Desperate for help with bubbles in L&P!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When i was getting lots of air bubbles the thing i was doing was drawing a line through the powder which was causing it.Now i dip it in and make a sort of of u shape if you get that?Has helped a lot.

I used to get this too and I found just dipping my brush helped (instead of dragging) and also I was working too wet.

I know how frustrated you must feel, so if the info hasn't worked then maybe a :hug: will make you feel better until your next class.

Teri x:)

Hi Lisa,

Could you tell me if you managed to crack the riddle... I have done 3 nails this evening (a pinkie nail, 2 number 13 nails on the nail trainer) My pinkie nail is good with no bubbles but the other 2 have tiny bubbles all over it... I think that it might be the brush in the dampen dish (I don't think that I had enough liquid in the dish) but also I applied 2 coats to the 2 number 13 nails... do you think that that could be it?

Help... It is only my 4th nail done so far so I am not too worried but I want to sort it out sooner rather than later. I did one earlier today with no bubbles either... Strange.

Jacky

Hi Jacky

I didn't:irked: I'm still waiting for someone to get back to me on this one. Don't worry, as soon as I do find out, I'll be sharing with everyone, lol!

It is so strange. 2 of the 4 nails I did today has bubbles and the other 2 doesn't... Strange.

But tomorrow is another day... Need some fresh air... and tea.

Thanks again
jacky:hug:

i do find i get more bubbles when using clear and when i use pink i dont get alot strange

Lisa I found I had this problem when training and I was the only one in the class that did. It was so frustrating I'd tried everything just like you. Then I went to my local distributers where I get my Ezflow products, they have a salon there too. I told the lady in the shop my problem and she whipped her bag of tricks out and only showed my once and I'd cracked the problem.

I think it's the way you pick up the powder. She doshed the brush in the monomer really quickly just to get the air out and then then lightly 'pressed' the tip of the brush in the powder then 'pressed' the powder towards her, not 'dragged' the powder until she's got the correct ratio (seems like there's no difference but there is), if it looked too wet then she just did another little dip into the powder until it looked right, placed it on a nail tip, and hey presto,,no bubbles. They best way I can describe it is to soak up the powder with the monomer in the brush until you get the right ratio and then take the brush out.This way you get no air bubbles & the right ratio at the same time. I tried it and it worked and I've had no probs since. It was if her magic just jumped right off her onto me .:lol: Well a little bit anyway :)

By the way I think I'd just been trying to hard practicing on a zillion nail tips. She just didn't make a fuss about it and just did it!

Hope this helps 'cause I know what it's like. Nearly made me give up before I'd even started.

this is a long shot, but, ages ago i used to get this and the answer for me was, i was being too mean with my monomer!!!
i used to only put a very small amount in my dish, so that i never wasted a drop, ( change monomer for next hand) and the actual depth of monomer , was not enough to actually spread my bristles about to release air bubbles, when i realised what it was i added more liquid and gave my brush a good burping!!!!
hth x

Well I have just done another 4 nails and 2 have bubbles (only in zone 2) and the other 2 are bubble free. I have been tapping the powder on the table to smooth the surface. I have been letting the ball sit on the nail (without touching it) for 3 or 4 seconds. I have put a little more monomer in my dampen dish and tried to be more gentle with getting bubbles out.

Stupid question though... Can I keep the monomer in the dampen dish over night and use it again in the morning or should I dispose of it?

Thanks again for all your help
Jacky

It might just work soon with all the tips I am getting.

Hi All
Sounds like your having one of those moments a few of you:)
When I had this problem (we all go through it, for different reasons sometimes) I changed my dappen dish to a deeper one, but thinner (ez flow's is just the right shape and depth, it allows the brush to have a good soak without having mega amounts of it. So no wastage, and no over exposure. I had enough monomer to cover my brush end. When I have a client as I am scrub freshing, my brush is having a nice soak in the monomer for all the liquid to soak in. You would be surprized just how dry the middle bristles can be when you dont do this.

You know when you place the bead, and count for a couple seconds, like it has been said before It helps. Plus don't be affraid to touch the product with your brush.

Smiles lines are gorgeous!! be proud honey.

Hope this helps, as its a pain in the bum when you can't get your head around something.

Hope you all enjoyed Halloween:)
xx

Solved my problem today....don't think it was my powder that was me making excuses for myself :eek: I did 60 tips in conjuntion with course notes and nailcalss sussed that I was picking up at the wrong angle. I was going in too straight instead of 45 degrees.

Did wonders for my smile lines too.

So hopefully that's that one solved and things will get better.

Solved my problem today....don't think it was my powder that was me making excuses for myself :eek: I did 60 tips in conjuntion with course notes and nailcalss sussed that I was picking up at the wrong angle. I was going in too straight instead of 45 degrees.

Did wonders for my smile lines too.

So hopefully that's that one solved and things will get better.

Glad you sorted it Honey xx

Hi Jacky

I didn't:irked: I'm still waiting for someone to get back to me on this one. Don't worry, as soon as I do find out, I'll be sharing with everyone, lol!

How did you get on hun ?

Did you sort the problem and what was the cause ? xx

How did you get on hun ?

Did you sort the problem and what was the cause ? xx

Believe it or not, I'm still waiting! I'll be seeing my educator next month, so I'm hoping she will have heard something by then, I'll keep you posted hun....... x

Crumbs ! Yeah do keep us posted.

Have you seen no improvement at all ?

Tbh the reason i looked this thread up was,i had 121 on wed :D anyway,i have been practising on clear tips,Dianne said my mix ratio was fine and i have never had bubble problems until today.

There were two or three in each and very tiny but omg it made me :grr:.

When i placed the tip over flesh (mimicking the nail bed) they were no longer visible,and it baffled me :lol:

So i looked your thread up and now i am intrigued to find out what the problem is,hope you get it sorted soon hun x

im havin the same problem. think it cud be my brush

im havin the same problem. think it cud be my brush

In what way could it be your brush? Don't you mean it is how you are using your brush?

Do you mean you are holding it at the wrong angle..you are swishing it about in your liquid....you drag it through the powder?

All of these thngs are mentioned in this thread...and ways of combating & correcting it.

the tips pictured on the first post , are exactly what my l+P is like at the moment ..
i have tried almost everything , but no avail ..i have read a few more tips on here though , so ill give them a go , fingers crossed
also i have my creative conversion in a few weeks so hopefully ill get some help then xxx

i hope that you've also been trying on real nails cause nails tips can cause bubbles no matter who's doing them...

Latest posts

Back