Did you win on the Grand National?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about the jockey that fell off yesterday and the horse carried on running, there weren't no jockey making it run then was there NO

So true, if the jockey has fell off it is then running by choice no jockey is on it. lol.

I don't see why people have had to jump on this thread who disagree with racing, there's another thread for that with a debate going on. The OP wanted to know about winnings ect not that you find it cruel, why throw it on this thread?

I'm starting to think some you seriously have a screw loose. The horse ran because all the others were running, it had been trained to run or get whipped. It doesn't realise it won't get whipped if there is no jockey on its back. It's a horse, it's brain isn't as developed as (some of) ours.

Why do horses have to be "broken" before you can ride them? Because they are frightened to death, not stubborn as you lot put it. :Scared:

I find everyone's complete ignorance baffling. I thought this site had more intelligence.

So true, if the jockey has fell off it is then running by choice no jockey is on it. lol.

I don't see why people have had to jump on this thread who disagree with racing, there's another thread for that with a debate going on. The OP wanted to know about winnings ect not that you find it cruel, why throw it on this thread?

Because we're trying to educate people and highlight cruelty in animal sports. That's why. Hopefully it will actually help some people realise what's really going on.

If you saw an old lady getting battered in the street would you just walk by and ignore it? I can't. And that's why I can't ignore a thread like this.

I would personally like the tread closed down and deleted as it's highly offensive.

Yaaaaaawn!!!!! Here we go again.

I don't understand why on this site if someone doesn't like or agree with something they can't just skip past to the next thread, there's thousands of them!!!

I'm sure we're all "intelligent" enough to scroll down a page.

There's 2 threads running so those that put a bet on can comment on this one and those that don't agree with it can comment on the other thread.... simples ;) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yaaaaaawn!!!!! Here we go again.

I don't understand why on this site if someone doesn't like or agree with something they can't just skip past to the next thread, there's thousands of them!!!

I'm sure we're all "intelligent" enough to scroll down a page.

There's 2 threads running so those that put a bet on can comment on this one and those that don't agree with it can comment on the other thread.... simples ;) xxx

So if you saw a thread where the OP said they really enjoy beating their dog with a stick until it bled in order to teach it new tricks, you would just ignore it and wouldn't comment?

I'm hoping you would. In the negative.

This thread makes my blood boil as much as my above comment, if it were true, would hopefully make yours.

So if you saw a thread where the OP said they really enjoy beating their dog with a stick until it bled in order to teach it new tricks, you would just ignore it and wouldn't comment?

I'm hoping you would. In the negative.

This thread makes my blood boil as much as my above comment, if it were true, would hopefully make yours.

Nope I wouldn't comment. I would go to the next thread to read about something that does interest me. Doesn't mean I agree with what they were saying x

Nope I wouldn't comment. I would go to the next thread to read about something that does interest me. Doesn't mean I agree with what they were saying x

That doesn't surprise me now. I think I have a good insight into your attitude towards cruelty to animals. I wish there were only a few like you. I hope you don't own any pets.

Saying that some of us have a screw loose is out of order, just cos theres some that like racing dont mean we have a screw loose, and I agree this thread is for people who put a bet on if you dont like it then dont comment and move onto a different thread!

And keeping pets is any different? Dumbing down their natural instincts and messing with natural selection? Also keeping them in homes or cages etc that are too small?

Dogs for example - wild dogs walk and run for absolute miles in the wild, hunt, and breed with other dogs in natural selection - instead we keep them in small homes and gardens, a walk around the block once or twice a day, practically force breeding, train then to look pretty and do un natural things in shows, dress them up, groom them. They are no longer dogs today compares to wild dogs. We've changed them. Dumb down their natural instincts. Same goes with cats.

Birds- we put birds in cages too small only enough for them to span their wings, give them food, again forex breed, train etc. Put mirrors in their cages to give them the psychological feeling they're not alone...

We are stripping away natural instincts of animals - and that's not cruel? I have pets but it's just the same...

And keeping pets is any different? Dumbing down their natural instincts and messing with natural selection? Also keeping them in homes or cages etc that are too small?

Dogs for example - wild dogs walk and run for absolute miles in the wild, hunt, and breed with other dogs in natural selection - instead we keep them in small homes and gardens, a walk around the block once or twice a day, practically force breeding, train then to look pretty and do un natural things in shows, dress them up, groom them. They are no longer dogs today compares to wild dogs. We've changed them. Dumb down their natural instincts. Same goes with cats.

Birds- we put birds in cages too small only enough for them to span their wings, give them food, again forex breed, train etc. Put mirrors in their cages to give them the psychological feeling they're not alone...

We are stripping away natural instincts of animals - and that's not cruel? I have pets but it's just the same...

I don't own any pets for the reasons you stated above. Yet you do? What a bizarre attitude you have. You're contradicting yourself in one post. So is it "cool to be cruel". I must be missing something.

Last edited:
That doesn't surprise me now. I think I have a good insight into your attitude towards cruelty to animals. I wish there were only a few like you. I hope you don't own any pets.

Clearly you know nothing about my attitude towards cruelty to animals! ;) Just because I don't wish to bore everyone with my personal views online doesn't mean I agree with animal cruelty 1 little bit!

I much prefer face to face debates as everything gets twisted on here and people make things personal and think they know people inside out! Surprise surprise!

