dermalogica < again >

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam20

Reaction score
:green: hi ive been suffering from bad spots around my jawline and lower cheeks plus my skin is easily irrated , blemish prone ,and can get dry i want to ask all you very nice people out there that would this be a good regime for me to use twice a day : pre cleanse : anti bac wash : daily microfoliant:active moist plus ill have a masque every 2 days which is skin refing masque would it be ok to use all thease products as my routine and ok to use twice aday apart from masque as there is no salons at all near me so im hoping to get advice from you plus im open to options to diffrent routines as im going to order them on the internet on saturday thank you all

If you have acne then use the antibacterial wash but if it is just a few spots then the dermal clay cleanser would be fine. You should use the pre cleanse and then cleanser and active moist both morning and evening. I use the daily microfoliant in the evenings only but just once a day is fine. Most of the masques are supposed to be used once a month so try that first before you go for twice a week.

If you do use the anti-bacterial wash you will need to change to the dermal clay or special cleansing gel in a few weeks when your skin has improved so it doesn't dry out too much. Also the medicated clearing gel and special clearing booster are very good on specific areas if your skin is very bad.

i've got a question about pre-cleanse...why???? Why on earth would you need to "pre-cleanse" your skin before cleansing?! Surley dermalogica cleansers aren't so bad that you would need an extra product to help it out!

Any dermalogica trained geek educate me please because it just seems to me another product to squeeze cash out of your clients!! Don't get me wrong, i retail products myself and reap the commission but i wouldn't sell them something that seems unecessary.

Any explanation welcome!!

dermalogica is acually one of the best skin care lines they will never sell out of a mall or an infomercial only through a salon... as far as the pre-cleasne it is a skin prep it clears the skin of debris and preps the pores and follicules to be cleasned that way when you cleanse you are not having to work through that and the cleanser is able to preform its job better

dermalogica is acually one of the best skin care lines they will never sell out of a mall or an infomercial only through a salon... as far as the pre-cleasne it is a skin prep it clears the skin of debris and preps the pores and follicules to be cleasned that way when you cleanse you are not having to work through that and the cleanser is able to preform its job better

hey becca
thanx for your reply! I've actually used dermalogica myself, we had it at college and i have to say, personally, i don't think thier products are that special. They best thing about them is that they have an excellent marketing and PR company who manages to get thier name in every magazine under the sun. They also have one of the cheapest start up costs which is why, i suspect, alot of salons stock thier products.

As for the purpose of "pre-cleanse" what sort of debris are you expecting to find on someones skin? A few twigs, a couple of stones??!! Surely when you you do a superficial cleanse you are removing any dirt and makeup from from the skin so when you do a second deep cleanse, the skin is cleansed properly. I mean come on, there really is no need to "pre-cleanse".

This is just my opinion, i'm entitled to one like anybody else.:green: Thank you for your reply xx

It doesn't cost any more to use pre-cleanse because it saves you cleansing the skin twice, I.e, you use the precleanse as the first part of the double cleanse. Its cheaper than the cleanser as well and all my clients find that their cleanser goes further by using the pre cleanse first.

Saying all that i actually use pre-cleanse as a cleanser on my skin as its fab for sensitive skin and removes water-proof mascara etc really easily.

hey becca
thanx for your reply! I've actually used dermalogica myself, we had it at college and i have to say, personally, i don't think thier products are that special. They best thing about them is that they have an excellent marketing and PR company who manages to get thier name in every magazine under the sun. They also have one of the cheapest start up costs which is why, i suspect, alot of salons stock thier products.

I have tp agree, i dont think the products are that fantastic, but they do have a very good name.

As far as start up costs go, id hardly say its cheap!! You would have to do near on 100 facials before you made just the initial minimum start up back. (i think im working on the right figures here!)

i've got a question about pre-cleanse...why???? Why on earth would you need to "pre-cleanse" your skin before cleansing?! Surley dermalogica cleansers aren't so bad that you would need an extra product to help it out!

Any dermalogica trained geek educate me please because it just seems to me another product to squeeze cash out of your clients!! Don't get me wrong, i retail products myself and reap the commission but i wouldn't sell them something that seems unecessary.

Any explanation welcome!!

I have to say ive tried a sample of this product & its fab ! My skin was so smooth after, i was really suprised. Can't emplain the logic behind it as im not dermalogica trained but i was impressed with the product (not enough to pay £20 for another cleanser though!)

I have tp agree, i dont think the products are that fantastic, but they do have a very good name.

As far as start up costs go, id hardly say its cheap!! You would have to do near on 100 facials before you made just the initial minimum start up back. (i think im working on the right figures here!)

when i said one of the cheapest startup costs, i meant in comparison to other professional brands, i.e. Guinot Decleor Matis etc. :green:

It doesn't cost any more to use pre-cleanse because it saves you cleansing the skin twice, I.e, you use the precleanse as the first part of the double cleanse. Its cheaper than the cleanser as well and all my clients find that their cleanser goes further by using the pre cleanse first.

