did you get your portfolio back from vctc course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

coz i never did but i want it!!
x

Hi chick,
No not yet, went to get it with my CND certificate but was told would have to wait untill i recieved my vctc cert. before getting portfolio back.
Still waiting.

buttonmoon54321 said:
coz i never did but i want it!!
x

i finished courses last may and june and have heard nothing!
x

Hi there,
I did my VTCT last September and then the Nail Art course too. Cause this was as the local college I made sure that I had my tutors work number and just kept ringing to find out when I could pick it up. I received my certificates direct from VTCT and as both of my portfolios were the ones chosen to be sent to VTCT for verification, I thought they would take ages to be returned but I have both of them already!! Maybe it's down to the tutor to chase them up, why not try giving them a ring??
Take care and hope you get something sorted. It is nice to get them back after all the hard work you have to put in.
Kimmie

I did the Beauty Therapy course between September last year and June this year. I've had my portfolio back and have also received my certificate!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I really am sure you don't get your portfolio back!

We were told that if there was anything in our files then we were to copy it as we wouldn't get our files back at all.

Hi,

I did my VTCT IHM, Mani & Pedi and Depilation Certificate and on all 3 courses we were told that we won't be getting our portfolios back !

So it seems strange that some of you got yours back and others have been told that you don't get them back .........

Then again, we are talking about VTCT !!!!!

River

They must change the rules as they go along because we got ours back :rolleyes:

I think that's really rotten that they haven't returned them to you guys - these are portfolios you can look back on and refer to from time to time (alright, some of the methodology was a bit behind as many of us later came to realise in the case of some colleges), but its good to have all that evidence of your hard work and the progress you have made since, not least all the homework and assignments you put into it - I would have gone mad if they didn't return it, especially as it contained all my nail art too which I spent many a late night working on.

It is your property and I really think you are entitled to its return - I'd be banging on their door for it, I know that much.

our college rang me this week and said ....if it wasnt collected by today it was going to be shredded.

EEEEk have it now!

Amb x

Now they say they will shred them? What's the deal with them - rotters.

Glad you got it in time Amber :hug:

Same as Amber for me... given a date to collect by ... then shred city.
It has to be this way though because if you imagine all the storage space needed to hold on to all those folders, on the offchance that some students might want them back, is totally impractical.
However I believe that you should be offered the chance to collect your work.

We were told that they were being sent away to assessors and then when the assessors had finished with them - they all go in a big skip!

They said they couldn't give them us back because they didn't know what was going to be on this years sylabus and we could give them to new students to copy!

Hiya

I passed my course at the end of June and I got mine back 2 weeks later. Just waiting for my certificate to come now. But we were told the certficates could take a while to arrive.

I would phone the college if I were you as your portfolio is yours.

Love

Debbie xxx

Fingertips ND said:
We were told that they were being sent away to assessors and then when the assessors had finished with them - they all go in a big skip!

They said they couldn't give them us back because they didn't know what was going to be on this years sylabus and we could give them to new students to copy!

That is soooo wrong. So if that's their argument, what of those of us who do get them back. What confusing and inconsistent rules they work by.

Fingertips ND said:

Thats not how our college worked I'd ask to speak to the principal if I were your or the exam board as you might need that work for further eveidence if you need or wish to do further qualifications.....

Latest posts

Back