Difficult client, what do I say?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jigglyb4ll

Reaction score
I've got a lady who has been a couple of times for lashes and twice she's just not turned up for her appointment. I told her she would have to pay a deposit for her next appointment as she hadn't given me any notice which she paid this time (her appointments are usually months apart, she isn't a regular)
She's due in at 10 and she's just text saying her daughter is vomiting, she has no one to look after her could she bring her with a bowl and blanket?!!
I have a home salon but I still don't think that's ok?
I don't want to catch it...
Usually I would probably say its ok but this client is always difficult so I lack sympathy.
What do I say?!?! :(

If she is being sick, then she shouldn't be brought out. If it was me I would say no, as like you said I wouldn't want to catch what ever the child has x

Sorry I would say no. If the child had a slight cold or cough that would be slightly different but vomiting is a no no in my opinion. It could be that horrible Noro virus nether the less you don't want to be catching what ever it is as you can make your other clients ill & you will also have to cancel clients yourself if you get it which would result in loss of earnings.

Thank you, I wanted to say no but needed a little push lol
It wouldn't be so bad if she hadn't paid a deposit but that makes me feel guilty!

Thanks geeks, happy Monday to you!! :) xx

You don't want to be getting ill yourself then having to take time off work, due to a client who rarely shows up x

I think she is probably calling you bluff. I bet her daughter isn't sick but she knows she will lose her deposit if she just cancels. Having said this you can't really risk having a vomitting child in your salon if she is telling the truth. I bet if you said its fine to bring her along she would still cancel with further excuses. Maybe I'm just getting synical in my old age lol!

Ahh I know it's tricky but I'd say no too. She's probably offered to bring the child, sick bowl and all, because she knows she's messed you around before! No, that child belongs in bed!
You're thinking the right thing.
X

I think she is probably calling you bluff. I bet her daughter isn't sick but she knows she will lose her deposit if she just cancels. Having said this you can't really risk having a vomitting child in your salon if she is telling the truth. I bet if you said its fine to bring her along she would still cancel with further excuses. Maybe I'm just getting synical in my old age lol!

No I think you are spot on. I told her I was really sorry but I couldn't risk it and she asked if she could rebook so I gave her some dates and my bank details for another deposit lol
If it was anyone else I think I'd have said rebook and don't worry about the deposit but she's just always so difficult :|
I kinda don't want her to rebook.
I seem to attract a lot of 'difficult' clients. Is it just me?!?! Lol xx

No I think you are spot on. I told her I was really sorry but I couldn't risk it and she asked if she could rebook so I gave her some dates and my bank details for another deposit lol
If it was anyone else I think I'd have said rebook and don't worry about the deposit but she's just always so difficult :|
I kinda don't want her to rebook.
I seem to attract a lot of 'difficult' clients. Is it just me?!?! Lol xx

Good for you :D

I think some clients just like to take advantage of peoples kind nature. We all come across our fair share, its how you deal them that makes the difference x

Definitely it's a 'no' and when she tries to book again I would also say 'no', you don't need the stress of this woman she will always be a pain!:)

I get annoyed at people like this. She is prepared for her child to sit there feeling ill in a strangers house whilst she has her treatment with a potentially infectious bug. Good grief. What do these parents think of? She sounds selfish and I would be inclined to be 'busy' in the future.

Thanks for the support guys, I always doubt myself!
She's actually rebooked and paid another deposit which I'm surprised about.
Thing is I know she has more money than sense, throws her money around and really talks down to everyone regarding money but hey, if she wants to pay me and I never actually have to see her I may be onto a winner!! Lol

Thanks for the support guys, I always doubt myself!
She's actually rebooked and paid another deposit which I'm surprised about.
Thing is I know she has more money than sense, throws her money around and really talks down to everyone regarding money but hey, if she wants to pay me and I never actually have to see her I may be onto a winner!! Lol

I hope this has knocked some sense into her but I suspect not! Even if she pays deposits and never turns up these clients are not worth it. She will take up the appointment that a good paying regular client could have - one who will pay for the complete appt and one you have the opportunity to upsell to. Think long term of the lost revenue and annoyance by accommodating these types of clients.

Latest posts

Back