Dermalogica skin kits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exquisitebeauty

Reaction score
ok well this is a little bit of a rant more than anything but since dermalogica bought out the age smart kit then the medi bac kits an now the new ultra calming kit they've doubled the prices of the kits to 40 odd quid! which 4 a kit i think is expensive from 24.75 i think clients will stop buying the kits eventually as they ain't exactly put much more in the ultra calming kit. And also have you noticed that they said no more price increase yet they re branded the ultra calming range an shrunk the barrier rep by 3 or 4mls yet put it up by bout 4 pounds ! i think they have a real cheek. what do other stockists think should we start a campaigne now before they re brand everything an all the kits retail as 40quid plus???

totally agree!! Its getting so expensive I am seriously considering changing.

I agree to, I love Dermalogica but the prices are getting ridiculous, I'm finding it hard to justify these prices to my clients x

i kno for wat they are they aint put much in the kits to justify over a 10 pound increase its stupid an wats annoyed me even more they have started with the samples charging u 2 reward points for the new ultra calming range samples

I agree with all of your comments. They have got far too big for their boots and think they are indispensable.

It is such a real shame as I do love the brand, and my clients do too.

I think a campaign needs to be started, even to get them to retrack and only allow professional skin care therapist to sell their products.

Taking on another brand, means more money, product training and knowledge of 2 brands. Clients querying why they should choose the new brand over Dermalogica.

Count me in if you anyone does start up a petition to take the UK and US Head offices.

:irked: ... i totally agree with u all .... we use dermalogica in our salon and i love the whole range, but 40 quid is far 2 much for customers 2 pay when they are used 2 the 24.50 kits

I do love the brand but yes I agree with the kits and the segmented range. I asked my trainer when I was there why the segmented lines were more expensive and she said because the grey line uses parabens as preservitives and all the other lines use organic acid instead and this is a more expensive ingredient. Unfortunately if there was no hype over parabens this wouldnt have happend, thanks a lot Dr Philippa Darbre :Grope:

I do love the brand but yes I agree with the kits and the segmented range. I asked my trainer when I was there why the segmented lines were more expensive and she said because the grey line uses parabens as preservitives and all the other lines use organic acid instead and this is a more expensive ingredient. Unfortunately if there was no hype over parabens this wouldnt have happend, thanks a lot Dr Philippa Darbre :Grope:

Ok, so how do other companies that dont use parabens and use the organic acids then manage to keep their costs down?

It was my understanding that the segmented lines were more advanced in formulations and ingredients than the grey line, which they deffinately are.
Surely its that which makes them more costly rather than the paraben excuse - I think thats quite lame really (not of you but the reply you got)

Ok, so how do other companies that dont use parabens and use the organic acids then manage to keep their costs down?

It was my understanding that the segmented lines were more advanced in formulations and ingredients than the grey line, which they deffinately are.
Surely its that which makes them more costly rather than the paraben excuse - I think thats quite lame really (not of you but the reply you got)

I had no response for her as I don't know any other line that uses organic acid? But now that you have pointed it out, yes I see your point. I find it walks of the shelves for me so I will be keeping it. I dont think there is anything to be done, they wont change...

There was quite a lengthy thread on here yesterday about the price of Dermalogica, someone got hold of Jane wurwoods email and I think they were starting up a petition x

---
I am here: Google Maps

carli692 it was me that got a reply because i always complaint to the head of the north and glenn poy head of uk. I also in the past emailed the us an have had and now with the petition ill be putting my terms and conditions in an highlighting a certain part as dermalogica is only ment to be in authorised salons and spa yet today my friend was at gatwick airport and took a lovely photograph of a dermalogica counter!!! and i got told when i was complaining to fiona head of the north about them in dept stores such as harvey nicks in manchester an few other places ive been told there excuse to move the goal posts was there was a beauty room within the dept store with a couch an it was acceptable however my friend just said there was no beauty room or couch so dermalogica you don't follow your own terms an conditions what excuse am i gonna get now for you to wriggle out off i will be starting a petition on here for stockist to put there name salon name an area there in an i will be sending it to the us and to glenn poy

