Desperate for help with bubbles in L&P!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe your not leaving your bead to sit for a few seconds to let it polimerize befor patting it out on to the nail, this normally causes problems like bubbles! Sorry if anyone else has already said that, havent got time to check through the whole thread hth xxx

I have noticed, though, I put my brush in monomer, press against bottom of dappen dish till no more bubbles, but then when I draw it against the side of the dappen dish loads of bubbles seem to come out,

I know I am only a student myself but do you not need a new brush? Please correct me if I am wrong but its the first thing I thought of :o

Hey Gals-This is my first post-what a great website!!
It could be the brush. I was an educator for OPI many years and also at tech schools.
DO you clean your brush with brush cleaner? I never use brush cleaner-always just use the monomer to clean brush.
Do you have hardened acrylic crumbs in the brush or a "rock" on the brush, if so use plain acetone soak brush and then wipe out brush well and then use monomer to clean out the acetone before using it with powder.
An absolutely clean brush is essential to elimating bubbles.And no brush cleaner or acetone residue in brush either.And a lowsy brush like so many students use--get a really good brush and you will make more beautiful nails no matter what stage you are in on the Nail Tech Trail!!!
Make sure you put no other chemicals in the container you have your monomer in and that it is always fresh and no residue of powder in it either.If yui get a chance to use or go to a nail class for YOUNG NAILS-the classes are fabulous!!! The best system I have used in 23 years!!

A tip is going to be cold-no body heat-a live model's nail bed will be 98.6 F hopefully and does affect the setting of the acrylic-if I were you i would practice on myself or a model. Put some cuticle oil on nail bed so the acrylic will pop of if you don't want to wear them.ALL these things are in concert and help to make a pretty nail or an ugly one-one that will last 2-3 weeks or one that will fall off or lift in a week or even days!!! ALso you get to see many other things when a person wears your creation like how do they hold up for 2 weeks!!
Good luck!

This is actually an old thread started about 5 months ago. As I mentioned then, I had tried different brushes, mix ratios, always let my bead settle etc, etc. When I pointed it out to my educator she had a go and got the same result as did a few others in the class.

I do still suffer from bubbles, mainly in clear, but not as heavily as in the initial pics. Have just discussed this today with my educator actually, as she has came across it a few times since I pointed it out. She has done some investigating and is still chasing and following it up.

On a clear tip as in the pic, they stand out a mile, in the real world on clients they are very difficult to pick up and no one but myself has ever pointed them out. They have also never led to any kind of service breakdown.

On a clear tip as in the pic, they stand out a mile, in the real world on clients they are very difficult to pick up and no one but myself has ever pointed them out. They have also never led to any kind of service breakdown.

Hmmmm Lisa, I think its a case of you wanting absolute perfection, I've seen your nails and yes there maybe bubbles f you use a magnifying glass, what calss were you doing today?

Hmmmm Lisa, I think its a case of you wanting absolute perfection

Very probably, lol! I am a bit anal about things like that :green:

It was my Pre-Masters today......

you'll get your masters before me after my failed attempt last time,LOL

Latest posts

Back