Saying all that i actually use pre-cleanse as a cleanser on my skin as its fab for sensitive skin and removes water-proof mascara etc really easily.

Isn't that still doing two cleanse though ? Once with pre cleanse then once with your normal cleanser ?

no i was thinking i would find a tree couple of bushes... why ask what a product is and the use if u really dont care what the answer is just curious

Yes it is still cleansing twice - 1st pre cleanse, 2nd specific cleanser. But the pre cleanse is better at removing make-up so the cleanser works more effectively when you cleanse properly.

Also it is expensive but it depends on who you compare it to. Its comparable to clinique, clarins, decleor etc. Although the initial start up costs are prohibitive we have more than doubled the amount of facials we do since switiching to Dermalogica so if you can afford it its well worth it.

hi ive just bought the dermal clay, daily microfoliant and active moist which cost me £50 so would it be ok just to use thease products as cant really afford anymore i dont wear make up only once every 2 weeks i have a few spots on my jawline but cant say its acne thank you

Yes if its just the odd spot then that routine will be perfect. If you do wear make-up cleanse twice otherwise once will do. Let us know how you get on.

no i was thinking i would find a tree couple of bushes... why ask what a product is and the use if u really dont care what the answer is just curious

I just wanted to make sure i had my facts straight about "pre-cleanse" before i dismissed it. Thanx for confirming it!:green:

Yes it is still cleansing twice - 1st pre cleanse, 2nd specific cleanser. But the pre cleanse is better at removing make-up so the cleanser works more effectively when you cleanse properly.

Also it is expensive but it depends on who you compare it to. Its comparable to clinique, clarins, decleor etc. Although the initial start up costs are prohibitive we have more than doubled the amount of facials we do since switiching to Dermalogica so if you can afford it its well worth it.

just wanted to say thay clinique aren't a professional brand and i doubt The International Dermal Institute would appreciate Dermalogica being compared to clinique.

Thats it, i've said all i want to on the matter!! :green:

just wanted to say thay clinique aren't a professional brand and i doubt The International Dermal Institute would appreciate Dermalogica being compared to clinique.
:green:

I agree 100% with this statement.

Anyway, back to the orginal post... your skin care regime is perfectly fine. I wouldn't change a thing. One thing to remember, is that no skin care line is going to be a cure for acne... and the products you are using are designed to help soothe, calm and heal breakouts when they happen, and help to diminish the amount of breakouts you get. Breakout activity around the mouth and jaw are hormonal, so they are still going to pop up every month around cycle time, you just need to treat them as they happen, and your products will help keep them under control.

The medicated clearing gel is a wonderful product to add to what you are currently using, you can use it as a spot treatment before bed... works great at healing up those pimples.

Hi Sam. I noticed someone suggested you try the dermal clay cleanser. It worries me a little that you said your skin is easily irritated though. Your skin sounds pretty much the same as mine. I used the dermal clay cleanser for a couple of weeks and it brought me out in what looked like eczema all round my nose - not pleasant. If you do use it, don't use it every day, I'd say. Maybe just when you want to give yourself a mini-facial.

Hi Sam. I noticed someone suggested you try the dermal clay cleanser. It worries me a little that you said your skin is easily irritated though. Your skin sounds pretty much the same as mine. I used the dermal clay cleanser for a couple of weeks and it brought me out in what looked like eczema all round my nose - not pleasant. If you do use it, don't use it every day, I'd say. Maybe just when you want to give yourself a mini-facial.

I have to agree with this. I'd stick with the anti-bac... it designed to calm and soothe, so even sensitive skin can use it.

hi ive just started using dermalogica im using the demal clay and ive noticed that its started bring out some spots they are big with yellow heads and some ar just small red ones only around my jawline and cheeks is this normal plus my forehead is dry skin flaking off should i only cleanse once in the morning as im doing it twice in morning and 1 at night plus would this help with blackheads as i suffer from them on my nose

hi ive just started using dermalogica im using the demal clay and ive noticed that its started bring out some spots they are big with yellow heads and some ar just small red ones only around my jawline and cheeks is this normal plus my forehead is dry skin flaking off should i only cleanse once in the morning as im doing it twice in morning and 1 at night plus would this help with blackheads as i suffer from them on my nose

everything you are describing is normal... however, when you start with dermal clay you should actally only cleanse once per day with it for the first week, then move to twice a day. The flaking is perfectly normal, and exfoliating regularly will help with this as well. Are you using the medicated clearing gel? This is great for breakouts and for blackheads.

Latest posts

Back