Attachments

• IMG00073-20110916-1047.jpg
    IMG00073-20110916-1047.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 169
Sorry to butt into your thread but thought you guys would know best! I totally agree with you all and I'm thinking of changing brands the only thing keeping me with Dermalogica is the fact I had to pay so much in my start up costs! Also I've been on eBay earlier and noticed ALOT of people selling the professional sized products!! I'm going to call Dermalogica on Monday and complain- should they not have staff looking on eBay everyday and shutting down these accounts?! Just want to know if anyone else has called up before for same reason and what reply was? X

Sorry to butt into your thread but thought you guys would know best! I totally agree with you all and I'm thinking of changing brands the only thing keeping me with Dermalogica is the fact I had to pay so much in my start up costs! Also I've been on eBay earlier and noticed ALOT of people selling the professional sized products!! I'm going to call Dermalogica on Monday and complain- should they not have staff looking on eBay everyday and shutting down these accounts?! Just want to know if anyone else has called up before for same reason and what reply was? X

yup i have blushbeauty and ive complained to fiona head of the north i have posted a petition on here if you follow the link an instructions thanks

it's interesting to hear what you say about them not following their own terms and conditions.

Dermologica have a cart in the shopping centre Milton Keynes selling their items. The have a counter with 2 - 3 facial steamers and what looks like a therapist manning the counter however as far as I am aware they are not selling treatments just the items and the set up is so they can demonstrate the products to the customer

The petition is a good idea!! It just annoys me that I could spend time on a client doing face mapping and recommending certain products to them and then they go home and buy it all from eBay!! X

The petition is a good idea!! It just annoys me that I could spend time on a client doing face mapping and recommending certain products to them and then they go home and buy it all from eBay!! X

I tell clients (because it is true) that the products sold on ebay and the likes are either counterfeit, the real bottles with something else inside, stolen or past the sell by date. I also ask 'would you buy medication or supplements off the internet?' Most say no because they fear it wont be the correct stuff, so I explain its just as important to know what you are putting on your skin as your skin is an organ that will absorb everything! Any client I have ever told that to buy off me.

I also had a client for the first time in (for a wax) and we got chatting about her skin. She said she has many problems with acne so I began to tell her about the products. She said she reacted so badly to......special cleansing gel?? Wtf? I asked if she still had the product so she brought it in for m to see the next time. The bottle was dermalogica alright. So I tried a bit on my hand. It wasn't Dermalogica at all. The client then bought products from me (very nervously but wanting to give it another go) and no reaction. Just shows you...

You are right Curlywurly.
Anyways, nice one! This is fantastic.

it's interesting to hear what you say about them not following their own terms and conditions.

Dermologica have a cart in the shopping centre Milton Keynes selling their items. The have a counter with 2 - 3 facial steamers and what looks like a therapist manning the counter however as far as I am aware they are not selling treatments just the items and the set up is so they can demonstrate the products to the customer

well when i complained about them being in harvey nicks dept store in manc & harrods & someone told me there in house of frazer in the midlands the excuse i got about sum of them was that dermalogica was in a salon based in a dept store an i said no matter how u butter it up its still in a dept store then i got told to set up an account was to have a beauty couch an a treatment room. But my friend sent me a pic of the gatwick dermalogica counter where there is no couch or treatment room an now you've told me about milton keynes there not following there own terms an cons but we have too!

For me, iv lost the will with Dermalogica now. Love their products, but couldn't give a hoot if this company failed tbh it wud serve them right. To big for their boots, not caring about the little salons who have carried them to where they are now!!. My business has changed sooo much over the last 18 months, lost masses amount of sales to online shops, & do Dermalogica care .....no!. Had a great rep, but think she could c where it was going so she got out. So now I concentrate on selling products & services with companies who are fingers crossed more trust worthy. You should be ashamed Dermalogica, very ashamed!!!

Latest posts

Back