Dermalogica, should I or shouldn't I?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjaysbeauty

Reaction score
Ok, my question too all is, facial companies, I'm currently looking to take on a new range, dermalogica seams to be my fave so far, I have a rep coming to me at the end of April, the opening order is not too bad, as there are good options to help with the repayments (eg not have to pay all at once)& training is free.
I currently use eve Taylor, but when clients ask what products i use, they've never heard of them, so are a bit warey, I don't use the products on myself as I have very sensitive skin, and never got on with them, but they smell lovely.
I currently use dermalogica and my skin is so much better.
Do any of you geeks know of any other companies with a similar opening order, that offer free training?
It's getting nearer to sign on the dotted line,but with so much negativity about dermalogica at the moment, I'm getting cold feet.
Decisions decisions, help !to be honest it is the name that attracts me, and the fact clients can't buy it in the local debenhams. :Scared:

Um, but clients can buy it on eBay...

Clients can buy pretty much anything online. I loved dermalogica, training is excellent and they are supportive. You get a real knowledge of the ingredients etc xx

Yes they can Lynn, as with most popular brands, but now a days it's hard to stop it. And a lot of my clients, friends & family want the product There & then, I've tested all the leading brands on myself, all but Swiss dermal Lynn, but this was because I've never heard of it till recently. Maybe ill ring them today, get some info.

We refuse to allow any of our trade customers to sell SwissDermyl on auction or discount sites. It will always remain a salon exclusive product.
We'll also never impose minimum orders either!
Give us a call on 01635 749749 and see how we support small businesses.

Very hard to stop someone selling anything on eBay! Xx

I'm not a fan of Dermalogica for the simple reason that all their advertising was in support of their therapists, making it a salon only line, and suddenly it's available absolutely everywhere (virtually). Yes, a lot of products can be bought on line, but some companies try and prevent this happening, and because it happens without the companies approval, there is no guarantee that what you are buying is genuine, or within date. Dermalogica just seem to be the more the merrier. I personally wanted a range that would encourage the clients loyalty to me, not where they visit me, get advice on products, then go online and get the cheapest deal. I carry Swissdermyl and Environ for their great range, excellent results, fantastic products and the biggie for me - salon exclusive!

Its one thing being able to get retail sizes on discount sites and ebay,but its also very easy to get the salon sizes and professional only range products from dermalogica.They seem to have no control whatsoever.

Very hard to stop someone selling anything on eBay! Xx

We have an alert set up for Swissdermyl on eBay. If it pops up (which it rarely does) then we investigate and one of two things happens.
If it's a retail customer we buy the product off them for whatever they want.
If it's a trade customer we contact them, remind them that they're not allowed to sell it on eBay and ask them why they're selling it. Then we buy it back from them for what we sold it to them for.

If it's a sample as part of a bigger lot then ok, we allow it to go through. We've even had some very cheeky bloggers sell our samples when they're supposed to be reviewing them!

I use Dermalogica and love it, their products are great, my clients really love the products and my retail and repeat facial bookings are good. Their training is great and the fact it's free is even better!!! My rep is friendly and supportive. The professional products on eBay are always ridiculously overpriced! Shellac is also all over eBay but it doesn't stop clients coming into salons for the service x

Ok, my question too all is, facial companies, I'm currently looking to take on a new range, dermalogica seams to be my fave so far, I have a rep coming to me at the end of April, the opening order is not too bad, as there are good options to help with the repayments (eg not have to pay all at once)& training is free.
I currently use eve Taylor, but when clients ask what products i use, they've never heard of them, so are a bit warey, I don't use the products on myself as I have very sensitive skin, and never got on with them, but they smell lovely.
I currently use dermalogica and my skin is so much better.
Do any of you geeks know of any other companies with a similar opening order, that offer free training?
It's getting nearer to sign on the dotted line,but with so much negativity about dermalogica at the moment, I'm getting cold feet.
Decisions decisions, help !to be honest it is the name that attracts me, and the fact clients can't buy it in the local debenhams. :Scared:

Im in the exact same position as you. Im nearing the dotted line. I agree its everywhere now but I don't see many salons taking it out so ut nust do well for them. I think its one of the best brands for salon support and training about

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I think peopleshould remember that dermalogica is HUGE!! This contributes to the reason is is sold in so many places etc. it is no longer a small company that can or want to keep tracks on whose selling it and why. It would be practically impossible. Also they obviously have the demand to be doing this in the first place. And the drmand doesnt seem to be foung down it seems to be going up. Then you have your facials, people cant buy these on ebay so you will still benefit. I love dermalogica but do think the start up should be less for smaller salons. To the op if you use it and love it so will your clients xx

Excuse the spelling bloody iphone doesnt scroll down as i type so i cant see what im writing!!

Thanks for your replies ladies, I phoned Swiss dermyl today, they are sending me some samples so ill give them a go, also customer service very helpful, ill let you know the route I take as soon as I decide.

I currently stock Dermalogica and have done for 6 years, unfortunately due to their lack of support( unless you spend a stupid amount of money per month you get no rep visits!!) and the fact that's it's all over the Internet nd now in Harvey Nics ....before long it will be in boots!! So I am looking for a better brand for me , my business and my clients!!!!

I have used Dermalogica for four years and I love it I have just worked. My way up to expert therapist.
There training is second to none and my clients Dermalogica the product sells its self so I say sign on the dotted line..... So what you can buy this on eBay but they don't have the expertise and product knowledge you will have 😀

I have used Dermalogica for four years and I love it I have just worked. My way up to expert therapist.
There training is second to none and my clients Dermalogica the product sells its self so I say sign on the dotted line..... So what you can buy this on eBay but they don't have the expertise and product knowledge you will have 😀

Snap! Dermalogica has been the best thing I have ever done for my business, their support is amazing and I have no problem retailing products at all. The training is the best and I can confidently say that now I have worked my way up to expert status there isn't another therapist in my town that is as passionate and well informed about skin as me, might sound cocky but I've worked really hard and now my customers know I have the knowledge to properly recommend and advise them on their skincare not just sell them something to get their money. And all the trainings free!
The only reason I would say 'don't do it' would be if your salon is within a 5 mile radius of mine, don't want you stealing my clients :) haha xxx

Good luck

I stock dermalogica and yes they are bad point but the positive out weigh them! Rubbish customer service though!!

If I was to make the decision again today it would still be dermalogica any more Qs feel free to pm me!

We use dermalogica and after using loads of brands it's the best yes u can get it online but our sales are in excess of £2000 a month and if ur giving your clients the full package they will be loyal plus on eBay there not much cheaper and they have to wait our clients like to beable to come and pick up a product xxxx

Hi! How much is it to take on Dermalogica? X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back