Different Acrylic - What is it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicolesx

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I have recently started getting clients that have had their nails done by an NSS along the street from the salon and there nails are in shockin condition. My mum has this problem when she was a nail tech and she told me it was something in the acrylic that is band in the beauty industry and is really bad for your nails and makes it near enough impossible to remove the nails. Also something about it being made to bind stuff on SHIPS!!

does anyone know what this is so I can give my clients more info about it?

Thanks xx

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like MMA, if you do a search on google you will find a lot of info on it hth x

i just dont understand how these people get a hold of such a dangerous thing by the looks of it?? x

i just dont understand how these people get a hold of such a dangerous thing by the looks of it?? x

Its not illegil here, only in the states and only from monomer , most good one are EMA insted of MMA,I think there there is MMA in the powders though, bt this is safe :)

So its not the acrylic powder its the liquid that is causing this?

I'm so eager to know cause a lot of people are now not willing to get acrylics cause they think they will damage there nails since these people have damaged them before x

Sounds like MMA to me, most NSS use it, it is a chemical which has been used in making false teeth and limbs so you can imagine how strong it is! hence why the chinese nails last for a long time but then leave the natural nail in shocking conditions! I have seen nails with holes in them due to damage from chinese nail salons! They do not care about their clients they just want the money leaving us genuine salons to pick up the pieces! we should just continue to educate clients about the dangers associated with MMA
X

i know there must be loads of places using it..

does anyone on here use it, if it isnt illegal?

i have typed everything in on google and I just dont get where people can buy it from , it does not seem easy to get a hold of.

I just dont want loads of people with damaged nails and them coming to me saying they will never get them done again cause "the NSS down the road" ruined her nails

x

:?:
i know there must be loads of places using it..

does anyone on here use it, if it isnt illegal?

i have typed everything in on google and I just dont get where people can buy it from , it does not seem easy to get a hold of.

I just dont want loads of people with damaged nails and them coming to me saying they will never get them done again cause "the NSS down the road" ruined her nails

x

I can see where you are coming from. BUT you have to be carefull, would you say that white girl ruined my nails if she was cucasian?? xxx dont tar all with same brush,,iygwim hun,, I would not worry you need to work out WHY they go there? cheap,,,no,,fast YES. £40 for full set around here so not cheap but fast,,,people dont care aslong as llook good, then pull em off get new set,,it takes ages to change someones mind about bad nails, believe me, I would rather not have them clients. xx

Just a quick reminder that it isn't good practice to refer to all MMA techs as a certain ethnicity!

There are plenty of NSS (non standard salons) around and there are races from all over the world who own them and work in them...
...white, black, asian etc etc

I've edited the relevant posts in the thread where necessary!

Latest posts

Back