dermalogica

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah21

Reaction score
hi ive been using dermalogica for about a week now and its brought me out in loads of spots i used liz earle b4 that my face was a bit clearer, now its gettin bad so was wondering do think that they will clear up or should i stop using it any advice would be nice thanks

what Dermalogica products are you using hun and what skin typw are you?

Carrie

hi im using anti bac wash with oil control lotion and medicated clearing gel i have loads of blackheads and open pores i dont really have acne only about 6 spots but after using this ive got about 20 lol

Hi

what you Will find is that your dermalogica products are deep cleansing your skin and bringing out your impurities, stick with your products and within a couple of weeks your skin will look fab.

You could try the special clearing booster for direct spot treatments its a really good spot killer :lol:

Hi hun - i started using Dermalogica in my salon too and i've been using it on my own skin.
I've been experiencing the same thing as you, but as was previously said, it's the products deep cleansing action - cos i used to have lots of comedines and milia around my nose and chin, but since using the products, I have been coming out in some spots, but i can see the areas are really clearing up.

Stick with the product, chick. It usually takes about a month of using a new product to notice a difference. And you will!!

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Love Tasha

hi im using anti bac wash with oil control lotion and medicated clearing gel i have loads of blackheads and open pores i dont really have acne only about 6 spots but after using this ive got about 20 lol

Hi Sarah

you could try the daily microfoliant, that is gentle exfoliant and will help with the blackheads.

another option is treat yourself to Crystal clear microdermabrasion. I have seen this work on sucking out the blackheads and its fab for acne scaring too as well as fine lines, uneven pigmentation- it is fab.

Other from that, do what the others had said, stick to the products!!!

Carrie x

hi ive just noticed that ive stated getting loads of little spots on my face you cant see them much only in certain light plus u can feel them theres about a hundread of them no joke plus the spots u can see are all big red ones does anyone have any advice i cant get to a beauty salon as there is none near me

I agree with the rest of the posts. And I agree with using the daily microfoliant. How are you using the medicated clearing gel? You have to use it at night on a clean face, put one thin layer over the necessary area then apply another thin coat. Do NOT use a moisturizer afterwards.

Sorry to disagree with some of the posts here - I guess some of these guys are quite experienced Skin Geeks, but I had exactly the same reaction within a week as you a few years back when my beauty therapist at the time switched me to Dermalogica, and she advised I stuck with it.

3 months later it was 10 times worse...by then it had actually become a full blown red rash and I looked considerably older and a lot worse off then when I had started. I got product after product suggested, including finally 'Barrier Repair' the waterless moisturiser for sensitized and damaged skins, to watch my skin keep on getting worse. It cost me a fortune.

I switched back to my original skin care line (which incidentally was Clinique, however I now use Clarins), and within a week my skin had visibly calmed down, the red patches subsided and within a month everything was back to normal.

Please don't think, that I'm knocking the product, as I've come across some real fans of it, but it obviously doesn't suit some skins and yours may be one of them. I'm sure there's been threads discussing the pro's and con's before. This one shows the differing of opinions - like any range I guess, some love it, some don't.

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/39419-dermalogica-beauty-products.html?highlight=Dermalogica

i have to agree with what zingara said, personally i don't think dermalogica are that great. they didn't cause me any problems but it didn't exactly make my skin any better either. Everybody's skin is different and what works for some people doesn't necessarily work for everybody else.

Yes, everyone's skin is different, and what works for one doesn't always work for another. Dermalogica takes the best from both nature and science. Some people may have a reaction to certain esscential oils in the product, or another ingredient. Or it could be something systemic that needs a doctors attention. It can also be the skin therapist recommending the wrong product for that clients skin. There are so many factors.

Sorry to disagree with some of the posts here - I guess some of these guys are quite experienced Skin Geeks, but I had exactly the same reaction within a week as you a few years back when my beauty therapist at the time switched me to Dermalogica, and she advised I stuck with it.

3 months later it was 10 times worse...by then it had actually become a full blown red rash and I looked considerably older and a lot worse off then when I had started. I got product after product suggested, including finally 'Barrier Repair' the waterless moisturiser for sensitized and damaged skins, to watch my skin keep on getting worse. It cost me a fortune.

I switched back to my original skin care line (which incidentally was Clinique, however I now use Clarins), and within a week my skin had visibly calmed down, the red patches subsided and within a month everything was back to normal.

Please don't think, that I'm knocking the product, as I've come across some real fans of it, but it obviously doesn't suit some skins and yours may be one of them. I'm sure there's been threads discussing the pro's and con's before. This one shows the differing of opinions - like any range I guess, some love it, some don't.

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/39419-dermalogica-beauty-products.html?highlight=Dermalogica

Have to agree with this.

I love Dermalogica myself and am a big fan of the multi vitamin eye cream which has been the only eye product i have used without any problems since the exczma around my eye cleared up.

Last week i reccomended this product to the owner of the salon i work in, she went and bought some & next day her eyes were puffed up like golf balls. She said she woke up with really sticky sore eyes and swelling lasted all day, it looked awful.

So both of us have sensitive eyes, worked a dream for me & had the opposite effect on her !

I would try and give it until after xmas if you feel you can, if no improvement take it back and ask for refund.

Latest posts

Back