Diets!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffany.

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Now I'm sure we have all been here at some point but... Diets! I'm not big, but after having two babies I would like to loose a little weight.
Can anyone recommend diets which have worked for them? Xx

Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com

That's a good resource- lets you track everything and its free. :)- and if you have an Ipod or Iphone theres an app for it too if you're out and about.

I'm not one for fad diets- Im a big believer in if you burn more than you take in- you can't not lose weight (unless you have a medical condition of course....but thats pretty rare.)

p.s I've just run for two miles, logged in on my Nike Plus..and its 300 calories. So thats my lunch accounted for! :)

Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com

That's a good resource- lets you track everything and its free. :)- and if you have an Ipod or Iphone theres an app for it too if you're out and about.

I'm not one for fad diets- Im a big believer in if you burn more than you take in- you can't not lose weight (unless you have a medical condition of course....but thats pretty rare.)

p.s I've just run for two miles, logged in on my Nike Plus..and its 300 calories. So thats my lunch accounted for! :)

Good advice. Thank you for that I will use it.Just fed up of trying diets that don't work, I'm hopeless!

X:rolleyes:

good old calorie counting always seems to work for me - best examaple of this i can give you is rosemary conley - if your looking at going to a class they include a session of areobics within the weekly meeting.

although that said, i found it wasnt necessary to go to weekly meets as soon as you get in the habit of reading food labels you never seem like your on a diet (off the top of my head i think it was nothing over 4g of fat per 100g)

HTH
V x

I've been using Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople and I LOVE it! It's FREE (my fave F word) and very good. The key to weight loss is to journal everything you eat AND drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Also, some exercise here and there. Best of luck to you! :)

eat less calories, burn more calories : )

harder than it sounds eh!

best of luck in whatever you choose

xx

Thanks so much guys xxx

weight watchers worked for me :) they have just introduced a brand new plan though so have'nt tried that! but to be honest if you dont have much to lose and have good will power excersise and a balanced diet does the trick!
I still eat what I want just not everyday :lol: and always try and choose the the least fat option too hth xx

Get a dog :).Ive just walked 2 miles in the fog as well as 2 miles this morning in more fog.Nothing like a labradors sad brown eyes pleading take me out to get you on the move.

I've been with weight watchers since 2004 and have lost both my younger daughters baby weight with them in a matter of months, i really rate them. I've always managed to keep it off give of take a few pounds.

I also do billy blanks taebo which is a really high energy workout. Most people i know do it for a few days then give up but if you give it a good week you'll see the weight drop off and you soon get into the rythem off it.

Get a dog :).Ive just walked 2 miles in the fog as well as 2 miles this morning in more fog.Nothing like a labradors sad brown eyes pleading take me out to get you on the move.

Oh gosh, don't tempt me even more! I keep badgering on about getting a dog, may have to consider after Xmas. Love labradours! Beautiful. Used to have one as a child, and actually you're right. You'd soon get gig walking morning and night. X thank you x

I've been with weight watchers since 2004 and have lost both my younger daughters baby weight with them in a matter of months, i really rate them. I've always managed to keep it off give of take a few pounds.

I also do billy blanks taebo which is a really high energy workout. Most people i know do it for a few days then give up but if you give it a good week you'll see the weight drop off and you soon get into the rythem off it.

I'm actually signed up to weight watchers, I'll give it a go. I started on the slim fast but it's just not really working for me, plus by evening I'm so hungry and i have to eat when I get like that as I suffer from headaches and get quite light headed and shaky.
I will start this morning, no time like the present! :scared:

I may have to google billy blanks taebo... Never heard of it :confused: although I am starting a boot camp this week, 2 nights a week of training outside plus pilates. Im also going to try fit the gym in one night too. We say this, but it's so hard trying to fit it in! :eek:

Thank you very much xx. :):)

X

Good luck, let us know how its going.

Myfitnesspal is absolutely fantastic, every food imagineable is in their database and if it's not you can add it. You can also enter any exercise you do. It's all free. I have lost 16lbs so far. Good support network as well.

WW is good online and classes but not free
Tesco Diets is good but not all foods are in their database again not free

I wish you much luck, it's hard this time of year but home made soups are a blessing!

Fitnesspal? I haven't heard of this before, it's a tool on the net? I'll have a look at this. Thank you x

Hi Tiffany

www.myfitnesspal.com is the link. I can't praise it enough but you do have to be strict and enter everything in.

Good luck

Slimming world works, I dont know anyone whos tried it that hasnt lost weight, I lost 2 and a half stone and a friend of mine lost 4 and a half. I think weight watchers and slimming world are kind of the same now anyway so ether ir I guess. If you combine the diet and stick to it with gentle excersize you will definatly lose weight, infact there was a few people who were imobile due to health issues at my group and they still lost weight through it. Cant recomend it enough xx

slimming world has worked for loads of people i know but a close second is rosemary connely clubs. I keep trying all these diets and even joined the gym but do you know what...i still cant seem to loose the weight and the ironic thing is in the last 6 months my diet and lifestyle has been the healthiest it has been since i was a teenager and i have never had so many illnesses..who said being healthy was good for you ? :p

i used the cambridge diet after having my two children and lost 4 stone quite quickly and i never put it back on both times even when i went back to my normal eating habits (within reason not overboard) but i exercise with it also.

anything else ive tried i put it back on straight away even with exercise.

My mums friends started a diet a month back and lost a stone in 2weeks! Massive in America at the min, I'm in the middle of trying to get the diet over here message me if your interested. sounds too good to be true? Message me and will tell you more details with a link to my website and details about this new diet x

Latest posts

Back