be more likely to be a no show, otherwise they'll pay!

A 10% deposit is no recompense for no shows ... you might as well get nothing as 10% which in my opinion doesn't begin to cover the cost of a no show. If no shows are a real problem then you need to take a much heftier deposit.

I always took deposits for December appointments, after being caught out rather badly one Christmas.
My clients loved the idea and usually paid at least 50% deposit, because, as Geeg said, this left them with less to pay the week of their 'Do'.

A 10% deposit is no recompense for no shows ... you might as well get nothing as 10% which in my opinion doesn't begin to cover the cost of a no show. If no shows are a real problem then you need to take a much heftier deposit.

I said £10 hunny, not 10% :green: :hug:

I will be taking 50% deposit during December too. How much notice do you think would be reasonable for cancellations?

I will be taking 50% deposit during December too. How much notice do you think would be reasonable for cancellations?

At that time of the year I would say 72 hours at least, or they loose their deposit if you can not reschedule.

I think its a great idea, I certainly wouldn't object unless I was a really really good client.

It puts ownership on the client, they have paid a deposit, they will more than likely turn up for it or ensure full notice given.

I am so glad i asked now!
I have done it! I've said a minimum of 50% deposit or to make things easier for them to pre pay before the appointment in full!
Everyone loves the idea, and like someone said on here - the ones who do moan are probably gonna be the ones who lose their money!

Thankyou x

At that time of the year I would say 72 hours at least, or they loose their deposit if you can not reschedule.

Sound advice as usual! Thanks Gigi! xx:hug:

Latest posts

Back