Anyway ;) enjoy your Sunday afternoon everyone.... I'm bored... so I'm off ;)

Ciao for now brown cow :D

XxxX

Trying to remember the last time I saw a wild Jack Russel, running in the wind for miles and miles.

Plus my cats do whatever the heck they want, if they want to go back to their roots then I am pretty sure they would. I don't whip them to train them to live with me or cuddle under my duvet at night.

That is a very interesting opinion and i have often found myself thinking along these lines. Its the reason i refuse to keep birds. I think they should be free and able to fly where ever they please. Yet i keep dogs. Due to thier breed (jack russell and a collie rottweiler mix) i dont view them that way as they r very domesticated breeds. Yet huskies malamutes and akittas i view as wolf like and wild due to thier difficulty to train. Isnt it strange how we see things, almost contradictory? As for the grand national i neither agree nor disagree, never placed a bet nor watched it. I adore horses but much rather see them frollicking in a field than being ridden around a track with jumps. It doesnt seem natural.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

What about when you eat meat or eggs? Like I put on the previous thread when you eat a peice of meat do you know how it's killed?

The stun it's head with electricity slit it's throat and hang it up by its legs so it can bleed to death. What's a whip and running (what a horses natural instinct is to do) compared to that?

Chickens kept by the dozen in cages with no lights often scientifically modified to be featherless to safe costs of killing and prepping because it doesn't have to be plucked.

Did you know free range doesn't mean they walk along in acres of fields either!? It means they're cageless but often thousands crammed into a small shed or small plot of land.

They're not fed corn either rather a modified type of food to keep the flesh pale in colour with minimal fat etc. You'll know if the chicken your eating is corn fed because it's flesh is yellow.

Mass born chicks are put in conveyor belts and sorted through by staff and thrown down shoots if they're male or female...

Cows - hundreds of cows locked in farm sheds - some never see light!

Animals - thousands tested on each year / given cancers, aids, illnesses etc for us to test drugs.
Hundreds of beauty companies and hair companies testing their products on defenseless animals...

So a horse running and a little (pain free) whip is nothing - open your eyes around you.

Just want to add i dont not bet because i think its unnatural. I dont like gambling but thats a whole other debate lol. And no i dont play the lottery nor do i buy scratch cards.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

What about when you eat meat or eggs? Like I put on the previous thread when you eat a peice of meat do you know how it's killed?

The stun it's head with electricity slit it's throat and hang it up by its legs so it can bleed to death. What's a whip and running (what a horses natural instinct is to do) compared to that?

Chickens kept by the dozen in cages with no lights often scientifically modified to be featherless to safe costs of killing and prepping because it doesn't have to be plucked.

Did you know free range doesn't mean they walk along in acres of fields either!? It means they're cageless but often thousands crammed into a small shed or small plot of land.

They're not fed corn either rather a modified type of food to keep the flesh pale in colour with minimal fat etc. You'll know if the chicken your eating is corn fed because it's flesh is yellow.

Mass born chicks are put in conveyor belts and sorted through by staff and thrown down shoots if they're male or female...

Cows - hundreds of cows locked in farm sheds - some never see light!

Animals - thousands tested on each year / given cancers, aids, illnesses etc for us to test drugs.
Hundreds of beauty companies and hair companies testing their products on defenseless animals...

So a horse running and a little (pain free) whip is nothing - open your eyes around you.

I know exactly where my meat, milk and eggs come from. Farms in Cheshire. I go there and buy from the farm shop. I've seen the animals, the hens and the cows and the lambs.

This is slaughter for food, not for fun and games. Big difference. One feeds the world, the other gives men a thrill in their pants and their pocket.

I have pets yes, and I'm a carnivore through and through. I wasn't saying I'm against pets as I love mine dearly. What I'm saying is your all quick to jump on the 'horse racing is cruel' bandwagon yet having pets, eating, colouring your hair, applying make up, bathing - it's all linked to animal cruelty. Yet you keep doing it don't you?

I have pets yes, and I'm a carnivore through and through. I wasn't saying I'm against pets as I love mine dearly. What I'm saying is your all quick to jump on the 'horse racing is cruel' bandwagon yet having pets, eating, colouring your hair, applying make up, bathing - it's all linked to animal cruelty. Yet you keep doing it don't you?

Yes, I agree but I just think some things are worse than others. The Grand National in particular, which is a blood sport for enjoyment only. Horses are dying so people can bet on them and make money. This is what I am against. I don't like fox hunting either, or deer hunting, unless the deer is going to be eaten, or fishing, unless the fish is going to be eaten. It just seems blood thirsty, cruel and barbaric to want to hurt an animal for fun and not for food.

I understand what everyone is saying here. .Grand national for reward only. I Agree. France for example eat horses.. I'm ok with that, animals are our food chain.

I left a similar post on the other thread about this. Without drugs being tested for years on animals half of us would not be here....I'm sure we are all quite happy that some animals have suffered to help our families in one way or another be it organ transplant or certain drugs. However we have all complained about beauty products being tested on animals but some of these products we put in our eyes. If we used one of these products and went blind as a result how many of us would be happy about it. .... This is where it's never quite black and white.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm obviously on my high horse flogging a dead horse aren't i?

Latest posts

Back